Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ty to play

csmopar

Not sure how I feel about him playing. I was hoping they would rest him... Colts have little to no chance of winning tonight... I would hate to see Ty hurt himself more seriously by rushing to return to a game in which the Colts are going to get destroyed in anyways. I was hoping Ty would play after the bye week so he could heal up more. 

• Like 1

There are people in the stands who pay a lot of money to watch these guys play. If you are healthy, you should play and put on the best show you can, for them. 

You also never count a game as a loss beforehand. Every game is winnable. And every loss isnt a setback.

We need to play well tonight, win or lose. Losing the game 31-28 is a much different lesson than losing it 45-3. So you put your best team on the field and go for it.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, AlanNC said:

If it will help TY to set two weeks to get healthy then do it.  It is not worth risking TY making his injury worst.  We will need him after the bye more than one game today.  

Who said he can make it worse. If there was any risk of that he probably wouldn’t play. If he aggravates it tonight he has two weeks to fix it. 

4 hours ago, Four2itus said:

I believe he is being paid to play football. If he is ready to go, why on earth would he sit?

"You play....to win the game".

Agreed, if they are really in good physical shape to perform. (Not impaired by injury).

1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

I agree with Chloe. I can't think they'd let TY out there if there was any serious risk of reinjuring himself.

Apparently, he is at least close enough to be cleared to go.  Waiting 2 more weeks might be too conservative and unnecessary in that case.  This is typical stance on quad injuries.

"The goal is to restore normal range of motion, strength, and function. Return-to-play decisions should be individualized and based on multiple factors, including the athlete's degree of injury and level of activity.

Return to play may be advised after a patient achieves range of motion symmetrical with that on the contralateral side, isokinetic quadriceps strength within 15% of that on the contralateral side, and completion of a functional training program.18 The athlete should be observed while sprinting straight forward and while changing direction (eg, figure-of-eight) without pain or limitation. In addition, the athlete’s playing position and the time of season (ie, preseason vs play-offs) may be considered in individual return-to-play decisions."

I do hope that he can go the whole game tonight.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

I also have mixed feelings, but if TY were willing to sit on the sidelines when the team was trying to fight uphill, I'd probably think less of him

TY has taken it on himself to be a major leader of this team over the past few years.  He showed us how tough he is last year.... I really hope he doesn't aggravate his quad, but I don't think he'd be going out there if there was considerable chance of that happening..  

I think TY is, at least in part, playing today to show the younger guys on the team that he's got grit and they can count on him to help lead this team. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Four2itus said:

I believe he is being paid to play football. If he is ready to go, why on earth would he sit?

"You play....to win the game".

Not really.  You play to have the best possible outcome each season.  Last year we showed should have gone foe a tie in one game.

There are degrees of ready to go.  For example, how many times have you heard, If it was a play off game he would have played?  The answer is a lot.

I expect to see him doubled a bunch like last year. We have many more weapons/targets this year, but I'd bet KC is banking on JB's over dependence on TY and his struggles in read progressions. 

If he's playing, and is doubled a lot, I hope Reich uses him as a decoy and runs plays that have 1st reads that aren't to TY.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nickster said:

Not really.  You play to have the best possible outcome each season.  Last year we showed should have gone foe a tie in one game.

The players disagree with you.

There are degrees of ready to go.  For example, how many times have you heard, If it was a play off game he would have played?  The answer is a lot.

Then the conclusion is TY is hurt fairly badly, but the Colts are treating this like a playoff game, or TY's quad isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is.