Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lions have spoken to multiple teams about CB Darius Slay.

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Slay even responded to Kenny. Kenny trying to recruit him. Ballard’s isn’t going to give up a high draft pick for him. Wonder what we would have to give up.

Oh My!  Could they know it's going down?   Pro Football Rumors mentioned the Colts as a potential destination along with the Broncos and Eagles. 

12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Wilson could be part of a trade.  Or could Ballard be willing to trade Hooker?  Odum could take his spot.  

Not sure giving up a 24 yo for a 29 yo would be wise. Hooker has had a hard time developing when he keeps getting injured. I think they have to decide on whether to give him his fifth year option by May.

23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Not sure giving up a 24 yo for a 29 yo would be wise. Hooker has had a hard time developing when he keeps getting injured. I think they have to decide on whether to give him his fifth year option by May.

He hasn't really paned out.  I think he had injury issues in college too.  Not all 1st rd picks have their option picked up.  If we could get Slay it might be worth it to let the Lions take the risk.  

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He hasn't really paned out.  I think he had injury issues in college too.  Not all 1st rd picks have their option picked up.  If we could get Slay it might be worth it to let the Lions take the risk.  

I think we played better defense when hooker was injured and Odum played. Just not sure if it’s wise to give up yet. I could see them not picking up his option and making him really earn it this season.