Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clowney traded to Seattle

runthepost

They have made some bad moves in the last year and a half or so. Not addressing their OL is a major concern. Is Bill O'Brien the GM now? @Qwiz

https://sports.yahoo.com/texans-learn-hard-lesson-by-getting-fleeced-for-jadeveon-clowney-184526611.html

"If Houston wants to learn what to do with a franchise-tagged defensive end, the Seahawks could teach them a thing or two."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

They have made some bad moves in the last year and a half or so. Not addressing their OL is a major concern. Is Bill O'Brien the GM now? @Qwiz

https://sports.yahoo.com/texans-learn-hard-lesson-by-getting-fleeced-for-jadeveon-clowney-184526611.html

"If Houston wants to learn what to do with a franchise-tagged defensive end, the Seahawks could teach them a thing or two."

They selected two lineman in the draft and looked for options in free agency as well. I wouldn’t say they haven’t at least attempted to address what was our biggest problem last season. 

As far as Clowney goes, I don’t like it and the way things transpired has been ridiculed, and for good reason. There’s not going to be an official GM this season so yeah...this L is falling on BOB and the front office. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Qwiz said:

They selected two lineman in the draft and looked for options in free agency as well. I wouldn’t say they haven’t at least attempted to address what was our biggest problem last season. 

As far as Clowney goes, I don’t like it and the way things transpired has been ridiculed, and for good reason. There’s not going to be an official GM this season so yeah...this L is falling on BOB and the front office. 

You made up for it with stills, tunsil, and hyde trades

• Like 2

Without a general manager at the helm, the Texans have been led headfirst into arguably one of the worst trades of the last decade. Clowney may not have been the pass rusher everybody thought he would be, but his athleticism and versatility will be near impossible to replace without a first-round pick. None of their issues have been solved with this trade. Instead, they have created a new position of need.:violin::lol:

1 hour ago, Qwiz said:

That’ll ease the pain, that’s for sure. I was getting worried. 

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

You made up for it with stills, tunsil, and hyde trades

I did not see that Houston acquired those guys. Good. 

I'm not gonna lie, I was very surprised to hear that Clowney got shipped to the Pacific Northwest. Clowney should have put up more QB sacks by now at this stage in his career. That's probably why the Texans decided to move on.

I remember when he got drafted. Man, the expectations were high. When Clowney was on he was on. However, his motor lacked consistency at times. Still, that's the ultimate fear isn't it? You cut a guy loose, he goes to a new city, & just lights it up.