Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TC Day 4

CR91

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Boy, Luck sure SUCKED today.      One more day like this and we may have to cut him?    With this latest injury,   who would trade for Luck now?!?     He's worthless!     WORTHLESS!!

Maybe he can be the back-up to Brissett?     Jacoby could end up as the Colts' starter with Luck as the back-up.

Maybe Luck could even play some Special Teams?!?

It's Day 4 and some people are reading so much into so little....      (Sigh....)

:sarcasm:

I bet you all the FB Colts fans are saying this. Luck is going to have bad days, like he's going to have bad games. It's not worrying at all. Also, this was only 7 on 7 and within the redzone.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Love hearing about these rookies. I think Ya-Sin has the potential to start day 1 against the Chargers. I'm irrationally hyped about Campbell. Glad to see his weakness of not being able to run routes was more on Haskins and how OSU utilized him.

How would that have been on Haskins? OSU's O-line was one of the worst I have seen in years, and Campbell was used a lot as a safety valve for Haskins. 

8 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

I bet you all the FB Colts fans are saying this. Luck is going to have bad days, like he's going to have bad games. It's not worrying at all. Also, this was only 7 on 7 and within the redzone.

From what I understand lucks work was all close to the end zone and that was very typical in the tight space.

57 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think I read he had done that in Carolina with the kids. From what we have heard Funchess route running is very good and shouldn’t be a problem. There is a couple IG stories of him catching passes on Kevin Bowen’s Instagram. One of Parris and Cain too I believe. DF is showing some leadership too.

Not really worried about his route running to be honest. It's just he struggles catching the ball in certain routes, while he does very well historically in others. The commentary on him is he can body the ball (if thrown into his core), and is simply awkward catching it in some routes. 

24 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

How would that have been on Haskins? OSU's O-line was one of the worst I have seen in years, and Campbell was used a lot as a safety valve for Haskins. 

I read somewhere that OSU played to Haskins' strengths. So a lot of the routes were ones that Haskins was good at throwing, hence the limited route tree. I don't watch CFB so I could be completely wrong lol.

8 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

That was kind of my point. Is Milton as a gunner more important then having Collins or Hairston as a six CB who probably won’t dress on game day. That is a decision they will have to make. If they keep Milton one of them won’t make it unless they cut elsewhere. 

Or a 4th TE, 4th RB, 10th OL, 5th safety, etc. It's not just about Milton vs another CB, it's vs +1 at any position.

11 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

I read somewhere that OSU played to Haskins' strengths. So a lot of the routes were ones that Haskins was good at throwing, hence the limited route tree. I don't watch CFB so I could be completely wrong lol.

Yea it had nothing to do with Haskins. Haskins can make every throw, and the other wide receivers on the team (Hill, Mclaurin, Victor, Dixon, Mack) were all used in different ways like Campbell. Campbell, again, was used as a safety outlet for Haskins, but it also allowed Campbell to get a lot of open space looks which was much more favorable to him, the offense, and especially Haskins with how bad the OL was. Campbell is going to hurt a lot of guys' feelings if he gets the ball in the open field. 

22 hours ago, CR91 said:

Anyone know if Shakial Taylor has beef with Parris? I like the attitude hes bringing to try to make the team, but its like hes head hunting and Parris is his only prey. Much props to Parris in not retaliating though. Most people would be upset with that after it happened on more then one occasion. 

I don’t recall them playing each other in college, so it’s hard to say if they have legitimate beef but the targeting has to stop imo.

13 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

Just yesterday a guy on Facebook was saying we need to move one from Glowinski because of his 5 penalties for 45 yards in 2018, apparently that's just too many penalties for a right guard. Naturally I had to ask him if we should upgrade at left guard as well since Nelson had 9 penalties for 75 yards. I'm still waiting to hear back.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I was at camp Saturday, and from what I saw, Jalen Collins is a lock make the team and is possibly going to be a starter before long.

I don't know about the off field stuff, but the talent seems to be there.

I was just listening to Kevin’s corner. He said not to read into it to much. The colts are rotating a lot of corners in with the first team.

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Boy, Luck sure SUCKED today.      One more day like this and we may have to cut him?    With this latest injury,   who would trade for Luck now?!?     He's worthless!     WORTHLESS!!

Maybe he can be the back-up to Brissett?     Jacoby could end up as the Colts' starter with Luck as the back-up.

Maybe Luck could even play some Special Teams?!?

It's Day 4 and some people are reading so much into so little....      (Sigh....)

:sarcasm:

Maybe Luck could be our KR/PR.?.?.?

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

The only thing about keeping Collins over Hairston is Hairston is Kenny Moore’s backup in the slot. This group is one of the most interesting to see how it gets trimmed down.

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I was just listening to Kevin’s corner. He said not to read into it to much. The colts are rotating a lot of corners in with the first team.

I meant from the coverage I personally saw.  Rock looked good too, but probably won't start right away.

50 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Anyone know how Rock's last name is pronounced?  

Is it yassin  ryhmes with flossin', or like Ya-Sin, like Swedish Yes followed by the word Sin, or some other way.

Good question....

I believe it’s the second version.  Like two different names.    Yah-Sin.

pronounced separately....

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

Is it yassin  ryhmes with flossin', or like Ya-Sin, like Swedish Yes followed by the word Sin, or some other way.

Its an Arabic word.  We would usually pronounce that as YahSeen.

2 hours ago, Nickster said:

I was at camp Saturday, and from what I saw, Jalen Collins is a lock to make the team and is possibly going to be a starter before long.

I don't know about the off field stuff, but the talent seems to be there.

I think so too.  He definitely has the talent.  From what I read he has been very impressive so far and he appears to have straightened out his personal life as well.  No doubt he has been working very hard to take advantage of this opportunity to return to the NFL.  I think he could be another Ballard acquisition that is going to pay big dividends for us. 

4 hours ago, Nickster said:

Let's just call him Bill Jones. It's easier.