Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TC Day 4

CR91

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Welp.

Hopefully no more injuries to any of the DL.

Im expecting Sheard to go on IR rather thats returning later in the season or miss the whole season which will really be a blow to our run defense

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Maybe Milton can play WR! :lol: In any case, it will be a tough call. We'll figure it out at the last second IMO.

I think it depends  on who we keep at safety to as hooker, willis, farley, geathers, odom have been playing  well

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Since our 5th WR is wide open as of now, I can see us keeping Rogers or Dulin for ST's instead of Milton to get the six best corners.

Remember, this is real world, not Madden. All gunners are not created the same.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Right. A sixth CB is not really going to get much playing time so you can afford to keep him as the gunner. I mean he is a game changer. If no one steps up in that 5th WR spot it will be Rogers or pascal.

Game day roster limits will come into play in their decision.  If we go into cut down day with a starter nursing an injury, they may keep an extra guy at that spot.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GusFring said:

How does Brissett look compared to Luck in these practices?

Honestly, there really wasn’t a drop off in crispness or accuracy. I wouldn’t have been able to tell. Chad Kelly even had some really nice throws today.

Luck had some misses today, for sure.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Right. A sixth CB is not really going to get much playing time so you can afford to keep him as the gunner. I mean he is a game changer. If no one steps up in that 5th WR spot it will be Rogers or pascal.

The problem is that if he has to go in as CB - and he did - he can be a game changer as well, but in the negative way. I admit I don't know much about special teams other than kicking, but I can't imagine a gunner as game changer for extended period. It's not that kind of a position. A gunner can make turnover after turnover in one year, when all stars aligned, then no turnovers at all in the next, because it's not sustainable.

So if the Colts can find a guy, who is not-as-good-as-Milton, but decent as gunner, and good at playing his regular position, my vote is on that guy. But I'm just an armchair coach, and I am aware of it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

When you get time can you give us your impressions from today.

I think Campbell  may challenge  the colts rookie record for yards and tds held by hilton and Harrison. Assuming  he stays healthy  and gets the targets

2 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

The problem is that if he has to go in as CB - and he did - he can be a game changer as well, but in the negative way. I admit I don't know much about special teams other than kicking, but I can't imagine a gunner as game changer for extended period. It's not that kind of a position. A gunner can make turnover after turnover in one year, when all stars aligned, then no turnovers at all in the next, because it's not sustainable.

So if the Colts can find a guy, who is not-as-good-as-Milton, but decent as gunner, and good at playing his regular position, my vote is on that guy. But I'm just an armchair coach, and I am aware of it.

I agree milton leaves much to be desired  as a cb,but his gunner play is good

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I can see it now. In the playoffs  versus Patriots  and an injury happens  and milton comes in. Belichick  says let's  go after Milton.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

This may be a situation to watch.  If Banogu continues to impress, and Turay shows enough improvement, and with the addition of Muhammad and Houston, the 9-year veteran Sheard may become expendable.  Especially if Ballard wants to keep 4 RB's, 4 TE's, and 6 WR's on the roster.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

A 6th CB would never see the field. 6th CB would be inactive on gameday, unless he's a special teamer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

This may be a situation to watch.  If Banogu continues to impress, and Turay shows enough improvement, and with the addition of Muhammad and Houston, the 9-year veteran Sheard may become expendable.  Especially if Ballard wants to keep 4 RB's, 4 TE's, and 6 WR's on the roster.

Hate to say it, but Sheard’s Been my surprise cut all off-season.  Tough cut, bc he’s a hard-working team captain.  But youngsters of the future Turay, Muhammad, and Banogu need reps!

• Like 2