Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Two UndefeatedTeams In The Super Bowl?

King Colt

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

NE looks like they could skate through their schedule undefeated if they beat KC on Dec 08. Or maybe KC gets it done.  The Cowboys are the team to beat in the NFC. So could we see the game of the undefeateds in the SB?

No,  neither has played a good team yet.   The bills are 3-0

I do not think anyone will go undefeated again and win the SB like the 72 Phins did. Pats had a chance in 2007 and we had a chance in 2009, both teams failed. We quit on it in 2009 unfortunately. Pats will lose at least 1 or 2 games this year and Dallas won't come close to going undefeated. They will potentially lose 4 or 5 games IMO. KC will lose a couple as well.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do not think anyone will go undefeated again and win the SB like the 72 Phins did. Pats had a chance in 2007 and we had a chance in 2009, both teams failed. We quit on it in 2009 unfortunately. Pats will lose at least 1 or 2 games this year and Dallas won't come close to going undefeated. They will potentially lose 4 or 5 games IMO. KC will lose a couple as well.

I wonder if the Colts FO learned their lesson from that mistake?

Patriots play at Ravens and host both the Cowboys and the Chiefs later in the year 2 weeks apart. Those will be the toughest games for the Patriots and I expect them to go 15-1 or 14-2 at worst. Ravens will be a tough game on the road where the Ravens will be coming off a bye week while the Patriots will be going into the bye week following that game.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

When a team is capable of going 16-0 it does not matter who they play. That is what is meant by being capable of beating everyone. They don't make the schedule.

Well,  the Patriots play the cowboys in the regular season.   My guess is one team will lose

• Like 2

6 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Cowboys play the Patriots on 11/24 so no.  i could see the patriots going undefeated this year though.  they will probably be favorites by 7 or more in all but 2 or 3 games this year

So the Cowboys would have to beat the Pats and the Chiefs would have to beat the Pats.   Then they's also have to win every other game.   

I'd say it is a .2% chance.  

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Well,  the Patriots play the cowboys in the regular season.   My guess is one team will lose

If they tie, and both go undefeated until the Super Bowl, the sports world/media will go nuts!     :excited:

But, we all know that won't/can't ever happen.                  :groan:

9 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

A Patriots/Cowboys Super Bowl would be Satan's gift to America, giving back for all of the bad deeds everyone in this country have done combined.

Packers will have something to say about that, IMO. I still think the Packers will take down the Cowboys.

The Cowboys look good. Garrett is a good coach who catches alot of crap from sportswriters, internet etc. But undefeated is a stretch lol!

The Patriots, as well coached as they are, always blow one even them. Last year it was a game before the Dolphins game where they lost on the last play. Can’t remember who it was but it happened. 

A quick thing about the 2009 Colts. I think them losing those last 2 games is a blessing in hindsight. Imagine going undefeated then losing and not being named Bill Belichik. Anybody else would never recover and be fired within a few years from a team that had hit rock bottom from all points since. Granted that’s still what happened to the Colts but not because of that decision in 2009. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 6:08 PM, King Colt said:

NE looks like they could skate through their schedule undefeated if they beat KC on Dec 08. Or maybe KC gets it done.  The Cowboys are the team to beat in the NFC. So could we see the game of the undefeateds in the SB?

didn't the Cowboys just lose two in a row?

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I guess it is official.   

New England Patriots vs the San Francisco 49 rs in the first ever Super Bowl between 2 undefeated teams.

I would love two u defeated for just one reason.. no matter who wins.. NO MORE TALK OF THE DANG MIAMI DOLPHINS of 1972.. 

• Like 2

Just now, JimJaime said:

I would love two u defeated for just one reason.. no matter who wins.. NO MORE TALK OF THE DANG MIAMI DOLPHINS of 1972.. 

giphy.gif

Except that talk of the Undefeated 2019 Pats would be even worse...

Question for Colts fans:  If the Pats going 19-0 in 2019 meant that BB and Brady would retire afterward, would you want it to happen?

giphy.gif

33 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

giphy.gif

Except that talk of the Undefeated 2019 Pats would be even worse...

Question for Colts fans:  If the Pats going 19-0 in 2019 meant that BB and Brady would retire afterward, would you want it to happen?

giphy.gif

Nope.   I would love to be able to beat them out the door.

49ers are 5-0 and Jimmy G putting up numbers like Brissett is. 1163 Yards, 7 TD's and 5 INT's. Brissett 1062 yards, 10 TD's, only 3 INT's. Their fanbase worships Jimmy G, they deserve being 5-0. Actually Brissett's numbers are better but it is close. Anyway can the 49ers go 16-0 which is the topic here, I doubt it but they look good to me.