Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Out Sunday could miss next 3 games

runthepost

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Nah it’d be more fun to see them eat crow IF we survive this loss. But first, we have to figure out how to win without TY. They’ve not ever done that so I can see the cause for concern. 

Here's to hoping to see the first play action pass deep route to Campbell or Cain!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

We are going to see a lot of different things we have not seen yet. Get ready. Hopefully it will be fun. Ebron stepped up last year with the lack of WR. He will get more touches now and it’s time for him to show what he did last year. Campbell and Hines will get more touches. We just might catch the Steelers off guard. We have speed we just need to use it.

I hope.  I think we will see a lot of what we've been seeing, run the damn ball!  And that's not a bad thing.... Steelers are pretty beat up too...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Here's to hoping to see the first play action pass deep route to Campbell or Cain!

Lol. That really would catch the Steelers off guard.  Send them both deep at the same time.

Anyone know how good their secondary is? They won’t feel the need to double team anyone. Hopefully they play a lot of man because I think we can beat them. Especially Ebron. Hines needs to play i the slot more.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

If you look closely at the numbers along with watching the reads, He's typically going to the 1st read, and sometimes 2nd, which both are typically TY and TE. He was a little better vs bad passing Ds (Houston, ATL, Oakland).

Well then he has diverse first and second reads. I'm not disagreeing with you that sometimes he doesn't look beyond that, but the fact is that this year he has completed passes to at least 8 different receivers every game. That doesn't necessarily mean that he is great at going through his reads — I attribute that more to us using very diverse packages and rotations — but it does mean that he doesn't rely on one receiver every game

12 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

If its weed that's his issue, living in a legal state certainly will be an interesting litmus test.... I doubt it's that tho

Even if it's legalized in that state, it's still disallowed for NFL players to use it according to NFL rules

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Lol. That really would catch the Steelers off guard.  Send them both deep at the same time.

Anyone know how good their secondary is? They won’t feel the need to double team anyone. Hopefully they play a lot of man because I think we can beat them. Especially Ebron. Hines needs to play i the slot more.

The receivers couldn’t even beat man coverage against the raiders I doubt they make any noise this game 

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t expect him back for the Texans. It’s a short week.  The 3-4 week injury is probably optimistic. The good news is we will most likely get DF back for the jags.  

The big key is will we finally see Campbell and Cain take ad advantage of this opportunity. Will Ebron step up. His snaps are going to go up.

I agree if we beat the Steelers we will be fine. 

This is going to force JB to stop looking first at TY when other guys are wide open and there are 3 guys near TY. I believe Pascal is going to be that #1 read now with PC being #2 for the WR spot and Doyle/EE for the TE looks.

I hope they tell TY to stay home so JB doesn’t look for him on the sidelines lol 

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

If you look closely at the numbers along with watching the reads, He's typically going to the 1st read, and sometimes 2nd, which both are typically TY and TE. He was a little better vs bad passing Ds (Houston, ATL, Oakland).

Exactly. I’d love to see the. NUmbers for his 3-4th read attempts. He holds it long enough sometimes, he should get through progressions twice fully. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It depends on how bad the injury is. ESPN just said maybe 3 weeks so it will be close to when we play the Texans.

When is the last injury update that this team has given that had them show back up earlier than thought? Heck, DF isn’t even practicing yet even though he was eligible to do so for two weeks now. When will he return? Can’t just activate him on Friday and start him on Sunday with no practice reps. 

the team will be fine though. We should eclipse Pitt and Miami. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

This is going to force JB to stop looking first at TY when other guys are wide open and there are 3 guys near TY. I believe Pascal is going to be that #1 read now with PC being #2 for the WR spot and Doyle/EE for the TE looks.

I hope they tell TY to stay home so JB doesn’t look for him on the sidelines lol 

Exactly. I’d love to see the. NUmbers for his 3-4th read attempts. He holds it long enough sometimes, he should get through progressions twice fully. 

When is the last injury update that this team has given that had them show back up earlier than thought? Heck, DF isn’t even practicing yet even though he was eligible to do so for two weeks now. When will he return? Can’t just activate him on Friday and start him on Sunday with no practice reps. 

the team will be fine though. We should eclipse Pitt and Miami. 

Since DF can’t play until NOV 17 there is really no reason to rush him back to practice. Because it was a shoulder he has probably been able to stay in shape.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You don’t know what he will bring. He played one game. He is a huge target and using him on those slant routes in the slot will be big.

Look at his career numbers he isn’t special he’s about an average number 2 receiver. He’s pretty much the Eric Ebron of recievers but not as explosive

2 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

Well then he has diverse first and second reads. I'm not disagreeing with you that sometimes he doesn't look beyond that, but the fact is that this year he has completed passes to at least 8 different receivers every game. That doesn't necessarily mean that he is great at going through his reads — I attribute that more to us using very diverse packages and rotations — but it does mean that he doesn't rely on one receiver every game

It's primarily packages and rotations IMO. And TE and RB are check down dump offs a lot.

Take a good look at his passing charts (free via Nextgen), and some things are very obvious. One of the biggest things, is lack of attempts (to anyone) up the seam. He might be hitting Doyle all over the place, but won't touch him when he's open in the seam. Rogers runs a lot in the seams (superman provided a screen shot of one) while another WR crosses and he's frankly invisible it seems (pardon the pun). He's struggled big time with that ever since college. That, along with getting stuck on progressions (and to locked into pre-snap plan), and struggles with deep throws (especially to the sideline) is well documented. Take a read of his NFL combine profile. 95% of the stuff you see discussed here is laid out there too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

It could be Reich and Ballard feel good about our guys and also hopefully maybe means TY might be back in the shorter end of the 3-4 week period .Then again could mean Gordon not worth the headaches 

Going to bet on the later. 

Carroll is used to gambling. He's just not as good as BB at it. 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

SF paid a 3 and 4 to get back Sanders and a 5.    You call THAT a no-brainer?  Seriously?    For Chris Ballard?  

I think that was an easy “no thanks” for CB. 

They got back a 5th...which won’t be very far behind the 4th they gave up. So basically a late 3rd round pick for Sanders. Yep...I would have been all over that. Sanders is a Pro Bowl WR...and would have fit the offense nicely. 

The anti-trading draft picks thing on this site is weird to me, NCF...it just is. I am fine with not having the next Basham or Okereke if it gets me an impact player in a year that my team can make some noise. And it’s not like Sanders couldn’t have been extended for a couple years. Savvy route runners have good longevity. 

Just a matter of opinion I guess. Ballard has shown a propensity to trade back so I am less hesitant about giving up picks.

• Like 2