Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This is the type of game the Colts needed to experience

PeterBowman

After cooling off and looking back, I feel this game will help the team going forward. They needed to lose a game like this. They've walked on the edge plenty this year but we're able to get away with it. Especially with the tendency to play down to their competition. 

Does it suck to lose? Especially when you pretty much gave the game away..... absolutely it does. But it's still a very young team overall. 

I see this making them better the second half of the season. We'll just have to see how they respond next week.

3 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

After cooling off and looking back, I feel this game will help the team going forward. They needed to lose a game like this. They've walked on the edge plenty this year but we're able to get away with it. Especially with the tendency to play down to their competition. 

Does it suck to lose? Especially when you pretty much gave the game away..... absolutely it does. But it's still a very young team overall. 

I see this making them better the second half of the season. We'll just have to see how they respond next week.

I disagree with the theory that they play down to their competition.  This is not an elite team.  They r good to average. Nothing wrong with that as they r young and still need a couple of drafts, a  sprinkling of free agents and a starting qb.  I hope the future is bright.

7 minutes ago, Crush22 said:

Never is a loss is what you WANT to experience.

It's a freaking loss.

You learn in practice. Not during a game.

Losses are coaching moments.  If the coaches are on the ball, they use the ego-sting of a defeat as a teaching tool to get players to buy in more completely to the strategy. 

OP is right, we've been skating in a mix of good fortune and timely execution for awhile, but we don't have the talent to do that in the playoffs.  We need to get back to the fundamentals and stop beating ourselves like we did tonight and nearly did last week.

30 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Losses are coaching moments.  If the coaches are on the ball, they use the ego-sting of a defeat as a teaching tool to get players to buy in more completely to the strategy. 

OP is right, we've been skating in a mix of good fortune and timely execution for awhile, but we don't have the talent to do that in the playoffs.  We need to get back to the fundamentals and stop beating ourselves like we did tonight and nearly did last week.

I will never say a loss is what we needed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

We clearly beat ourselves today.  Even with JB and TY out we should have won. We just gifted them too many points and missed on our opportunities.  We didn't execute well nor did we play disciplined.  It really cost us today.  

I'm sorry but i've been reading a lot of posts since today's loss saying that The Colts had this guy and this guy out and how would would be different if they were in there , but c'mon people, the Steelers also had people out too Connors, one of their best running backs was out for them off the top of my mind.  Oh yeah. And not to mention some guy named Roethlisberger. This cannot be used as an excuse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Type of game the Colts needed? Maybe

Type of game Colts fans needed?

kanye west no GIF

10 minutes ago, Wyldhorsefan said:

I'm sorry but i've been reading a lot of posts since today's loss saying that The Colts had this guy and this guy out and how would would be different if they were in there , but c'mon people, the Steelers also had people out too Connors, one of their best running backs was out for them off the top of my mind.  Oh yeah. And not to mention some guy named Roethlisberger. This cannot be used as an excuse.

In the spirit of not making excuses, the Steelers also suck. We lost to a sucky team.

Wonder what that makes us

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wyldhorsefan said:

I said we should have won even with TY and JB out.  Not making excuses for their absence.

11 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

If the coach needs a loss to motivate, he's not a good coach.  The games against Denver and the Raiders should have provided what was needed.  

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

The thing is... win or lose... most of our games have seemed to look like this one today.

The main difference is our OL seems to be leaky a bit now and penalties are mounting, something we cannot afford for the above average team that we are with injuries. Our margins for error have always been thin and when these things happen where we shoot ourselves in the foot more, that margin goes away, IMO. 

For all the mistakes Hoyer made, he still put us in position to win it. Much like, Peyton did vs San Diego, after throwing 6 INTs, put us in position to win and AV missed in 2007 too, with the final score 24-26 vs Chargers at SD.

Simply, this is the kind of loss a fan doesn't need! I believe there is no such thing as a so called good loss. The colts have won enough close games this year that they shouldn't need any kind of wake up call. They play to their competition and that is more of a coaching issue. One of the biggest complaints about Tomlin of the steelers, is that they seem always to play to their competition. Now we seem to do the same. Not saying that Reich is another Tomlin, but he is new and still learning as he goes. Hopefully this gets corrected. 

12 hours ago, Wyldhorsefan said:

I'm sorry but a lot of fans here also think that Jacoby isnt a starter. So you go from a back up to a third string QB. I'm not making excuses. Overall I thought it was a positive game considering how many guys we had out like Kelly, Hilton, Jacoby, then throw in the horrible play calling and refs are always bad, and still managed to go down and had a chance to win it with AV who of course has lost us 2 games. Colts should be 8-1. This is AVs last year. I dont give 2 %s if laces are in, out, backwards. That was a chip shot field goal that he missed and hes Been missing the chip shots. 

The only reason AV is here right now is because Irsay talked him back. Ballard would have moved on. When hes ready to kick do you feel confident, I sure as hell dont. It was a damn chip shot that you kicked to mid field. 

I think it's safe to say if Andrew unretired irsay would force Ballard to start him. Regardless of principles. 

48 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I'm sorry but a lot of fans here also think that Jacoby isnt a starter. So you go from a back up to a third string QB. I'm not making excuses. Overall I thought it was a positive game considering how many guys we had out like Kelly, Hilton, Jacoby, then throw in the horrible play calling and refs are always bad, and still managed to go down and had a chance to win it with AV who of course has lost us 2 games. Colts should be 8-1. This is AVs last year. I dont give 2 %s if laces are in, out, backwards. That was a chip shot field goal that he missed and hes Been missing the chip shots. 

The only reason AV is here right now is because Irsay talked him back. Ballard would have moved on. When hes ready to kick do you feel confident, I sure as hell dont. It was a damn chip shot that you kicked to mid field. 

I think it's safe to say if Andrew unretired irsay would force Ballard to start him. Regardless of principles. 

I would hope Andrew would start if he unretired every fan here should want that in that scenario.

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I would hope Andrew would start if he unretired every fan here should want that in that scenario.

Every fan has different wants. A fan shouldn't want what you think they should. 

Andrew quit on this team. I dint care what reason was used to do it. It's that simple. You can have him back and bow down to his greatness if you want. But if you quit once it's only a matter of time before you do it again. 

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

Some people here think that Jacoby Brissett is not a top 32 QB in the league??

16 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Every fan has different wants. A fan shouldn't want what you think they should. 

Andrew quit on this team. I dint care what reason was used to do it. It's that simple. You can have him back and bow down to his greatness if you want. But if you quit once it's only a matter of time before you do it again. 

it's not about bowing lol its about what's best for the team at that moment. the whole planet knows JB wouldn't start over Luck.