Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts activate Pittman

w87r

I think people massively underestimate just how much contending teams with struggling receiving corps(or even teams trying to compete in the arms race for more and more weapons) are willing to pay for receivers with long history of even good production, let alone great production, which Hilton has. The Pats gave up a second for Mohamed freaking Sanu last year. Emmanuel Sanders went for 3d AND 4th!!! Golden Tate went for 3d. 

NONE of those touch TY Hilton's resume. NONE. He's better than all of them. And you want to trade him for scraps because he's had shaky first 5 games of this season. This is insanity. If we are trading him, we will get at least a 2nd or something similar to the Sanders trade with multiple picks. If TY was available there would be multiple contenders lining up to trade for him. 

Oh and for the record, I do think TY is still our best receiver and I do NOT want us to trade him unless we get some immense offer we can't refuse. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, stitches said:

I think people massively underestimate just how much contending teams with struggling receiving corps(or even teams trying to compete in the arms race for more and more weapons) are willing to pay for receivers with long history of even good production, let alone great production, which Hilton has. The Pats gave up a second for Mohamed freaking Sanu last year. Emmanuel Sanders went for 3d AND 4th!!! Golden Tate went for 3d. 

NONE of those touch TY Hilton's resume. NONE. He's better than all of them. And you want to trade him for scraps because he's had shaky first 5 games of this season. This is insanity. If we are trading him, we will get at least a 2nd or something similar to the Sanders trade with multiple picks. If TY was available there would be multiple contenders lining up to trade for him. 

First off I am firmly in the camp of there is no way TY gets traded. 

But on the chance that he is on the market, teams have tape and stats on him. They know how long it has been since he had a 100 yard game. They know the drops of this year. They know the recent injury history. They know that he in the last year of a contract. Teams will not give up a high pick for a guy who looks to be on the decline and is not tied to them after the season.  

Respectfully I believe you’ve dramatically over estimated his worth on the open market. 

4 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

But on the chance that he is on the market, teams have tape and stats on him. They know how long it has been since he had a 100 yard game. They know the drops of this year. They know the recent injury history. They know that he in the last year of a contract. Teams will not give up a high pick for a guy who looks to be on the decline and is not tied to them after the season.  

Respectfully I believe you’ve dramatically over estimated his worth on the open market. 

Like I said before the most Colts would get currently with Hilton decline this year is a 6th if that

7 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

We agree to disagree. 100 yard games is an arbitrary mark that means nothing. He's been healthy this year. This is not his problem this year. He has LONG history of having good hands and very few drops. I can't believe a smart team(and most of the contending ones are smart) would trust funky 2 games(when he had the drops this year) over his career record when evaluating his drops/hands.  Sanders was in his last year of his contract too and was 31... Tate was in last year of his contract too and was 30 at the time of the trade, Sanu wasn't in his last year of the contract but he's the worst player of them all and he was 30 at the time of the trade. 

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

Hilton is one of the only WRs on this team that has gotten interferences  from apposing players. 

The passing game would take a step down and all for the sake of a "4th round pick or so"... 

Not a fan of this. The offense needs all the WRs it can get. If ballard wants a 4th he will find a way to do that without letting go our best WR on the roster regardless of the catches. 

Not 1 WR is lighting it up. Let's not pretend Hilton doesn't hold value because Rivers throws to the RB or TE 90% of the time. 

Totally agree. TY is valuable to this team in multidimensional ways. I suspect his production will amp up beginning today. 

I don't think you will or should see the Colts dump the #4 receiver in team history for a fourth-round, sixth-round or similar pick. Also, with a shortage of offensive weapons and receivers this season, this seems like a really counterproductive move. The Colts need TY now and could need him even more if other injuries happen.  

Archived