Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 1 impressions: Brissett

Imgrandojji

that wont usually be a winning QB performance

it almost worked yesterday because of the big day from Mack, but 25 carries per games isnt really sustainable.  JB was efficient though, if he can keep that up while getting at least 250 yards we might be in business 

35 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

it almost worked yesterday because of the big day from Mack, but 25 carries per games isnt really sustainable.  JB was efficient though, if he can keep that up while getting at least 250 yards we might be in business 

I'm not so sure.  Had Ebron caught that touchdown pass, JB would have been 22/27 for close to 200 yards and 3 touchdowns.  That's very efficient.  I don't think Mack would have necessarily had to carry the ball that many times or Hines would have been in the mix more.  That said, time will tell if JB is the real deal or not. 

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

That is actually false. When a team has 200 yards rushing and doesn’t turn that ball over they usually win by 20 pats. The colts are the only team to lose yesterday in like 20 years doing what they did. We should of had over 30 points. That is dang good.

4 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

99.999% of posts are opinions. Facts are things like 2 plus 2 equals 4, or,  things like Funchess  has a broken bone. Pretty much everything else is an opinion.

Brissett is our qb.  That's not opinion,   Kelly isn't playing unless Jacoby gets hurt.   That's not opinion.   Listen to Frank and Ballard.   Luck isn't coming back,   listen to Andrew. 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Brissett is our qb.  That's not opinion,   Kelly isn't playing unless Jacoby gets hurt.   That's not opinion.   Listen to Frank and Ballard.   Luck isn't coming back,   listen to Andrew. 

Even though I agree with your statements- yes, they are 100% OPINIONS.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

A bit extreme.  But not too much.  I thought he looked like Hasslebeck, with the same lack of downfield attempts.

Hasselbeck going from backup (or 3rd string?) with the packers to starting for the seahawks might be a very good comparison.  

Brissets first game starting was better than Hasselbecks first game in his first two years with the seahawks.  

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

No. They are facts if you pay attention.  Jacoby is the qb,  Kelly might make the 53.  Luck isn't coming back

While I agree with the thought that Kelly won't start over a healthy Brissett, it is not a fact.  An educated guess at best.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Myles said:

You cannot 100% believe them.  A fact is a proven thing.  Almost certain is the better term to use.  

Well it’s a fact that Frank and Ballard have both said Jacoby is the starter.  

From there Jacoby took all the starters reps in the off-season and was treated as the starter during the pre-season.

He played well in the first game.

There has been nothing to suggest the Colts aren’t being honest about Jacoby being the starter.  The only thing that’s out there are people who are fans of Kelly who just wont accept that Jacoby is the starter because they want Kelly to start.  That’s just ignoring the facts because they don’t like them.

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well it’s a fact that Frank and Ballard have both said Jacoby is the starter.  

From there Jacoby took all the starters reps in the off-season and was treated as the starter during the pre-season.

He played well in the first game.

There has been nothing to suggest the Colts aren’t being honest about Jacoby being the starter.  The only thing that’s out there are people who are fans of Kelly who just wont accept that Jacoby is the starter because they want Kelly to start.  That’s just ignoring the facts because they don’t like them.

I agree.   Both coach and GM have said that Brissett will be the starting QB.  I believe them.   But I wouldn't say that it is a fact that Brissett will start all 16 games if he is healthy.   That is the plan at this point though.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

No. They are facts if you pay attention.  Jacoby is the qb,  Kelly might make the 53.  Luck isn't coming back

Those are Opinions. Opinions based on facts, certainly, but opinions, none the less. And an opinion that I agree with.

Facts are things like dates, times, math., historical citations.  Things that aren’t subject to one’s interpretation. This is an Opinion Board. 99.9999999999% of what posters post are Opinions.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Beg to differ.  I would like to hope that our defense is good enough that 24 points will stand up more often than not.  If it doesn't our D isn't living up to the hype

Trying to win games with only 24 points is a tough task in today's NFL. There were 17 teams with more than 24 points yesterday. 

Besides, we might find out that the defense was just overhyped. They certainly weren't very good yesterday.

12 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Beg to differ.  I would like to hope that our defense is good enough that 24 points will stand up more often than not.  If it doesn't our D isn't living up to the hype

Mack wont always go for 170 yards.  

13 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

That is actually false. When a team has 200 yards rushing and doesn’t turn that ball over they usually win by 20 pats. The colts are the only team to lose yesterday in like 20 years doing what they did. We should of had over 30 points. That is dang good.

see comment above.

looking at QBs in the draft doesn't mean they will take one, they just need to be open to it.  it would be dumb to not be scouting them this year

36 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I'm excited to see Reich open the playbook up. The most impressive thing to me yesterday was the 2 point conversion. Open the playbook up Reich!

It’s coming. He said yesterday that the offense needs a few more explosive plays. Also we can look for Doyle and Ebron to get more involved with DF out. I can’t wait for the big play to TY.

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

Trying to win games with only 24 points is a tough task in today's NFL. There were 17 teams with more than 24 points yesterday. 

Besides, we might find out that the defense was just overhyped. They certainly weren't very good yesterday.

We easily should of had well over thirty points. We left so many points on the field.

19 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

some of you have already anointed him and are not even open to moving on 

Why should we be open when he played as well as he did. He was one call away from 3 TD.  We left 11 points on the field because of missed kicks and a judgement call by a ref on a TD. Plus gave  the chargers points on the Autry penalty.  This should of been a blowout on our end.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Why should we be open when he played as well as he did. He was one call away from 3 TD.  We left 11 points on the field because of missed kicks and a judgement call by a ref on a TD. Plus gave  the chargers points on the Autry penalty.  This should of been a blowout on our end.

he didnt do that much really

he was ok, but just ok isnt good enough like they say on tv.  im not dead set on getting rid of him either, im saying they should definitely be looking at the draft though and maybe make a move.  the chiefs had a better QB than we do now when they drafted PM

14 hours ago, egg said:

The Colts had more yards in regulation than the Chargers.

And still people talk like the offense was deficient in moving the ball into scoring position.

Yesterday Andy Dalton passed for over 400 yards in  21-20 loss to the Seahawks where Russel Wilson passed for 196 yards and 2 TD's. (sound familiar?)

It's not about racking up passing yards. It's about scoring points.

We all know why the Colts didn't score enough points.

The offense we watched Sunday was very much like what Seattle won a SB with.
 Wear your opponent down with a strong run game. High percentage passes to keep the chains moving and to keep their defense on the field.
 Looks like to me we now have a QB that can run that offense, make quick decisions, and throw very accurately, in the short to mid game.
 What a great way to build an offense. 
  We will take shots downfield when Reich & Siriani see opportunity.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

he was mediocre though, laugh if you think thats funny i guess.  how many qbs won with 180 yards?  

Are you a troll. Go back and look at how many games Luck had last year with the same numbers.  

6 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

The offense we watched Sunday was very much like what Seattle won a SB with.
 Wear your opponent down with a strong run game. High percentage passes to keep the chains moving and to keep their defense on the field.
 Looks like to me we now have a QB that can run that offense, make quick decisions, and throw very accurately, in the short to mid game.
 What a great way to build an offense. 
  We will take shots downfield when Reich & Siriani see opportunity.

This is playoff winning football.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Are you a troll. Go back and look at how many games Luck had last year with the same numbers.  

This is playoff winning football.

im not a troll, i think you have already anointed JB when he hasnt even done much.  

lucks average last year was 287 ypg, he was pffs third best QB.  every analyst had him ranked high 

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

im not a troll, i think you have already anointed JB when he hasnt even done much.  

lucks average last year was 287 ypg, he was pffs third best QB.  every analyst had him ranked high 

You missed the point. JB has played one game. The playbook is going to open up. Go look at lucks numbers in the cowboys game.i believe the resskins game also.