5.Chargers

6.Browns

1.Saints

2.Rams

3.Cowboys

4.Packers

5.Bears

6.Seahawks

This colts team imo has the best chance in a long time to be the top team in the AFC. The chiefs and pats lost their top receiving option with no replacement currently. I have the colts going 13-3 with a colts saints super bowl.

23 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Looks about right. Questions though. Why put the Steelers over Chargers and why the Browns over the Ravens? No Eagles at all?  You must be thinking Wentz isn’t going to play well. 

If the chiefs win the division then the highest seed the chargers can get is 5th. I dont trust the Ravens just yet. I need to see if Lamar Jackson can actually play QB. I need to see Wentz heathly before I consider the eagles. Their on the outside looking in for now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

1.Colts

2.Chiefs

3.Patriots

4.Steelers

5.Chargers

6.Browns

1.Saints

2.Rams

3.Cowboys

4.Packers

5.Bears

6.Seahawks

This colts team imo has the best chance in a long time to be the top team in the AFC. The chiefs and pats lost their top receiving option with no replacement currently. I have the colts going 13-3 with a colts saints super bowl.

From what I've seen, Hill is still on the team and they drafted Mecole Hardman (who is a Tyreek Hill clone) to replace him just in case. Chiefs are the favorites IMO. I think we finish 2nd or 3rd in the AFC with a tougher schedule.

• Like 2

I think the best record in the AFC will be 11-5, here's what I predict as an early prediction for the AFC:

1. Chiefs 11-5 - I have them beating us for the tiebreaker because I have us losing to them during the regular season. I don't think Mahomes will come close to the year he had last year but I can still see him throwing for 40 TD's and 4500 Yards. If they lose Hill that will be a blow and losing Houston and Ford puts a dent into their defense too. I do not see them going 12-4 again but can still see them getting the #1 seed.

2. Colts 11-5 - tougher schedule but seems reasonable, I think we get a bye week. Winners of the AFC South.

3. Patriots 10-6 - still will be real dangerous in the playoffs but I think record wise they fall off a tad. They will still win their division. They will win the tiebreaker over the Browns because they will beat the Brown at Gillette during the regular season.

4. Browns 10-6 - I have them winning the North, on paper the Steelers do not impress me and not sure Jackson can stay durable for the Ravens.

5. Chargers 11-5 - very tough wildcard team. Unfortunately for them they will end up 5th because they will lose the tiebreaker to the Chiefs somehow IMO.

6. This will be a crapshoot on who gets in, I will go with the Texans at 10-6. They have a knack of winning close games every year and still have a solid defense. Their defense was tied for 4th in the league in points allowed last season. Watson isn't great but he is good and he has a top 5 WR in Hopkins.  

It will take 10 wins to get in IMO.

• Like 1

I don't know about predictions, but I know this:  You better get the Patriots playing on the road because that's about the only way you have a chance in hell of beating them in the playoffs, and even that is no guarantee.

• Like 1

I am actually concerned about the Browns. Based on last year play and what they did offseason. Browns could be a paper tiger and overachieving last season but they have the right mixture to me. Colts should be top 3 as it looks on paper as well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

From what I've seen, Hill is still on the team and they drafted Mecole Hardman (who is a Tyreek Hill clone) to replace him just in case. Chiefs are the favorites IMO. I think we finish 2nd or 3rd in the AFC with a tougher schedule.

You think hill doesn't get suspended?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

You think hill doesn't get suspended?

He probably will, but it's unclear how long with Goddell as Commish, and the Chiefs were ready with Hardman to draft his replacement. I don't think it'll affect them too much with Mahomes at QB.

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Quote from CBS Sports, article listed below quote:

“The Chiefs announced Thursday that Hill has been banned indefinitely from all team activities after an audio recording surfaced in which the receiver's fiancee accused him of abusing their three-year-old son, Adam Teicher of ESPN.com reports. ‘We were deeply disturbed by what we heard [on the recorded conversation],’ general manager Brett Veach said. ‘We were deeply concerned. Now obviously we have great concern for [Hill's fiancee] Crystal [Espinal]. We are greatly concerned for Tyreek. But our main focus, our main concern, is with the young child.’”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/chiefs-tyreek-hill-banned-indefinitely-from-team/amp/

4 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Quote from CBS Sports, article listed below quote:

“The Chiefs announced Thursday that Hill has been banned indefinitely from all team activities after an audio recording surfaced in which the receiver's fiancee accused him of abusing their three-year-old son, Adam Teicher of ESPN.com reports. ‘We were deeply disturbed by what we heard [on the recorded conversation],’ general manager Brett Veach said. ‘We were deeply concerned. Now obviously we have great concern for [Hill's fiancee] Crystal [Espinal]. We are greatly concerned for Tyreek. But our main focus, our main concern, is with the young child.’”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/chiefs-tyreek-hill-banned-indefinitely-from-team/amp/

I remember reading that article, but Hill has yet to be suspended or put on the Commish's exempt list yet, so I'm waiting for that to be confirmed before downgrading the Chiefs record and playoff spot.

48 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He probably will, but it's unclear how long with Goddell as Commish, and the Chiefs were ready with Hardman to draft his replacement. I don't think it'll affect them too much with Mahomes at QB.

You think hill's production can be replaced that easily? Hill is argubly the best WR in the game

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

You think hill's production can be replaced that easily? Hill is argubly the best WR in the game

I do not, however, the Chiefs have arguably the best QB in the game in Mahomes. They have Kelce and Watkins still, and by drafting a Tyreek Hill clone in Hardman, he can at least somewhat replace him in the deep pass game, and the punt and kick return game. I do agree it's a downgrade, but they get the same type of player as Hill in Hardman, which will minimize the downgrade on the offense.

1. Chargers 12-4

2. Patriots 11-5

3. Colts 11-5

4. Steelers 10-6

5. Chiefs 11-5

6. Browns 9-7

1. Eagles 12-4

2. Bears 12-4

3. Falcons 11-5

4. Seahawks 10-6

5. Saints 10-6

6. Packers 10-6

Think the Saints take a step back and LAR completely disappoints 

11 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

1. Chargers 12-4

2. Patriots 11-5

3. Colts 11-5

4. Steelers 10-6

5. Chiefs 11-5

6. Browns 9-7

1. Eagles 12-4

2. Bears 12-4

3. Falcons 11-5

4. Seahawks 10-6

5. Saints 10-6

6. Packers 10-6

Think the Saints take a step back and LAR completely disappoints 

Why the faith in the Falcons? 

On 5/19/2019 at 12:33 AM, CR91 said:

1.Colts

2.Chiefs

3.Patriots

4.Steelers

5.Chargers

6.Browns

1.Saints

2.Rams

3.Cowboys

4.Packers

5.Bears

6.Seahawks

The Pats picked up K'Neal Harry with their first draft pick.  They also have added Demaryius Thomas, Dontrelle Inman and have retained Edleman.  Yes, they lost Gronk, but he also missed 13 games over the past 3 seasons and they still win without him.  They also have NYJ and Miami in their division (I think the AFC East has become the least competitive division in the NFL -- though, I think Buffalo is going to shock some people this year).  

On 5/19/2019 at 9:34 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

I am somewhat of a Mahommes skeptic.  He had a fantastic year last year, and played well in the post-season.  I think he'll continue to be up near the top in QBs in the league, though I have a hard time imagining he's going to reproduce what he did last year on a consistent basis.  NFL coaches sometimes take a year to figure things out, but I think he'll be contained much better this year after others have had a year of film on him to break down.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

The Pats picked up K'Neal Harry with their first draft pick.  They also have added Demaryius Thomas, Dontrelle Inman and have retained Edleman.  Yes, they lost Gronk, but he also missed 13 games over the past 3 seasons and they still win without him.  They also have NYJ and Miami in their division (I think the AFC East has become the least competitive division in the NFL -- though, I think Buffalo is going to shock some people this year).  

A rookie, a journeyman, and a guy coming off a ACL injury back in december is an upgrade?

1. Patriots 13-3 (play the Jets, Bills and Dolphins twice, plus the NFC East, I sense HFA again for the Patriots)

2. Chargers 12-4

3. Ravens 11-5

4. Colts 10-6 (loss to Chargers proves costly for tie-breakers but host Chiefs for a playoff game this time)

5. Chiefs 11-5

6. Browns 9-7

1. Packers 13-3

2. Falcons 12-4

3. Rams 11-5

4. Cowboys 10-6

5. Saints 11-5

6. Seahawks 11-5

2 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

am somewhat of a Mahommes skeptic.  He had a fantastic year last year, and played well in the post-season.  I think he'll continue to be up near the top in QBs in the league, though I have a hard time imagining he's going to reproduce what he did last year on a consistent basis.  NFL coaches sometimes take a year to figure things out, but I think he'll be contained much better this year after others have had a year of film on him to break down.

All it will take is one defensive coordinator to unlock the way to defend him and the others can quickly adjust. I’m sure they’ve all looked over film and have some ideas but KC will also add new wrinkles too and whoever adjusts faster wins. 

• Like 1

The Chiefs have a QB that is due for his "sophomore slump", without his top receiving option. Mahomes should come back to earth (not saying he will be bad), but he will absolutely not do what he did last season. 

The Colts should be in contention for the top seed...well from blue colored lenses, and only looking at paper

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

A rookie, a journeyman, and a guy coming off a ACL injury back in december is an upgrade?

Time will tell, but they've addressed their WR corps for sure.  As pointed out by many in another thread (I think in the General Football section), Inman isn't a lock to make the Pats, as they're deeper at WR this year than they have been probably since the Randy Moss days.

Losing Gronk is a blow, but Gronk has been injured or playing very hurt for the past 3 years.  And they've got a fairly talented TE group anyway.... they'll be just fine in that division, I'm sure.

1 minute ago, CurBeatElite said:

Time will tell, but they've addressed their WR corps for sure.  As pointed out by many in another thread (I think in the General Football section), Inman isn't a lock to make the Pats, as they're deeper at WR this year than they have been probably since the Randy Moss days.

Losing Gronk is a blow, but Gronk has been injured or playing very hurt for the past 3 years.  And they've got a fairly talented TE group anyway.... they'll be just fine in that division, I'm sure.

How are they deep? Other then Edelman who is 33, who do they have other then a rookie, a journeyman and another 30+ old WR coming off an ACL injury in December? Dorsett?

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

How are they deep? Other then Edelman who is 33, who do they have other then a rookie, a journeyman and another 30+ old WR coming off an ACL injury in December? Dorsett?

some might laugh at this, but they made a surprising move and tendered Josh gordon a few weeks ago.  i dont think hes done in the league and he was still very good at times last year

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

some might laugh at this, but they made a surprising move and tendered Josh gordon a few weeks ago.  i dont think hes done in the league and he was still very good at times last year

Can they really trust Gordon to stay clean? How many times has he been in and out

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Can they really trust Gordon to stay clean? How many times has he been in and out

i was surprised they tendered him tbh, they must think hes worth the risk and there is a decent chance he comes back

i was hoping the colts would make a move for him last year though.  if he didnt pan out we lose a 5th round pick, if he does then we get a very good player on a minimum contract.  

Just now, aaron11 said:

i was surprised they tendered him tbh, they must think hes worth the risk and there is a decent chance he comes back

i was hoping the colts would make a move for him last year though.  if he didnt pan out we lose a 5th round pick, if he does then we get a very good player on a minimum contract.  

Gordon is talented. No question, but that doesn't matter if hes not on the field.

1. Chargers 12-4

2. Colts 11-5

3. Patriots 10-6

4. Steelers 10-6

5. Chiefs 11-5

6. Browns 9-6-1 (couldn't decide on 9 or 10 wins)

1. Rams 12-4

2. Saints 12-4

3. Eagles 10-6

4. Packers 10-6

5. Bears 10-6

6. Cowboys 9-7

On 5/19/2019 at 5:41 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Depends on if our offense  can score versus chiefs

On 5/20/2019 at 3:00 PM, CurBeatElite said:

I am somewhat of a Mahommes skeptic.  He had a fantastic year last year, and played well in the post-season.  I think he'll continue to be up near the top in QBs in the league, though I have a hard time imagining he's going to reproduce what he did last year on a consistent basis.  NFL coaches sometimes take a year to figure things out, but I think he'll be contained much better this year after others have had a year of film on him to break down.

Not sure he puts up the numbers again, but what kind of sets him apart are his abilities to throw those crazy passes, scrambling when things breakdown, throwing guys open etc. Can't really scheme to stop much of that. He is going to be a thorn to our Colts for many years cause Chiefs vs Colts should be a great budding rivalry.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Not sure he puts up the numbers again, but what kind of sets him apart are his abilities to throw those crazy passes, scrambling when things breakdown, throwing guys open etc. Can't really scheme to stop much of that. He is going to be a thorn to our Colts for many years cause Chiefs vs Colts should be a great budding rivalry.

He's going to be a dynamic guy for sure, but teams will adjust better. Not saying they will shut him down, but he's not going to surprise people anymore. He's also going to take some big hits IMO this year. 

48 minutes ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

33 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

He's going to be a dynamic guy for sure, but teams will adjust better. Not saying they will shut him down, but he's not going to surprise people anymore. He's also going to take some big hits IMO this year. 

He is 6'3" 230 lbs, which is actually bigger than I thought he was.... but it seems like time and time again, QBs in the NFL that can't play in the pocket wind up getting figured out or taking the hits like Irish YJ is talking about.  Mahomes has the arms and the smarts to play in the pocket, and it may just be IMO, but his style of play just doesn't seem sustainable (heck, Luck scrambling at 6'4" 240+ lbs. almost got him killed... it didn't help he had no line until last year).  

Mahomes also lost his best two RBs from last year (Hunt and Ware) and his best WR (Hill) is suspended from all team activities while investigations continue to occur regarding him abusing his son.  

Andy Reed is one of the better coaches in the NFL, and he has created some very difficult to defend offensive teams.  That said, I think teams now know the ability of Mahomes and will be able to prepare for him better, especially with him missing several of the weapons that bailed him out.

I like watching the guy play, and for the sake of the game and him, I hope he stays healthy.  However, I can't imagine he's going to reproduce a year like he had last year again this year given that d-coord's have a year of film on him and he's down his two best weapons.... we'll see, I guess.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

He is 6'3" 230 lbs, which is actually bigger than I thought he was.... but it seems like time and time again, QBs in the NFL that can't play in the pocket wind up getting figured out or taking the hits like Irish YJ is talking about.  Mahomes has the arms and the smarts to play in the pocket, and it may just be IMO, but his style of play just doesn't seem sustainable (heck, Luck scrambling at 6'4" 240+ lbs. almost got him killed... it didn't help he had no line until last year).  

Mahomes also lost his best two RBs from last year (Hunt and Ware) and his best WR (Hill) is suspended from all team activities while investigations continue to occur regarding him abusing his son.  

Andy Reed is one of the better coaches in the NFL, and he has created some very difficult to defend offensive teams.  That said, I think teams now know the ability of Mahomes and will be able to prepare for him better, especially with him missing several of the weapons that bailed him out.

I like watching the guy play, and for the sake of the game and him, I hope he stays healthy.  However, I can't imagine he's going to reproduce a year like he had last year again this year given that d-coord's have a year of film on him and he's down his two best weapons.... we'll see, I guess.

I guarantee Andy is working with him to stay in the pocket. He had happy feet even with a solid/clean pocket. I think it's just his style. And it'll get him killed if he doesn't adjust and learn IMO. I get that Ds react when his feet get happy, and that opens up lanes, but it also opens him up for injury. He's exciting to watch though, but won't be if he's in traction lol.