Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are We Done Yet?

CoachLite

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

I expect more. Ballard is always looking. The O-line is suspect.

I agree.  I hope we are not done there.  Jordan Mills is visiting San Francisco today.  If he leaves there he would be the perfect swing tackle for us in place of Clark.  Chances are he gets signed though.  I would feel better with 9 guys there.  Clark is the weak link at a very important position IMO. 

• Like 1

They might also be waiting to see how the injury situation looks after Week 1. If they have a good idea who the 46 will be, then there's no need to do anything right now. And if you get hit with injuries at a position that you thought was deep, now you have the flexibility to adjust accordingly. 

So maybe they are set until after the first game. They'll only dress 7 OL, so no need to add anyone right this minute. They have two QBs, although one of them doesn't know the playbook; maybe they'll activate Walker, just in case? The other positions are well stocked. 

3 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Haeg isnt the problem

He can cover the three interior positions

OT depth is a BIG hole for us

I am concerned the O-Line won’t be as good as last season. I just know Kelly is going to potentially miss a few games. Fingers crossed.

7 hours ago, MPStack said:

I am concerned the O-Line won’t be as good as last season. I just know Kelly is going to potentially miss a few games. Fingers crossed.

Well, technically I know everyone on the roster is "potentially" going to miss a few games.... 

Now, is Kelly more likely to than not?  It seems so...  But everyone on the roster is potentially going to miss games....

5 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Well, technically I know everyone on the roster is "potentially" going to miss a few games.... 

Now, is Kelly more likely to than not?  It seems so...  But everyone on the roster is potentially going to miss games....

Yeah, I always feel like it’s not if, but when with Kelly missing time.  Probably one of the biggest drop offs in the next man up scenarios.  

10 hours ago, CoachLite said:

Between waivers and free agency, are the Colts done bringing in new talent? I realize we won't stop looking, but it seems we are pretty satisfied with the personnel we have.

Im going to guess Ballard may be done for now.  This team is solid. The only thing that has me thinking is if he decides to bring in a premier back to pair with Mack.  IF they truly want to keep JB around and possibly be the new franchise QB , he is going to need a top five rushing attack to take the pressure of him.  If our O-line regresses from last year it is going to be really hard for JB to move the ball. 

Likely done for week one.

Ballard will churn through PS players on a weekly basis it seems from his first two years on the job.

I would say there may be another olineman added to the roster at some point if someone with some upside falls into our laps. 

That would be my guess at this point.

8 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Some of y'all seem to forget the reason why we only carrying 8 o linemen is because we have 4 tight ends and we will run alot of power O with 3 tight end sets to help the line 

That and there was no one worth keeping past 7 either.

Oh, and i'm not impressed with Lisa Vandercamp's kid on the OL either (now on PS).  He was bull fighting defenders the other night.

• Like 1