Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Playoff Picture Record/Schedule/Discussion *Updated* (Merge)

w87r

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There were a few in here that said "should" because according to them the 2 seed doesn't matter which is absurd.

Ah, I see. Obviously, the 2 seed is not the same prize without the bye or the full stadium, but I'm sure teams still prefer to play as many games as possible at home. Guess we'll find out just how much it means.

In regard to Watson, the early report was he got injured late in the game, so speculation started that he might not play this Sunday. Then Watson and Crennel both said if he's cleared by the medical staff, he;s playing.

More incentive for the Texans ro play is right now the Dolphins have 3rd pick in draft because of trade.

If they can win it would drop that pick to as low as 10. Cant imagine being them and not having your top 3 pick.... Lol.

Im sure they want that pick as low as possible.

Which of these will happen?

1. The new Browns lose a "win and in" game against the Steelers backups. Cleveland fans are relieved that their beloved old Browns are alive and well.

2. The Bengals finish on a 3 game winning streak, knocking off the Ravens.

3. The Cinderella Dolphins, fresh off their miracle win vs the Raiders, come out flat as a pancake and lose to the Bills.

4. Deshaun Watson throws for 500 yards and the Texans eek out a win vs the Titans.

5. None of the above, and the Colts go 11-5 and miss the playoffs

Andy Reid said that there's a chance Chad Henne  will start week 17 instead of Patrick Mahomes.  The Chiefs have nothing to play for, anyway. 

It would be strange if the Ravens were the only team who loses.  The way this year has gone, though, I wouldn't be too shocked. 

Just now, teganslaw said:

Andy Reid said that there's a chance Chad Henne  will start week 17 instead of Patrick Mahomes.  The Chiefs have nothing to play for, anyway. 

It would be strange if the Ravens were the only team who loses.  The way this year has gone, though, I wouldn't be too shocked. 

I would expect Mahomes to play they would be rusty being off 2 weeks in row if he didn't play week 17. Even if just til halftime. 

15 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

That would pretty much give MVP to Rodgers. GB needs to win to secure the #1 seed.

Colts are getting about as much luck as they can right now after getting the raw end of the deal with the Steelers & bills potentially resting their top starters.

Fitzpatrick can no longer save TUA & the Dolphins. 

Ward, Malcolm Smith, Harrison Bryant, and a few others will be out for the Browns.

Don't want anyone to get sick, but wouldn't mind a couple more of them being "too close" due to contact tracing and miss Sunday. lol

On 12/29/2020 at 12:38 PM, coltsva said:

I honestly don't think this is a big negative. Ben has not looked sharp, other than the 20 minute stretch last game.

go watch mason rudolphs play at QB then get back to me .  the browns beat the steelers by 30 with mason playing , he is the worst QB i ever saw play .  i would take curtis painter over him

On 12/29/2020 at 3:26 PM, coltsva said:

Which of these will happen?

1. The new Browns lose a "win and in" game against the Steelers backups. Cleveland fans are relieved that their beloved old Browns are alive and well.

2. The Bengals finish on a 3 game winning streak, knocking off the Ravens.

3. The Cinderella Dolphins, fresh off their miracle win vs the Raiders, come out flat as a pancake and lose to the Bills.

4. Deshaun Watson throws for 500 yards and the Texans eek out a win vs the Titans.

5. None of the above, and the Colts go 11-5 and miss the playoffs

This would have made an interesting poll thread.  I'm leaning 5 unfortunately.  

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

go watch mason rudolphs play at QB then get back to me .  the browns beat the steelers by 30 with mason playing , he is the worst QB i ever saw play .  i would take curtis painter over him

Just let me hold onto my dream a few more days, okay? 

4 hours ago, coming on strong said:

i believe frank is gonna call in a favor to the bills .  he played for them and even won two playoff games helping them get to the super bowl .     frank is very close to bills ownership and current front office still .  he can call in a favor and have the bills start josh allen .  

I don't think Frank has any influence with the Bills but IMO the Bills will want to win this game to keep home field as long as they can. Plus the Bills are going to have a lot of fans at the game and I would think the teams wants to show out for them

Add the fact that Magic Man is out due to COVID-19 and Tua is starting. 

IMO the Bills will win this game.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't think Frank has any influence with the Bills but IMO the Bills will want to win this game to keep home field as long as they can. Plus the Bills are going to have a lot of fans at the game and I would think the teams wants to show out for them

Add the fact that Magic Man is out due to COVID-19 and Tua is starting. 

IMO the Bills will win this game.

Bills will win, not only that watch for Houston to maybe pull the upset off. We have 2 decent outs. 

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bills will win, not only that watch for Houston to maybe pull the upset off. We have 2 decent outs. 

I agree. 

I would think Houston would love to knock the Titans out of the playoffs. 

Maybe JJ Watt's speech can put some fire under the Texan's rear ends? 

There's a very high chance if Colts even do advance they will end up playing the Bills. I cant imagine Ravens or Browns losing with the Steelers resting starters. 

The Bills Dolphins game could be the biggest game for us beside our own obviously. 

If Browns and Ravens win they get 5 and 6 and we would be 7 to go Buffalo.

Lets hope this scenario plays out

10 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

There's a very high chance if Colts even do advance they will end up playing the Bills. I cant imagine Ravens or Browns losing with the Steelers resting starters. 

The Bills Dolphins game could be the biggest game for us beside our own obviously. 

If Browns and Ravens win they get 5 and 6 and we would be 7 to go Buffalo.

Lets hope this scenario plays out

Still looking for that #4 seed.

I think our best shot for berth is Bills win, but followed closely by a Texans win(obviously this would clinch us a spot with win automatically, but I think Bills win has better odds at moment)

17 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Weather this Sunday in buffalo is going to be bad. If this weather where I am at  in Indiana is what they are getting Sunday it’s bad. Next Sunday if the colts play so far it’s 30’s and cloudy.

You realize you are now the forum meteorologist and will be required to give us the weather every hour now 

:peek:

Archived