Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 1 impressions: Brissett

Imgrandojji

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think the game plan would of been the same even with luck.

I think we would have aired it out a little bit more.  Especially with Derwin James out. Once Luck and Reich would have seen that the OL was holding up in Pass Pro they probably would have gone for the jugular a bit more with Luck.  A little bit more passing I believe if Luck were there.  Still would have been consistent with the run, but probably not as much. 

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think we would have aired it out a little bit more.  Especially with Derwin James out.

Once Luck and Reich would have seen that the OL was holding up in Pass Pro they probably

would have gone for the jugular a bit more with Luck.  

Maybe but we still would of been putting a tired defense back out there to quick. It really wouldn’t of changed things. Game just would of been more of a shootout. I guess you might be able to say luck might of had one of those missed FG into a TD. But LA would of just scored quick again. JB has Ebron though. The chargers defense is really good.

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i guess we will see if thats the case.  he is going to face a lot of good pass rushers this year though, and i doubt that game plan gets many wins 

Do you really think Reich has fears about getting into a shoot out with Marcus Mariota?  I think they open it up some next week depending on if we get that blitz under control. I think Jacoby has improved his pocket movement, but based on the last two times he's faced Tenn they tore him up with blitz pressures so I know it's coming. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Do you know anything about the titans pass rush?  Do they have good edge rushers?

Not better than San Diego.   They have Harold Landry and Cameron Wake.

I think the rest will come from Blitz Pressure.   They run the old Baltimore scheme

that Ted Monachino and Pagano ran when they were here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i guess we will see if thats the case.  he is going to face a lot of good pass rushers this year though, and i doubt that game plan gets many wins 

The game plan absolutely gets you wins. Colts are the only team to lose since 2017 with the stats we put up. Most of the time it’s a 20 pt win. That’s how you win in the playoffs. That’s how you beat a team like KC. You run the clock and keep the ball out of their hands.

• Thanks 1

Mariota is comparable to Jacoby in some ways.  they both are efficient and protect the ball but they have 3000 yard seasons when the good qbs are getting 4500 .

should be an interesting game, hopefully they do air it out some and of course  have another big game from Mack

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The game plan absolutely gets you wins.

of course it does, it might have worked if not for missed kicks too.  remember they also had a muffed punt and bad throw that lead to a great interception.  

the game may not have looked close at all if not for a punt returner losing the ball in the sun.  consistent QB production is going to get you wins in the league and offset the bad stuff.  thats actually how the chargers won

33 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

of course it does, it might have worked if not for missed kicks too.  remember they also had a muffed punt and bad throw that lead to a great interception.  

the game may not have looked close at all if not for a punt returner losing the ball in the sun.  consistent QB production is going to get you wins in the league and offset the bad stuff.  thats actually how the chargers won

We didn't  score when the punt returner  dropped  the ball anyway. Vinatieri  missed and ebron couldn't  get td

Raiders | Derek Carr tremendously efficient in win    Tue Sep 10, 01:21 AM

Oakland Raiders QB Derek Carr completed 22-of-26 passes for 259 yards, one touchdowns and no interceptions in Week 1 against the Denver Broncos on Monday, Sept. 9.

Looks like Carr put up a Jacoby like production as well Monday Night. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, krunk said:

Raiders | Derek Carr tremendously efficient in win    Tue Sep 10, 01:21 AM

Oakland Raiders QB Derek Carr completed 22-of-26 passes for 259 yards, one touchdowns and no interceptions in Week 1 against the Denver Broncos on Monday, Sept. 9.

Looks like Carr put up a Jacoby like production as well Monday Night. 

Their oline was great against a great pass rush. Will be interesting when we play them.

19 hours ago, krunk said:

I think we would have aired it out a little bit more.  Especially with Derwin James out. Once Luck and Reich would have seen that the OL was holding up in Pass Pro they probably would have gone for the jugular a bit more with Luck.  A little bit more passing I believe if Luck were there.  Still would have been consistent with the run, but probably not as much. 

There is no doubt our last QB would have taken a number of risky throws downfield. That was what he LIKED.
 And the reason he is sitting on the beach in Hawaii after taking all those "nice hits" because he held onto the ball to do it.
 We did a great job Sunday keeping away from 3rd and longs.
That will be the focus this season. 

• Like 1

I think we might see the same kind of game plan this week.

Yeah, I think I said it yesterday in another thread, Titans DB's are no joke and I imagine we'll see a pretty similar run heavy, dink and dunk gameplan. Maybe a possible shot or two down the field, but we'll see. It'll bode well for us if we're fortunate enough to get an early lead and an early stop on defense.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich mentioned today how TN has a lot of exotic looks on defense. Yup I bet the game plan will be similar. I just have a feeling we are going to lose this game.

Why are you always scared?  It's the same defense they ran last year when we shredded them and mostly the same set of DBs. It's nothing but a form of Chuck Paganos D from Baltimore.  The Coordinator is Dean Pees from the Ravens.  Their Run D isn't all that good and their DBs are not better than the Chargers DB.  We've got plenty of film on them so I anticipate the plan  will be good. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, aaron11 said:

If you're saying netting nearly 31 points (yes Vinny missed kicks but I see that as an outlier) won't win us many games, I want to know what it will take because I'll take 31 every Sunday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

If we keep it on this level we'll win a lot more than we lose.  

Seriously, I'm confused as to why people think Jacoby has to have crazy stats for the Colts to win. They could have easily won the Chargers game had a few bounces, and kicks, went their way. Minnesota blew out Atlanta with Cousins throwing for 98 yards. If that's what it takes to get a win I'll take the W no matter how they get it. 

• Like 4

More to the point, as part of "on this level" I'm counting the ability to fight back after a tough start and tie up the game in the dying minutes.  We lost the game, sure, but only after Jacoby Brissett took a page out of his old mentor's book.  The padawan learned well from the aging master -- that comeback was vintage early 2000s Brady.

If we were looking for leadership, decisivenes and the clutch gene from Brissett this year, game 1 is good evidence that he's got it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

If you're saying netting nearly 31 points (yes Vinny missed kicks but I see that as an outlier) won't win us many games, I want to know what it will take because I'll take 31 every Sunday.

they didnt get 31 at all.  a lot of what they did get was running too

You do realize that was the game plan. 

The game plan was to dink and dunk to start the game then try to run the ball.   They succeeded in that for the most part.   

If you all are expecting Mack to put up these kind of numbers in many games Y’all are nuts     He will have more games under 60 yards this yr than he will above.   It’s how it works with him.  

Id expect 4 more 100 yard games this yr. depending on the opponent.  Haven’t looked at the schedule.   Just a guess.     I’d almost bet he will have as many 40 yes or less games than 100 yarders. 

I’d expect him to be below 60 yds against the Tacs.    They will make JB beat them.   

4 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

The game plan was to dink and dunk to start the game then try to run the ball.   They succeeded in that for the most part.   

If you all are expecting Mack to put up these kind of numbers in many games Y’all are nuts     He will have more games under 60 yards this yr than he will above.   It’s how it works with him.  

Id expect 4 more 100 yard games this yr. depending on the opponent.  Haven’t looked at the schedule.   Just a guess.     I’d almost bet he will have as many 40 yes or less games than 100 yarders. 

I’d expect him to be below 60 yds against the Tacs.    They will make JB beat them.   

I don’t get the point. If you really think this is going to be the game plan every week your wrong. Reich already said he wants a few more explosive plays to be added to the offense.  These posts about JB are just dumb. 

Fans are spoiled brats. This is going to be a different kind of team going forward.  Even if luck was here there were already signs this offense was changing. The way we played Sunday is how you beat teams like the Chiefs. You limit their touches by our offense having 8 minute drives. 

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t get the point. If you really think this is going to be the game plan every week your wrong. Reich already said he wants a few more explosive plays to be added to the offense.  These posts about JB are just dumb. 

Fans are spoiled brats. This is going to be a different kind of team going forward.  Even if luck was here there were already signs this offense was changing. The way we played Sunday is how you beat teams like the Chiefs. You limit their touches by our offense having 8 minute drives. 

I’m sure he does want a few more explosive plays.     He knows we’ll need them because this defense is going to give up a lot of points this yr     This isn’t last yrs schedule.   We have some very good QBs that are going to tear this defense up 

Beat KC????   Hahaha.   Had AV made all his kicks. We’d have scored 31    Mahomes  will put up 50+ on this defense    

I’m glad most of you are in full blue glasses vision of this team but a reality check is coming very soon 

2 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

I’m sure he does want a few more explosive plays.     He knows we’ll need them because this defense is going to give up a lot of points this yr     This isn’t last yrs schedule.   We have some very good QBs that are going to tear this defense up 

Beat KC????   Hahaha.   Had AV made all his kicks. We’d have scored 31    Mahomes  will put up 50+ on this defense    

I’m glad most of you are in full blue glasses vision of this team but a reality check is coming very soon 

You missed the point. By running and having 8 minute drives your not giving KC that many opportunity to score. Less offensive chances less points.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You missed the point. By running and having 8 minute drives your not giving KC that many opportunity to score. Less offensive chances less points.

Fair enough.    But like I said earlier.   No way Mack can do this.   He will get shut down and we’re forced to pass.    

Diggler is always doom and gloom.  He thinks everybody is in the dark except for him. Mahomes ain't put up no 50 in the playoffs so now with better personnel we are supposed to expect 50 points based on  the 1st game of this year. Which that game is traditionally a sloppy game anyway.   The roster was upgraded to handled the schedule that we have at hand.  I doubt it plays out the way you're speaking. 

Same way everybody said the D was going to get blown off the field last year before we even played one game. Or how everybody felt after the first Jax game when the D played bad. They tightened up and played better ball.  I'm expecting they'll do the same this year also. 

• Like 2