Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Draft- Giving the People what they want- Jordan Love

Good mock.  I think if we want the QB, we have to pick him at 13.  Cant wait to trade back up into the 1st or wait for 34.

I like the rest.  Solves the DT issue, the TE issue, and probably the WR issue.  

Although since I'm told the WR we have get enough separation enough of the time, adding more WRs wouldn't seem to help Love much.  He should play with the good receivers we have now and we can draft more defense instead.

I realize there's a segment of the Colts fanbase and the general media who've fallen hard for Jordan Love but he wasn't even the best QB in the state of Utah. By potential or metrics or eyeball test. Not even close. Ballard knows that, bet on it.

Burrow's going to be gone, and if a deal can't be made for Tua, don't be surprised to see a 3rd or 4th round QB come in to learn behind Brissett like Mahomes did behind Alex Smith. Depending on how it all falls, I'd expect the Colts to go pass rush and/or wideout in round 1, and 2.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

I realize there's a segment of the Colts fanbase and the general media who've fallen hard for Jordan Love but he wasn't even the best QB in the state of Utah. By potential or metrics or eyeball test. Not even close. Ballard knows that, bet on it.

Burrow's going to be gone, and if a deal can't be made for Tua, don't be surprised to see a 3rd or 4th round QB come in to learn behind Brissett like Mahomes did behind Alex Smith. Depending on how it all falls, I'd expect the Colts to go pass rush and/or wideout in round 1, and 2.

By all means, tell the WHOLE story on him, this year, and why he wasn't the best QB. And while you're at it, explain why he was the best QB in Utah last year. His story is bigger than just this 2019. Love will still go, at a minimum, 2 rounds higher than Huntley will.. 

1 hour ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I’m a huge Gordon fan myself. I’ve done numerous mocks and love getting him with 44. I am able to get some amazing talent at our first 2 picks. I also really still believe in Brissett. I did the Jordan Love mock because apparently that is what everyone wants. It’s gonna be a long 3 months. Lol. 

It really is.

It's also super interesting because there ARE so many different ways we can go at the most important position in football. We haven't been in this situation in a very very long time. Some, like myself, became fans after we had already drafted Peyton, so this is the first "real" franchise QB search, since Luck/RG3 was more of a media argument than an actual contest.

I'm very excited for the draft season.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

By all means, tell the WHOLE story on him, this year, and why he wasn't the best QB. And while you're at it, explain why he was the best QB in Utah last year. His story is bigger than just this 2019. Love will still go, at a minimum, 2 rounds higher than Huntley will.. 

Sure he will, that was not the point. He has the NFL 'body' and a stronger arm going for him.

Huntley is 6'1 and maybe 200lbs. Doesn't mean Huntley isn't better at everything else you'd ever want from a QB. Pocket presence/movement, deep passing accuracy, field vision, reading defenses, moving secondary with his eyes, etc. Name it and Huntley's better. Oh, and only one of them was in the conversation for Heisman.

Basically, if you're going for stereotypes, you pick Love over Huntley.  Look at the QBs picked over Aaron Rodgers. Look at who went ahead of Mahomes. So even if Love goes #1 to Cincy and Huntley goes in the 6th round to Pittsburgh. If given equal shots at the cherry, I know who I'd bet on to be the better player.

Subjective of course but I really value accuracy.

8 hours ago, lennymoore24 said:

I have no idea why some of you think we want Jordan Love.  So we want a turn over machine because you think he could be like Mahomes?  A more mobile Jameis Winston?  No thanks.   I would advocate for Fromm or Gordon any day over Love.

That's what I don't get.... they lament Brissett's shortcomings in his inability to read defenses and work thru his progressions.... and at the same time, pine after a prospect who according to many analysts has the same holes in his game?

And to the tune of a #13 overall selection??

fester.thumb.png.d9d72c72340e8e6a1a0f40dc7223f0e1.png

• Like 2

On 1/11/2020 at 1:46 AM, lennymoore24 said:

I have no idea why some of you think we want Jordan Love.  So we want a turn over machine because you think he could be like Mahomes?  A more mobile Jameis Winston?  No thanks.   I would advocate for Fromm or Gordon any day over Love.

Start watching tape and stop stat line watching. It’s lazy and inaccurate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

Eason and Fromm SHOULD BE 3rd rounders at best, but both may go in the second. A good later round project QB will be Patterson from Michigan. Hurts from OU looks like a great 4th round project..

Hurts will probably go undrafted or at the earliest a late day 3 pick. In my opinion he wouldn't even be at the bottom of my list. The LJ-type QB's are something I'm not interested in nor do I believe is sustainable and Hurts is a lesser version of him. 

Patterson I'd be interested in later on. I think the talent is there and is workable. 

On 1/11/2020 at 1:46 AM, lennymoore24 said:

1 word.

Quarterback.

Teams will give up an arm and a leg for anything remotely resembling a franchise QB. If he has a remotely good combine, he'll be a day 1 pick, possibly top 10 or top 5.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 7:06 AM, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I’m a huge Gordon fan myself. I’ve done numerous mocks and love getting him with 44. I am able to get some amazing talent at our first 2 picks. I also really still believe in Brissett. I did the Jordan Love mock because apparently that is what everyone wants. It’s gonna be a long 3 months. Lol. 

I don’t believe in Brissett and I’m not in the Love train yet.  Watching some tape he looks similar to Mahomes in college but, I think you can get him in the second after picking up some talent.  I am on the we need a QB train though.... badly because Jacoby is turrible 

1 minute ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

I don’t believe in Brissett and I’m not in the Love train yet.  Watching some tape he looks similar to Mahomes in college but, I think you can get him in the second after picking up some talent.  I am on the we need a QB train though.... badly because Jacoby is turrible 

Im on the get a QB you can develop train. I truly believe that an offseason of work,  development and knowing he is the guy. Also competitor never hurt anyone. JB could be a top 15 QB. So I believe we draft a second rounder.

If I’m right then down the line you flip the young QB like the Patriots seem to always do for assists.  If I’m wrong, you are at least already developing a young QB you like. 

8 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Im on the get a QB you can develop train. I truly believe that an offseason of work,  development and knowing he is the guy. Also competitor never hurt anyone. JB could be a top 15 QB. So I believe we draft a second rounder.

If I’m right then down the line you flip the young QB like the Patriots seem to always do for assists.  If I’m wrong, you are at least already developing a young QB you like. 

I’ve seen enough of Jacoby.  He has no touch, misses wide open receivers, when they are wide open he over throws them and he hesitates and doesnt trust his gut and throw when he should. 

There's a reason why the Pats traded JB, and it wasn't for a soon to be released WR. He's a decent back up but as a started he's a 7-9 QB. Either we take a future QB in this draft or go an get a Andy Dalton try to bridge the gap until a good one falls to us or we can develop one..

• Like 1

So it seems that this is the way that every mock is going right now.  I still depends on the Senior Bowl, Combine and pro days.  Everyone seems to link Ballard with Love.  So I did an updated mock draft for after the Divisional round.

13 Jordan Love, QB Utah State

34 Neville Gallimore, IDL Oklahoma

44 Prince Tega Wanogho, OT Auburn

75 Jared Pinkney, TE Vanderbilt

112 Chase Claypool, WR Notre Dame

142 Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR Liberty

173 Alex Highsmith, EDGE Charlotte

190 Reggie Floyd, S Virginia Tech

204 A.J. Dillon, RB Boston College

55 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

So it seems that this is the way that every mock is going right now.  I still depends on the Senior Bowl, Combine and pro days.  Everyone seems to link Ballard with Love.  So I did an updated mock draft for after the Divisional round.

34 Neville Gallimore, IDL Oklahoma

44 Prince Tega Wanogho, OT Auburn

75 Jared Pinkney, TE Vanderbilt

112 Chase Claypool, WR Notre Dame

142 Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR Liberty

173 Alex Highsmith, EDGE Charlotte

190 Reggie Floyd, S Virginia Tech

204 A.J. Dillon, RB Boston College

I just did one myself, and came up with something very similar in terms of positions hit.

34 Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame

44 Brandon Aiyuk, WR Arizona State

75 Ross Blacklock, IDL TCU

112 Cole Van Lanen, OT Wisconsin

142 Tyler Clark, IDL Georgia

173 A.J. Dillon, RB Boston College

190 Jauan Jennings, WR Tennessee

204 Myles Dorn, S North Carolina