Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Patriots (2005) on ESPN tonight

ColtsSouljah

This was the game with Marv's one hand stab and grab catch in the endzone followed by the spike right?  I swear I remember they had that catch in the Star with Marv fully extended just getting a fingertip on it, both feet off the ground...  And, somehow, not only would he make the grab; he'd get both feet down inbounds too.  That picture showed just how amazing Marv's hands and body control were.

19 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

This was the game with Marv's one hand stab and grab catch in the endzone followed by the spike right?  I swear I remember they had that catch in the Star with Marv fully extended just getting a fingertip on it, both feet off the ground...  And, somehow, not only would he make the grab; he'd get both feet down inbounds too.  That picture showed just how amazing Marv's hands and body control were.

Yes, that's the one!

Those Manning era Colts from 2005 through 2009 were no one to mess with.  I think we largely owned New England during our hey day stretch.  I’m loving the emotion the Colts played with in that 2005 win in Foxboro.  Wish those Luck era Colts had some of that when they faced the Pats. 

In that 5 year stretch from 2005-2009 we owned Belichick 5-1, no other team in his 20 seasons with the Pats can say that. The Broncos and Giants have had some success against him as well but in that 5 year stretch they couldn't handle us. The Patriots undefeated team in 2007 even barely beat us 24-20 and took a miracle comeback.

8 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

That is one of the top 10 catches NFL all time in my books. Starvin Marvin also has another in the top 10....at Tennessee. 

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

That is one of the top 10 catches NFL all time in my books. Starvin Marvin also has another in the top 10....at Tennessee. 

I agree 100%. Those 2 catches are both top 10.  I was at that Tennessee game.  That grab was so sick that I didn’t even need replay to confirm how ridiculous a grab it was...  Immediately leapt out the seat & jaw hit the floor at the same time.  

Marv made it look so effortless & run of the mill that there wasn’t any doubt that he caught it.  Just a question of how?  I think the Titans even tried to show the replay thinking it may have hit the ground.  They quickly took that bad boy down.  It was that flawless. 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we demolished them in Foxboro. Not too many teams did that to them.

My wife and I were at that game. Took the train from Boston to Foxboro. You could hear a pin drop on the train, after the game. If I remember correctly, Brady had 4 Ints that game. 
   Is the game getting replayed?

Archived