Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 1 impressions: Brissett

Imgrandojji

27 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Wasnt our defense ranked 8th in ppg? Didnt we add more talent whilst retaining the talent we already had? @krunk dont feed the trolls.

DingleberryDerek, Mack will have a monster year barring injury. 

If we get Sheard back and are able to get to the QB like we did last year, then I think we may end the year close to that mark. Our defense tends to overrun plays but in the grand scheme of things this is by design imo.  They are built for speed , getting to the QB and letting our DB's play to their strengths. 

Mack will have a good year IF he can stay healthy.  Not a huge red flag but seeing us bring in another RB to the PS will draw a variety of conclusions. I sort of expected it.  He put it all on the table last week. Im just not sure he is physically able to sustain that pounding  for 16 games.  Well see.

also I would like to think our team would give a crap about what defense someone is or is not playing. Good teams make you adapt to them. Not the other way around. The first game we kind of let the chargers dictate to us. Maybe we play it safe to try and get that first win, but if we let the Titans dictate to us like last week this is going to leave a sour taste for some of us fans. Luck dictated the game. You had to play his game. JB is not there yet but he needs to start getting Cain more involved. I mean what the heck , we have Hilton on one side who should 

demand a double team so there is no excuse but who knows. Anyway Go Colts. A win is a win I guess if it comes to that. I just want to see what everyone else is seeing in JB.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, krunk said:

Diggler is always doom and gloom.  He thinks everybody is in the dark except for him. Mahomes ain't put up no 50 in the playoffs so now with better personnel we are supposed to expect 50 points based on  the 1st game of this year. Which that game is traditionally a sloppy game anyway.   The roster was upgraded to handled the schedule that we have at hand.  I doubt it plays out the way you're speaking. 

Same way everybody said the D was going to get blown off the field last year before we even played one game. Or how everybody felt after the first Jax game when the D played bad. They tightened up and played better ball.  I'm expecting they'll do the same this year also. 

dude.  I’m not doom and gloom.   I hope Mack wins the rushing title.  

But im realistic unlike 99% on this board

do you. It think the league saw what happened last weekend?!?!!

Do you. It think our schedule is harder?

Do you not think that without Luck the are gonna shut down the run and make JB win the game!!!

I love the Colts.  But I’m not as stupid as many in here.  I’ve looked at Mack’s previous seasons.   I know he’s not a 100 us a game rusher.  Not even close 

I would LOVE to have this all rubbed back in my face but it ain’t gonna happen

YALL have anointed Mack as the next Zeke.   Y’all have anointed JB as a top 10 QB capable of a SB run.  

None of this will happen!!!!!

Im realistic!!!!!!  Do you think the rest of the league is afraid of the Colts?????

Y’all are just Homers  

Interesting stat I just heard. The more Andrew luck would throw the % of games that were lost went up. When he would throw less then 40 his percentage of wins went up. Brady has never won a SB without a top ten defense. The person talking is saying he would rather have JB and his numbers then Luck and the sky high numbers. Anyone want the link to the podcast.  Even with luck this offense was changing.

5 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

dude.  I’m not doom and gloom.   I hope Mack wins the rushing title.  

But im realistic unlike 99% on this board

do you. It think the league saw what happened last weekend?!?!!

Do you. It think our schedule is harder?

Do you not think that without Luck the are gonna shut down the run and make JB win the game!!!

I love the Colts.  But I’m not as stupid as many in here.  I’ve looked at Mack’s previous seasons.   I know he’s not a 100 us a game rusher.  Not even close 

I would LOVE to have this all rubbed back in my face but it ain’t gonna happen

YALL have anointed Mack as the next Zeke.   Y’all have anointed JB as a top 10 QB capable of a SB run.  

None of this will happen!!!!!

Im realistic!!!!!!  Do you think the rest of the league is afraid of the Colts?????

Y’all are just Homers  

Guess who had the fifth best completion and 7th best passer rating this week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Guess who had the fifth best completion and 7th best passer rating this week.

OMG dude.  Please stop talking stats!!!!  

Did we win????

would we have won with Luck??  

would we have won with Manning????

JB is an average QB.  he was drafted where he should have been.  If he was REALLY good BB wouldn’t have traded him 

TAKE OFF THE HOMER GLASSES!!!!!!

And I like you as a poster dude.   But you’re way off on this. 

We NEED a franchise QB.  

Colts Agree!!!!

OTHERWISE  they would have locked JB ip LONG term

i love JB “AS” a backup!!!!

No we wouldn’t of win with Luck lol. JB was in no way responsible for losing this game. He is one of the reasons we went to overtime. Luck probably would threw a stupid interception at some point. The game plan would of been the same. Get over it. JB looks the part and he is our QB. Get off all this franchise stuff. Spoiled fans.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aaron11 said:

they didnt get 31 at all.  a lot of what they did get was running too

I said "nearly" as Vinny missed 7 points in kicks.. I'd wager that doesn't happen the rest of the season. Vinny has done this the past 4 years with missing kicks early on and then is perfect the rest of the way out. Who gives a * how they got the points,  if that gets them W's, that's all that matters. NOBODY in Minny is complaining about Cousins' 98 yards in their blow out win over Atlanta. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Interesting stat I just heard. The more Andrew luck would throw the % of games that were lost went up. When he would throw less then 40 his percentage of wins went up. Brady has never won a SB without a top ten defense. The person talking is saying he would rather have JB and his numbers then Luck and the sky high numbers. Anyone want the link to the podcast.  Even with luck this offense was changing.

Cart before the horse IMHO.  When you're behind, you try  for chunk  yardage more often and most teams look to the throwing game for this.

In other words, throwing doesn't mean you lose.  Losing means you throw.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I said "nearly" as Vinny missed 7 points in kicks.. I'd wager that doesn't happen the rest of the season. Vinny has done this the past 4 years with missing kicks early on and then is perfect the rest of the way out. Who gives a * how they got the points,  if that gets them W's, that's all that matters. NOBODY in Minny is complaining about Cousins' 98 yards in their blow out win over Atlanta. 

if it works it works, but this didnt.

JB has always averaged around 190 yards and hasnt won many games either.  he personally needs to step it up too

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

No we wouldn’t of win with Luck lol. JB was in no way responsible for losing this game. He is one of the reasons we went to overtime. Luck probably would threw a stupid interception at some point. The game plan would of been the same. Get over it. JB looks the part and he is our QB. Get off all this franchise stuff. Spoiled fans.

we do need a franchise QB, not Chloes favorite player behind center

he has to prove he is that or go, he hasnt done that yet

Facing Brissett

When the Colts come to town on Sunday, the Titans will be facing quarterback Jacoby Brissett – not Andrew Luck.

Luck, of course, retired before the start of the season.

Brissett completed 21-of-27 passes for 190 yards with two touchdowns in Indy’s season opening loss to the Chargers on Sunday.

“All I know is that Jacoby has got a really good grasp of the offense,” Titans coach Mike Vrabel said. “He’s played in big games, whether that be in New England or Indianapolis. He was very efficient with the football last week. He took care of it. He’s got a strong arm, he can move, he can scramble, so he’s able to run whatever they need him to do.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2019 at 5:41 PM, NannyMcafee said:

I'm not specifically talking about Brissett. In fact I thought Reich was calling a majorly conservative game. I do feel as if it was more of a test game for the staff and getting things lined up and adjusting. Loved that Mack ran for so many yards. Gives me some more confidence in our run game. How many yards? 170+...? That's awesome. I just felt a lack of aggression. Kind of like they have a hangover from losing Andrew and who wouldnt? The offense has to refind its identity. 

They did this exact same thing with Luck during the early part of last year, the playbook will open up once the season goes on. I wouldn't read anything into it other than that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

People are overly obsessing on the 190 yards.  TBH he didn't throw more mostly because the run game was playing so well. 

It's like fans aren't used to having a balanced attack where either the QB or the running back corps can take snaps from the other depending on who's hot at the moment.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

People are overly obsessing on the 190 yards.  TBH he didn't throw more mostly because the run game was playing so well. 

It's like fans aren't used to having a balanced attack where either the QB or the running back corps can take snaps from the other depending on who's hot at the moment.

This game plan was the same one he was taught in NE.
 When our Goat was throwing for all HIS yards and going One & Done 7 times in the playoffs, in NE their guy was throwing for 190ish and going to/winning Super Bowls.
 Eberflus, in that tired Dungy fashion, is going to have to Fix our defense.
If he does, we can win a SB This season. JMO of course.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

This game plan was the same one he was taught in NE.
 When our Goat was throwing for all HIS yards and going One & Done 7 times in the playoffs, in NE their guy was throwing for 190ish and going to/winning Super Bowls.
 Eberflus, in that tired Dungy fashion, is going to have to Fix our defense.
If he does, we can win a SB This season. JMO of course.

That is defiantly how you win playoff football. It’s also how you beat teams like KC. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i bring it up because thats about what he has always done.  he has to step that up at some point

We put up almost 400 yards of offense, so I don't really care where it comes from, & I'm especially not going to complain when we're able to do that on the road vs a team that went 12-4 last year & is a legit SB contender.

• Like 5

I think after the first week he looks pretty good. If the run game stays strong all year I can see us really winning 9-10 games.

With that being said I know teams will start to stack the box and start playing the run. Brissett will need to make them pay with his arm.

I like where the team is so far

• Like 2

This is a very good video on why getting picked super high in the draft for a QB is a bad thing most of the time.  If your a QB picked lower your going to a better team. This is why I have faith in JB. The colts organization is top notch and not in chaos. There are a lot of QB who end up mediocre because of the organization. Josh Rosen has practically had his career ruined by two bad organizations.

15 hours ago, DerekDiggler said:

OMG dude.  Please stop talking stats!!!!  

Did we win????

would we have won with Luck??  

would we have won with Manning????

JB is an average QB.  he was drafted where he should have been.  If he was REALLY good BB wouldn’t have traded him 

And I like you as a poster dude.   But you’re way off on this. 

We NEED a franchise QB.  

Colts Agree!!!!

OTHERWISE  they would have locked JB ip LONG term

i love JB “AS” a backup!!!!

As much as I loved Manning and Luck, I doubt either one of them would have won us that game.  Just my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Brissett doesn’t look like a typical backup. He looks like a starting QB who is in  total control. A couple of those throws were elite QB type of throws.

The one where he made a snap throw between 2 defenders and put it right in Hilton's numbers in the end zone was pretty special

That really was an impressive play and you can tell that JB has been working on getting the ball out of his hands faster.  The protection was good and Brisssett had it in the air before the Chargers had a chance to make it tough on the OL.

Hilton also did a great job at finding a soft spot in the defense and putting himself in position to make a play.  Good play by him and good decision making by JB.  A lot to like here

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

We put up almost 400 yards of offense, so I don't really care where it comes from, & I'm especially not going to complain when we're able to do that on the road vs a team that went 12-4 last year & is a legit SB contender.

Mack does deserve praise, if JB does something then i will change my comments about him

5 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Mack does deserve praise, if JB does something then i will change my comments about him

Brissett did exactly what was asked of him, & should've had 3 TD passes if not for the Ebron play that was ruled incomplete. I'm not sure what else he needs to do to garner praise from the forum, but I'm fully on board.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Brissett did exactly what was asked of him, & should've had 3 TD passes if not for the Ebron play that was ruled incomplete. I'm not sure what else he needs to do to garner praise from the forum, but I'm fully on board.

then they are not asking enough of him.  i want to see him actually produce, then i will believe.

3 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

He produced. Go check any NFL analyst and they agree that he produced. Not sure what you want, but he produced.

looking for more  yards tbh.  i would let one game slide but hes always been low on yards and tds for that matter.  a 190 average wont get it done in the league.  sometimes great players go that low but they have big games too and average closer to 300

a lot of people have brought up that was the game plan... the game plan needs to change if colts are going to win many games

10 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

looking for more  yards tbh.  i would let one game slide but hes always been low on yards and tds for that matter.  a 190 average wont get it done in the league.  sometimes great players go that low but they have big games too and average closer to 300

a lot of people have brought up that was the game plan... the game plan needs to change if colts are going to win many games

Sweet baby Jesus that is an awful take.

They had damn near 400 yards of offense.  Clearly his passing totals were less because of how well the run was working.  If AV does his job, they score 30 points in regulation.  On top of that Brissett took them 80 yards to tie the game at the end.  You know who accepts that offensive production?  EVERY damn team in the league.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

They had damn near 400 yards of offense.  Clearly his passing totals were less because of how well the run was working.  If AV does his job, they score 30 points in regulation.  On top of that Brissett took them 80 yards to tie the game at the end.  You know who accepts that offensive production?  EVERY damn team in the league.  

Thank you for being you.

21 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

How are you so wrong everytime?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Plus used 8 minutes to not give the chargers time for another drive.

13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Thank you for being you.

How are you so wrong everytime?

getting tired of defending my stance with these homers.  JB was alright, but not good enough, not yet

dont gaf about your opinion dude, you are just some guy that gives like a 4 word response when you disagree with something.  i cant be wrong about what i feel an overtime rule should be.  get over yourself 

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

getting tired of defending my stance with these homers.  JB was alright, but not good enough, not yet

dont gaf about your opinion dude, you are just some guy that gives like a 4 word response when you disagree with something.  i cant be wrong about what i feel an overtime rule should be.  get over yourself 

Oh no. you are wrong about nearly everything you post.  It's pretty amazing.     But the coup de gras was rewarding the team that scored last in a tie game the win.   Perhaps the most nonsensical thing I've seen since Gigli

Everyone on this forum is a homer, every single poster. You wouldn’t be on here wasting your time if you weren’t......food for thought, homers.

On 9/11/2019 at 10:52 PM, DerekDiggler said:

10 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

getting tired of defending my stance with these homers. 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Oh no. you are wrong about nearly everything you post.  It's pretty amazing.     But the coup de gras was rewarding the team that scored last in a tie game the win.   Perhaps the most nonsensical thing I've seen since Gigli

whatever man, they said they same when i said Luck will probably retire early too

i dont see you posting much of anything except 3 or 4 word sentences when you disagree with something.  i could not care less what you think tbh, have a nice day

12 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

We aren’t going to tear him apart or question him until there is a reason to. This weekend will be a huge test. Some of the questions people have had about blitzes will either show he is bad or he will show he has improved.