Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Playoff Picture Record/Schedule/Discussion *Updated* (Merge)

w87r

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Of course but I lean toward GB taking it. I have been wrong many times but also right many times. This time of year it is a crapshoot and you almost have to by gut when two very good/great teams are playing.

I hope Packers win. Rodgers is going to have to play one of those games. He’ll have to play much better than last week

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How? Rodgers loves that weather. I get Henry can run it a lot but he always does anyway.

It's a lot harder to tackle when it's freezing cold. 

It's also easier to fumble tho, so who knows. 

If Aaron Rodgers plays a great game, they will win easy. 

So Jets did us a big favor.

We now have 4 avenues to still make the playoffs.

1. Win next week, Titans lose both games, we win division.

2. Win next week, Browns lose to Steelers

3. Win next week Ravens lose to Bengals

4. Win next week Dolphins lose to Bills.

So, it's not all doom and gloom, but this one hurt.

8 minutes ago, w87r said:

So Jets did us a big favor.

We now have 4 avenues to still make the playoffs.

1. Win next week, Titans lose both games, we win division.

2. Win next week, Browns lose to Steelers

3. Win next week Ravens lose to Bengals

4. Win next week Dolphins lose to Bills.

So, it's not all doom and gloom, but this one hurt.

People seem to think resting will happen next week. With the 3 seed not meaning as much this year. Steelers and Bills could be resting. Ravens are probably going to the Superbowl. So that just leave the titians totally collapsing like us.

Let's go Green bay!

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

People seem to think resting will happen next week. With the 3 seed not meaning as much this year. Steelers and Bills could be resting. Ravens are probably going to the Superbowl. So that just leave the titians totally collapsing like us.

Let's go Green bay!

I dont see Pittsburgh resting at all, they need to get things figured out, they have been sliding down a slippery slope. 

I think Pittsburgh and Bills will play to win next week.

If Titans win tonight then they would put pressure for the 2 seed as well next week then Pitt and Buffalo would be trying to secure the 3 seed.

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

I dont see Pittsburgh resting at all, they need to get things figured out, they have been sliding down a slippery slope. 

I think Pittsburgh and Bills will play to win next week.

If Titans win tonight then they would put pressure for the 2 seed as well next week then Pitt and Buffalo would be trying to secure the 3 seed.

I just seeing them fighting for the right to NOT play the Ravens first

So far Packers are taking care of business. If TN drops to 10-5 that makes today’s loss even worse. But it makes all the games so meaningful next week. Titans, Ravens, browns, dolphins are all chances for the colts to make the playoffs. Titans could even miss with a loss to the Texans. Did anyone see JJ watts rant today after the Texan loss. It was awesome. He basically said get off this team if your not going to come play.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

So far Packers are taking care of business. If TN drops to 10-5 that makes today’s loss even worse. But it makes all the games so meaningful next week. Titans, Ravens, browns, dolphins are all chances for the colts to make the playoffs. Titans could even miss with a loss to the Texans. Did anyone see JJ watts rant today after the Texan loss. It was awesome. He basically said get off this team if your not going to come play.

I did see it. Someone posted thread with it earlier. Should mean they will be going hard next week.

The loss today is over, have to let it go and hope everything falls in place next week.

GB holds on here we can walk with the #4 seed. 

I like are chances to have 1 of 4 teams lose coupled with our win.

Well well well.

Colts and Titans both play at 4 next Sunday.

Dolphins, Browns, Ravens all play at 1.

So we will know come game time if we just need a win to get in, or if we have to win the division with Titans losing in same time slot with us.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s going to be a wild week 17 in the AFC.

It definitely will, and if you're playing divisional rivals for the Divisional crown, I'd rather be the Colts playing the Jaguars at home than the Titans playing the Texans in Houston.

2 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

It definitely will, and if you're playing divisional rivals for the Divisional crown, I'd rather be the Colts playing the Jaguars at home than the Titans playing the Texans in Houston.

Especially with a fired up Watt on the other end 

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

Well well well.

So we will know come game time if we just need a win to get in, or if we have to win the division with Titans losing in same time slot with us.

Chewing Gum Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Well well well.

At least I got 1 prediction right, the Titans got waxed. Next Sunday is going to be a circus. I am still disgusted by the REFS today so I had to take a nap for a while and shut everything off for a few hours. 

Remember when it was snowing and Brady and the Patriots beat the Titans 59-0 or something. I was vaguely reminded of that when the game started. Elite QB, very good team in the Packers playing at home in the snow. 

Titans probably will win the division vs the Texans and in all likelihood, it would be one heck of a revenge match for the Ravens who are playing much better with Lamar passing much better and their O-line most importantly holding better. I think the Ravens wax the Titans in the wild card round as revenge, for Vrabel and his opposition team logo shenanigans and scuffle he had vs Ravens on their home turf. I expect Colts to end up as #6 or #7 seed. 

On 12/14/2020 at 6:05 PM, danlhart87 said:

Colts lose to Steelers and Texans 

Bills beat Dolphins in week 17 which puts us in

1. Chiefs

2. Bills

3. Steelers

4. Titans 

5. Ravens/Browns 

6. Browns/Ravens

7. Colts 

The 5 and 6 seed depends on winner tonight 

Ignore losing to Texans at top but if Browns Colts Ravens and Titans win Week 17 my prediction became 100% accurate

Division Winners:

East - Bills(12-3)

North - Steelers(12-3)

West - Chiefs(14-1)

Winner gets the South:

Colts(10-5) - JAC

Titans(10-5) - @HOU

Other 3 Wild Card Spots:(Potentially non winner of South as well)

Browns(10-5) - PIT

Dolphins(10-5) - @BUF

Ravens(10-5) - @CIN

AFC Records:

Titans - (7-4)

Colts - (6-5)

Dolphins - (7-4)

Browns - (7-5)

Ravens - (6-5)

Strength of Victory/ Strength of Schedule:

Titans - .421/.477

Colts - .418/.452

Browns - .375/.452

Ravens - .429/.536

Raiders - .490/.551

Dolphins - .313/.431

*** will update SOV/SOS after game

Chalking this win up for Buffalo, will change it if it changes, but I dont see it.

Current Standings:

1. Kansas City - (14-1)

2. Buffalo - (12-3)

3. Pittsburgh - (12-3)

4. Tennessee - (10-5)

5. Miami - (10-5)

6. Baltimore - (10-5)

7. Cleveland - (10-5)

Still in the Hunt:

Indianapolis - (10-5)

Will update if Buffalo loses, but don't see it at the moment.

Scenarios:

KC clinched #1 seed and bye

Buffalo has tie breaker over Steelers. Hopefully both teams play it out in week 17 to get the #2 seed and potential HFA if they meet in round 2.

#4 seed:

Colts win and Titans loss and Colts will win division

Titans win clinches division

#5-#7

Dolphins, Browns, Ravens all win they are in.

All 3 win and Colts win and Titans lose, Titans would be eliminated

If all 3 lose and Titans lose Ravens would be eliminated.

If all 3 lose and Colts/Titans win Browns would be eliminated

Colts win coupled with 1 of these teams losing Colts would make playoffs

Im sure there is more, but this is pretty much it

Some tie game scenarios are in effect too.

Colts playoff scenarios:(Colts win)

1. Titans lose = Colts win division and #4 seed

2. Browns lose to Steelers

3. Ravens lose to Bengals

4. Dolphins lose to Bills

Any of these happens Colts are in

https://nfltraderumors.co/week-17-nfl-playoff-clinching-scenarios-3/

Like I said we got real lucky that the Steelers and Bills play at the same time. Both will play hard and go all out for the 2 seed. If either the Browns or Dolphins lose and we win, we are in. 

The Bills have been steam rolling everyone lately, they are up 38-9 over NE tonight. It could happen but I seriously doubt the Dolphins go into Buffalo and win. Browns may not even beat the Steelers, Steelers may have their mojo back after yesterday and want momentum going into the playoffs. So as bad as yesterday was I still think we get in, I would still put it at 75% of getting in.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Like I said we got real lucky that the Steelers and Bills play at the same time. Both will play hard and go all out for the 2 seed. If either the Browns or Dolphins lose and we win, we are in. 

The Bills have been steam rolling everyone lately, they are up 38-9 over NE tonight. It could happen but I seriously doubt the Dolphins go into Buffalo and win. Browns may not even beat the Steelers, Steelers may have their mojo back after yesterday and want momentum going into the playoffs. So as bad as yesterday was I still think we get in, I would still put it at 75% of getting in.

Posters still believe Steelers and Bills should rest which makes me go

That's it I'm out 

The Simpsons Reaction GIF

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Posters still believe Steelers and Bills should rest which makes me go

That's it I'm out 

The Simpsons Reaction GIF

They won't rest and would be dumb to do so, getting the #2 seed insures 2 home playoff games. I have no idea why some think they would rest players. Not happening, also I just read Watson is playing for Houston and some in here thought we would rest as well. 

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree....and I also think Houston beats the Titans and we take the South.

Archived