Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Playoff Picture Record/Schedule/Discussion *Updated* (Merge)

w87r

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Makes you wonder if the weather could make buffalo sit starters.  

I would be more worried about them sitting players, because the risk of catching covid during game against a team that has a little mini outbreak going on.

NVM, Im talking about Steelers.  Which are already sitting players.

Disregard.

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Gotta think Texans will be fired up, with Watts comments.

Then couple thay with added motivation of nkt giving the Dolphins the 3rd pick in the draft. A win would likely drop that pick down to the 7-10 range.

4 hours ago, w87r said:

Gotta think Texans will be fired up, with Watts comments.

Then couple thay with added motivation of nkt giving the Dolphins the 3rd pick in the draft. A win would likely drop that pick down to the 7-10 range.

texans are the best 4 win team in the last couple years.   They are no joke and watson destroyed the titans defense last time they played .  I been saying texans beating the titans is the most likely way colts will enter the playoffs .   knowing the titans need to be them to win the divison the texans will be fired up .   I can see them dropping 35 on the titans bad defense . If the texans can limit henry its over . the titans only throw well because of henry off the play action .   

bengals have been playing amazing too . the most likely games are bengals ravens and texans titans .

1 hour ago, w87r said:

I saw that Watt wont be playing, Hayward wont be playing and Pouncey is sitting out as well.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/31/report-t-j-watt-cam-heyward-maurkice-pouncey-wont-play-sunday/

browns shut down practice all week except today .   they have many loses to covid as well . could be both teams playing a lot of back ups

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

texans are the best 4 win team in the last couple years.   They are no joke and watson destroyed the titans defense last time they played .  I been saying texans beating the titans is the most likely way colts will enter the playoffs .   knowing the titans need to be them to win the divison the texans will be fired up .   I can see them dropping 35 on the titans bad defense . If the texans can limit henry its over . the titans only throw well because of henry off the play action .   

bengals have been playing amazing too . the most likely games are bengals ravens and texans titans .

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

browns shut down practice all week except today .   they have many loses to covid as well . could be both teams playing a lot of back ups

Yeah, I agree.

Titans are definitely beatable and our easiest path to playoffs.

Bills have vest shot to beat the Dolphins to secure berth that way.

Bengals and Steelers could still win those matchups also.

Wish Sunday was tomorrow. This wait is going to be grueling.

20 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah, I agree.

Titans are definitely beatable and our easiest path to playoffs.

Bills have vest shot to beat the Dolphins to secure berth that way.

Bengals and Steelers could still win those matchups also.

Wish Sunday was tomorrow. This wait is going to be grueling.

if bills and steelers had something to play for the colts would be around a 85 percent chance. that is the biggest problem right now.

9 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

if bills and steelers had something to play for the colts would be around a 85 percent chance. that is the biggest problem right now.

Pretty sure Bills will play to win.

Steelers however, I think it made sense to get some rest. They haven't had a week off since week 4 amd even them practiced that week like they had a game. That plus all the schedule shifts had to be tough on them.

I still think they can beat the Browns though, especially with all the Browns expected to miss the game.

I posted this in some thread, maybe here, but it is risky business to just let teams in the playoffs. It can come back to haunt you later.

Hopefully best case scenario is.

We win

Dolphins win

Ravens win

Browns win

Texans win

And Titans miss the playoffs as sweet poetic justice for messing the schedule up so bad early on and getting essentially a slap in the wrist.

6 hours ago, w87r said:

Hopefully best case scenario is.

We win

Dolphins win

Ravens win

Browns win

Texans win

And Titans miss the playoffs as sweet poetic justice for messing the schedule up so bad early on and getting essentially a slap in the wrist.

If all that happened wouldn't colts host miami 

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

If all that happened wouldn't colts host miami 

Yes. And tbh, that's the team I believe everybody wants to face. 

Their defense isn't a joke, but their offense is the least talented out of all of the playoff teams by far IMO. 

19 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s going to be a fun but nerve wracking day. I don’t know where most of you live but I get the Steelers browns at 1. I wish I got the bills though.

Lol I get jets Patriots:lol:... But it doesn't matter I stream all my games anyways. And I'm not watching 1 o'clock games. Too much. I'll be chilling, trying to help my children dig out of their playroom, I'll check in around half-timehaha

Once again the Bills want the 2 seed and will go all out that is per 3 different sites now. I am not going to sit here and type in links when all people have to do is type in Josh Allen lol. When you type in his name you will see it. I doubt he plays 1 series and sits lmao . He wouldn't play at all if that was the case. I haven't seen where anyone is sitting regarding their team.

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm surprised Mahomes isn't playing at all today. He's probably going to be very rusty in the divisional round being off 2 weeks. 

1) There is just as much chance that Mahomes plays lights out in the divisional round.

2) What would be a shame is if he misses the playoff game because he got hurt in a game that means nothing.

1 minute ago, jskinnz said:

1) There is just as much chance that Mahomes plays lights out in the divisional round.

2) What would be a shame is if he misses the playoff game because he got hurt in a game that means nothing.

Chances are very high he will play very well. I've seen what happens too often with Colts when they decide to rest their starters.

Going into the playoffs on a high is exactly what you want to do. 

56 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Chances are very high he will play very well. I've seen what happens too often with Colts when they decide to rest their starters.

Going into the playoffs on a high is exactly what you want to do. 

Yeah, I don’t buy for a second that past Colts playoff issues was solely attributed to resting players.  I think that is made up nonsense

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

Yeah, I don’t buy for a second that past Colts playoff issues was solely attributed to resting players.  I think that is made up nonsense

Getting in at this point is all that matters. Anything can happen once in. Even the great Chiefs can be beaten.

Archived