Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl picks

LJpalmbeacher2

With the season a bit shy of half way I'd like to share my SB picks and see what my Forum friends pick.

From the AFC I think KC & Pitt. are the only true contenders. Yes Baltimore & Tennessee are solid teams but i doubt they make it. 

Steelers have been waiting for Pat's to decline and this is their year to not lay down and give the Rooney's and Rothlisburger a SB before he rides into the sunset.

From the NFC there's Brady, Seattle,  and Roger's. 

Brady's been waiting for years to show that it was him and not Belichek behind the dynasty. Actually it wasn't brady but rigging, but the narrative we will be told by the media is brady.

So I predict a Steeler vs Brady SUPER BOWL!!! 

The Football Gods would love that matchup. Along with the league, advertisers, networks, and media.:D

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

With the season a bit shy of half way I'd like to share my SB picks and see what my Forum friends pick.

From the AFC I think KC & Pitt. are the only true contenders. Yes Baltimore & Tennessee are solid teams but i doubt they make it. 

Steelers have been waiting for Pat's to decline and this is their year to not lay down and give the Rooney's and Rothlisburger a SB before he rides into the sunset.

Brady's been waiting for years to show that it was him and not Belichek behind the dynasty. Actually it wasn't brady but rigging, but the narrative we will be told by the media is brady.

The Football Gods would love that matchup. Along with the league, advertisers, networks, and media.:D

Brady will have to end the streak of home teams playing in SB no teams ever done that 

Ravens, think Jackson gets in done in playoffs, KC will be right there, Colts wont be a tough playoff out by any means either, Buffalo a year away imo.

Bears their D gives everyone problems, Robinson having another very good year at WR (Maybe top WR no one really talks about much) already beat the Bucs and their schedule is easy down the stretch also which will allow a fresh roster into the playoffs.  Seattle has looked impressive and a lot of depth, Tampa wont go down easy and Drew looking to cap career in N.O. with one last run.

33 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

I think it’s funny because there is usually one surprise team so:

Titans v Bears

Titans win 14-10

Supposedly, the winner of two undefeated AFC teams with 5 or more wins typically makes the SB. So whoever wins the Steelers-Titans game makes the SB?? I remember in 2007, the Colts and Patriots were undefeated and the Patriots came to the RCA dome and beat the Colts 24-20 and both of them were at least 7-0 if I remember right.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-titans-to-make-history-when-the-afcs-last-two-undefeated-teams-face-off/

It's early to predict the Super Bowl, but the Steelers look like they're headed to the playoffs. The Chiefs probably will make it, also. 

If both teams make it that far, I would like to see a Tampa-Chicago playoff, with Brady once again losing to Nick Foles. :D

On 10/23/2020 at 2:51 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

So much gold in this post. LOL. I like the Steelers too. They are the most complete team in the AFC assuming Ben's elbow holds up. BTW, how do they keep finding great receivers in the draft?

I like the Bucs too assuming they can stay healthy. I agree Brady is on a mission and I don't think either GB or Seattle will be a match for them although the way Wilson is playing, who knows. He has been unbelievable. I can see why he wanted Brown so badly. That would have really giving him a full arsenal. Not that he needs it.

I think we are already seeing the dynasty was more Brady than Bill. It is always the transcendent player in my opinion, not the coach in any sport. The Patriot Way was really the Brady Way as you can already see the culture in Tampa transforming while New England has had turnovers in all of its games and is the 25th scoring offense. Edleman has only 3 catches per game in the last 3 games which is maybe most surprising even though he has been banged up.  Cam is just not a QB that will be patient and take what the defense gives him. Bill may be turning back into Cleveland Bill before season's end. LOL.

My heart said Chiefs vs Seahawks. Now my mind says Chiefs vs Bucs. Chiefs are a well rounded team and the Bucs are the most balanced team in the NFC right now, the Bears are a close second to me if Foles and that offense shows more on Monday Night. 

Without pass rush, the Seahawks and the Cardinals are going to have a hard time, IMO. Rams - Goff is mentally weak and can easily be flustered, he has shown that time and time again. 

Chiefs vs Steelers - AFCCG with the Ravens, Titans and Colts a tough out, IMO.

Bucs vs Seahawks - NFCCG with the Bears and Cardinals being a tough out, IMO.

8 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Long way to go, and more season-changing injuries are bound to happen, but right now I'd lean Steelers-Seahawks, with the Steelers winning it.  They're solid all the way around.

I think you are overestimating the Seahawks and underestimating the Chiefs' physical nature they have showed against good teams too where they can run the ball well enough. That is why they added Le'Veon Bell, he will come in handy when they have a good tandem come playoff time. Mahomes will still make plays but they are putting a lot of good pieces around him. 

AFCCG will be Chiefs vs Steelers, that part I will agree.

Seahawks - their lack of pass rush, they just cannot get too far with that. Bucs are more balanced, IMO, and will make just enough plays to win a close game with Brady at the helm, IMO.

On 10/26/2020 at 9:15 AM, chad72 said:

I think you are overestimating the Seahawks and underestimating the Chiefs' physical nature they have showed against good teams too where they can run the ball well enough. That is why they added Le'Veon Bell, he will come in handy when they have a good tandem come playoff time. Mahomes will still make plays but they are putting a lot of good pieces around him. 

AFCCG will be Chiefs vs Steelers, that part I will agree.

Seahawks - their lack of pass rush, they just cannot get too far with that. Bucs are more balanced, IMO, and will make just enough plays to win a close game with Brady at the helm, IMO.

You might be right.  I'm just throwin darts.  My Magic 8-Ball is in the shop.

Archived