Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Appreciation Day

csmopar

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I won't participate in this.   I don't hate Luck,g but I'm not going to celebrate him yet either.  

This is something they should do later in the season or next season.  

Seems pretty early, I agree.  Maybe the same guy who was behind the "Conference Finalist" banner is the brains behind this.

• Like 3

I really can’t hate a man for admitting that he is neither mentally nor physically capable at the moment.  In his case rehab wasn’t going so well, and so he decided to leave.

I don’t think he was selfish, he literally took one for the team to protect this organization from persistently having to answer questions about mismanaging his health.

7 hours ago, Myles said:

I won't participate in this.   I don't hate Luck,g but I'm not going to celebrate him yet either.  

This is something they should do later in the season or next season.  

I agree.  Give it a year at least.  The team and Colts Nation needs to move on. We have a season ahead of us right now with a chance to still be a pretty good team.  Enough with the Luck distractions. 

• Like 3

The celebration has more to do with the philanthropic activities that he participated in while in Indianapolis, not his actions as a player.....real life.

The mayor said Luck will remain a “Hoosier for life” for his lasting impact on the city, including “his dedication to Riley Hospital for Children where he delivered gifts, caroled during the holidays, sent messages of encouragement to staff and made surprise visits to patients fighting for their lives.”

Hogsett also highlighted Luck’s efforts to encourage physical fitness and proper nutrition through the “Change the Play” program and his dedication to reading and education through the “Andrew Luck Book Club.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HOZER said:

The celebration has more to do with the philanthropic activities that he participated in while in Indianapolis, not his actions as a player.....real life.

The mayor said Luck will remain a “Hoosier for life” for his lasting impact on the city, including “his dedication to Riley Hospital for Children where he delivered gifts, caroled during the holidays, sent messages of encouragement to staff and made surprise visits to patients fighting for their lives.”

Hogsett also highlighted Luck’s efforts to encourage physical fitness and proper nutrition through the “Change the Play” program and his dedication to reading and education through the “Andrew Luck Book Club.”

Don't a lot of players do this? 

Classy move by the Mayor

3 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I agree

Just now, Tsarquise said:

Some do it for their home areas 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Yes?(other then book club, never heard of anyone else doing that)  Luck was involved in many different activities not only in Indy but throughout the state. I guess the Mayor of Indianapolis must have decided it was worth being celebrated. 

3 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Yes?  Luck was involved in many different activities not only in Indy but throughout the state. I guess the Mayor of Indianapolis must have decided it was worth being celebrated. 

I saw the celebration kind of like the way the Kentucky Colonel award are given out in the Bluegrass State

• Like 1