Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts activate Pittman

w87r

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Fountain waived.

https://nfltraderumors.co/colts-activate-rookie-wr-michael-pittman-jr-from-ir-waive-wr-daurice-fountain/#

Hopefully we can get Fountian back to practice squad and further more hopefully Pittman is ready to comeback and produce.

Ugh to Fountain being waived, I don't think we'll get him back. Very happy Pittman is being activated though!

Good news about Pittman, assuming he truly is healthy enough to go.  I have to admit, though, I am disappointed to hear that Fountain is again waived.  For some reason I was really hoping to see him emerge from his injury and develop into the player we hoped he could be.  

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ugh to Fountain being waived, I don't think we'll get him back. Very happy Pittman is being activated though!

Just now, rockywoj said:

Good news about Pittman, assuming he truly is healthy enough to go.  I have to admit, though, I am disappointed to hear that Fountain is again waived.  For some reason I was really hoping to see him emerge from his injury and develop into the player we hoped he could be.  

I think we will get Fountain back to PS tbh. Not like he came uo and performed well, not that he had much opportunity to.

Just no room for him.

Hilton

Johnson

Pascal

Pittman

Patmon

Dulin

Who do you drop on this list to keep Fountain on main roster?

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I think we will get Fountain back to PS tbh. Not like he came uo and performed well, not that he had much opportunity to.

Just no room for him.

Hilton

Johnson

Pascal

Pittman

Patmon

Dulin

The only one you can drop is dulin, and isn't he an ace on special teams?

28 minutes ago, w87r said:

Just no room for him.

Hilton

Johnson

Pascal

Pittman

Patmon

Dulin

Sadly...the one at the top of the list.  Probably sounds a bit drastic, but...better a bit early than too late.

28 minutes ago, w87r said:

Just no room for him.

Hilton

Johnson

Pascal

Pittman

Patmon

Dulin

Hilton.

16 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Sadly...the one at the top of the list.  Probably sounds a bit drastic, but...better a bit early than too late.

15 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Hilton.

Interesting takes.

I can possibly understand that view point come the end of the season.

But are you guys saying for this week 8 of 2020, that you would rather have Fountain over Hilton?

44 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The only one you can drop is dulin, and isn't he an ace on special teams?

Yeah definitely a key SPT contributor.

26 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Hilton.

That would be a mistake. He’s more worth to us at least requiring safety over the top every now and then than in any trade. Just my two cents.

When Pittman and Campbell are back, his production will go up. 

50 minutes ago, w87r said:

Just no room for him.

Hilton

Johnson

Pascal

Pittman

Patmon

Dulin

No one.  Unfortunately I think the writing is on the wall for Fountain.  Sure put him on the PS if you want but I don't think he has a long term future with us.  Don't forget Johnson was just brought up from the PS himself.  When Campbell comes back who goes?  Let's face it our WR corps is young and unproven with the exception of TY. He is the only reliable proven go to WR we have.   If we win Sunday I wouldn't be surprised if we trade for a veteran WR.  I think it's our weakest position group and if we want to make the playoffs it will be tougher to do with our current group.  

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

This is a joke right?

Actually, @csmopar had half the answer right. The perfect situation was to trade Hilton for a good draft pick, keep Fountain on the 53, and then activate Pittman to the 53 man roster. That would of been perfect to sell Hilton before he declines and get Pittman and Fountain on the 53. After that, when Campbell comes up, he can take the Hilton role over and you have a extra solid draft pick for next year.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Actually, @csmopar had half the answer right. The perfect situation was to trade Hilton for a good draft pick, keep Fountain on the 53, and then activate Pittman to the 53 man roster. That would of been perfect to sell Hilton before he declines and get Pittman and Fountain on the 53. After that, when Campbell comes up, he can take the Hilton role over and you have a extra solid draft pick for next year.

First, define "good draft pick," then explain what team is eager to give up said pick for Hilton. 

Second, we're not 1-5 and out of the running. We're one game out of first place in the division, and two games behind the Steelers. 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

No one.  Unfortunately I think the writing is on the wall for Fountain.  Sure put him on the PS if you want but I don't think he has a long term future with us.  Don't forget Johnson was just brought up from the PS himself.  When Campbell comes back who goes?  Let's face it our WR corps is young and unproven with the exception of TY. He is the only reliable proven go to WR we have.   If we win Sunday I wouldn't be surprised if we trade for a veteran WR.  I think it's our weakest position group and if we want to make the playoffs it will be tougher to do with our current group.  

Personally I am not sure Campbell makes it back this year. It is definitely plausible, but I am not counting on it.

If Johnson gets waived I will be questioning the decision making. He has arguably been the best WR on the team this season in his limited action.

Someone I didn't list before, I never saw if Harris got sent back down.?

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Every team sees what we see with Hilton.  Since he has an expiring contract, his value would only be to a team where he could put them over the top, and I don't think he is that kind of player this year. 

The time for us or any team to make a move with him is at the end of the season, IMO.  

1 minute ago, Superman said:

First, define "good draft pick," then explain what team is eager to give up said pick for Hilton. 

Second, we're not 1-5 and out of the running. We're one game out of first place in the division, and two games behind the Steelers. 

4th rounder and Packers. They are interested in Will Fuller, so Hilton could be just as good for them.

Just now, w87r said:

Personally I am not sure Campbell makes it back this year. It is definitely plausible, but I am not counting on it.

If Johnson gets waived I will be questioning the decision making. He has arguably been the best WR on the team this season in his limited action.

Not sure

Harris to PS during this week.  I figured he'd be retained instead of Fountain, but was wrong.  IMO, Harris will be called up before Fountain will though.  I think Harris just needs more reps on the PS whereas Fountain is kind of a known quantity at this point.

Just now, DougDew said:

Every team sees what we see with Hilton.  Since he has an expiring contract, his value would only be to a team where he could put them over the top, and I don't think he is that kind of player this year. 

The time for us or any team to make a move with him is at the end of the season, IMO.  

I'll tell you what I told Superman. Hilton to the Packers for a 4th rounder. They are interested in Will Fuller, so we could trade them Hilton for a 4th.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

4th rounder and Packers. They are interested in Will Fuller, so Hilton could be just as good for them.

I don't think the Packers are giving up a 4th rounder for a 30 year old WR on an expiring contract. 

And going back to the crux of the matter, there's no reason for the Colts to bail on this season right now. 

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So hypothetically, if Packers offered us a 4th round pick tomorrow, you would accept it?

Will be a late 4th at that.

I mean don't get me wrong, sometimes there can be addition by subtraction(ie; OBJ). Where a QB doesn't feel pressure to target said WR and spreads ball around more. I am not sure I see the same thing with TY though.(only averaging 6 targets a game, which is a team high) l. I think that says more about how well we are already spreading the ball around.

For the record, I wouldn't accept a late 4th for Hilton. Would consider a 3rd, but that would really  exacerbate the lack of veteran leadership in the group.

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'll tell you what I told Superman. Hilton to the Packers for a 4th rounder. They are interested in Will Fuller, so we could trade them Hilton for a 4th.

That's almost throwing away a player that has been a big part of the success we've had over the years, simply because he's underperforming in the first half of this season.  I'm not saying that maybe on a pure business decision level that might be a fair deal, but I think from both a PR and especially locker room impact perspective, that would be a horrible trade.  

Good organizations simply don't do that to good employees.  He's part of the family.  You address it when the contract comes up in a few months.  JMO.

If he was as good as Amari Cooper and you were already thinking about moving on to get younger, sure, get the first rounder.

But to the topic, its good to see Pittman back up.  Especially since it must mean the injury didn't take the serious turn that it could have. as far as we know.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Just no room for him.

Hilton

Johnson

Pascal

Pittman

Patmon

Dulin

No one! Fountain is another Colts practice squad fan favorite, that’s it. He hasn’t done anything to warrant the love fest this forum has for him

Wow, does anyone even look at what Hilton is doing out there?  Didn’t he just catch a TD that was called back?  Isn’t he still being game planned by other teams?

Just because he and Rivers don’t have the chemistry down, doesn’t make your best WR expendable.  Seriously, some comments on this board make me wonder if people are watching the games or just reading the box score.  

So hypothetically, of Packers offered us a 4th round pick tomorrow, you would accept it?

Will be a late 4th at that.

I mean don't get me wrong, sometimes there can be addition by subtraction(ie; OBJ). Where a QB doesn't feel pressure to target said WR and spreads ball around more. I am not sure I see the same thing with TY though.(only averaging 6 targets a game, which is a team high) l. I think that says more about how well we are already spreading the vall around.

For the record, I wouldn't accept a late 4th for Hilton. Would consider a 3rd, but that would really exasperate the lack of veteran leadership in the group.

I would accept it in a heartbeat. Hilton doesn't offer anything anymore without Luck. Great QB with him, average at best without him. Can easily have a good WR core with Pascal, Pittman, Marcus Johnson, Patmon and Parris Campbell in his role when he returns. Harris will be a speed threat until Campbell returns IMO.

To @Superman, @DougDew, and yourself, good GMs trade their players before they decline and lose their worth. Would you rather get nothing for Hilton? I trust Ballard will do something with that pick and Hilton has done well here. However, it's time to replace him now, and we have plenty of young WR's to take his place.

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would accept it in a heartbeat. Hilton doesn't offer anything anymore without Luck. Great QB with him, average at best without him. Can easily have a good WR core with Pascal, Pittman, Marcus Johnson, Patmon and Parris Campbell in his role when he returns. Harris will be a speed threat until Campbell returns IMO.

To @Superman, @DougDew, and yourself, good GMs trade their players before they decline and lose their worth. Would you rather get nothing for Hilton? I trust Ballard will do something with that pick and Hilton has done well here. However, it's time to replace him now, and we have plenty of young WR's to take his place.

Yes, I'll take nothing.  I'd rather maintain the cohesiveness of the locker room and send the message that the Org has your back if you do well for years but are struggling at the moment.  Jettisoning him now for underperformance for virtually nothing....what, another Fountain we could draft with a 4th?...sends the wrong message.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Thanks for answering.

If we let TY walk at the end of year we would probably be in line to receive a comp pick out of him, which would probably be around a 4th round pick. So we wouldn't lose him for nothing.

I'm not going to set here and give TY a pass for his play this season. It has been very underwhelming for sure. A few things play into that. 1. He is receiving most of the defenses attention. 2. Rivers has historically liked tall long arm WRs throughout his career. 3. He definitely seems to lost a little bit.

He needs to be used in the slot, and be moved around more often, IMO.

I think his veteran leadership is needed for this young group for at least the rest of the season though. I can't imagine how tough it would be for our other wrs if TY isn't there taking away the pressure right now.

I did cut TY off my fantasy team this week though.

22 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Wow, does anyone even look at what Hilton is doing out there?  Didn’t he just catch a TD that was called back?  Isn’t he still being game planned by other teams?

Just because he and Rivers don’t have the chemistry down, doesn’t make your best WR expendable.  Seriously, some comments on this board make me wonder if people are watching the games or just reading the box score.  

I couldn't agree more.  We are in a race for the division and only two games behind the Steelers.  And people want us to be sellers and trade Hilton our best WR.  Ridiculous.   

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

I just hope we get Pittaman involved. Dude needs some catches.

4 of his 9 catches have got a 1st down.

Wish I could see how many of those were on 3rd down, I can recall at least 2 of them were.

26 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yes, I'll take nothing.  I'd rather maintain the cohesiveness of the locker room and send the message that the Org has your back if you do well for years but are struggling at the moment.  Jettisoning him now for underperformance for virtually nothing....what, another Fountain we could draft with a 4th?...sends the wrong message.

You guys are making me agree with Doug, that's how dumb this proposition is. 

The question of whether we should move Hilton might be valid. If we were struggling to compete in the division or conference, it would be worth serious consideration. I brought it up earlier this season. 

But getting rid of Hilton, to preserve a spot for Reece Fountain? This shouldn't be a thing. First, Fountain will probably be right back on the PS. Second, he has done nothing to warrant this kind of attention. This move is a footnote, because Fountain is a footnote. 

Meanwhile, Hilton has been a big part of the organization for nine seasons. 

The entire concept is nonsensical. 

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

The question of whether we should move Hilton might be valid. If we were struggling to compete in the division or conference, it would be worth serious consideration. I brought it up earlier this season. 

But getting rid of Hilton, to preserve a spot for Reece Fountain? This shouldn't be a thing. First, Fountain will probably be right back on the PS. Second, he has done nothing to warrant this kind of attention. This move is a footnote, because Fountain is a footnote. 

Meanwhile, Hilton has been a big part of the organization for nine seasons. 

The entire concept is nonsensical. 

The issue, to me, seems that people think Fountain will outperform Hilton. Since Hilton isn't putting up 100 yards a game that he's bad. Fountain is the new Mike Hart.

16 minutes ago, Superman said:

My sentiments exactly.

No offense Doug, but we don't agree on much. Had to give you a couple positive emojis on this topic though.

Archived