Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Parris Campbell already Impressing

5 hours ago, Flash7 said:

People are going to be wondering how he fell to us and got paired up with Luck. 

You can call it what you want but it's pretty amazing this happened free. I still feel that Rock ya sin is going to be outstanding too. Very good time to be a Colts fan!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, indyagent17 said:

You can call it what you want but it's pretty amazing this happened free. I still feel that Rock ya sin is going to be outstanding too. Very good time to be a Colts fan!

I agree, both Charlie Casserly and Bucky Brooks felt he was a 1st round talent, and despite being called a press corner, showed at the Combine that he had the ability to play off the receiver.

5 hours ago, Dudley Smith said:

As an avid Spartan fan I found it humorous how everyone was dogging my boy Khari Willis. Can't wait for him to prove everyone wrong. He is one of those guys that is always in the right place at the right time and was the heart and soul of one of the best defenses (not named Bama or Clemson) in the nation last year in the college ranks.

Won't be shocked when he is starting by the end of the season next year.

If he does it will be due to injury’s, I don’t expect him to come in and learn the defense as fast as the vets. I’m sure he will make an impact situationally but I don’t see him starting at all this season unless there is an injury to Geathers. 

Makes me respect Ballard and Co. They got that extra pick for next year, most likely in the first half of the second round, and also went "4 for 4!". You could argue they got 2 first round guys in the 2nd (Rock and Parris), and still gained an extra pick. Pure genius. That's the stuff that gets franchises on top. 

• Like 2

Parris is coming in hot! I don't wanna get too excited, because I'm sure the media is probably hyping everyone and their mom up, and we as the most hardcore of fans eat it up. We're like "Luck's gonna throw 80 TDs next year!" Or "We're a lock for 15 straight SB appearances!" (These are obviously exaggerations, some ppl can't tell). Besides, I'm sure Moncrief and other 1st round disappointments were hyped up...so yeah. 

1 hour ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Parris is coming in hot! I don't wanna get too excited, because I'm sure the media is probably hyping everyone and their mom up, and we as the most hardcore of fans eat it up. We're like "Luck's gonna throw 80 TDs next year!" Or "We're a lock for 15 straight SB appearances!" (These are obviously exaggerations, some ppl can't tell). Besides, I'm sure Moncrief and other 1st round disappointments were hyped up...so yeah. 

Moncrief wasn’t taken in the 1st

3 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Cain. The only 1st ballot HOF'er never to have played a snap in the pro game. Tickles me it does.

Nobody said that, that's a ridiculous statement. Neither has Campbell, or any other rookie for that matter, just like last year, but people can have high hopes for Pete's sake.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Nobody said that, that's a ridiculous statement. Neither has Campbell, or any other rookie for that matter, just like last year, but people can have high hopes for Pete's sake.

Sometimes. Just sometimes, you have to read between the lines.....

1 hour ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Yeah, I meant to put Dorsett there. Spaced out lol

Met some guy on Twitter  that compared Dorsett to Campbell, but the only similarity  I see is speed. Campbell is more elusive than dorsett

8 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Met some guy on Twitter  that compared Dorsett to Campbell, but the only similarity  I see is speed. Campbell is more elusive than dorsett

Campbell is a lot bigger too. Built more like a RB. Also what's between the ears will take you further. The character and drive to want to learn and go to next level. I see that in Campbell also. I honestly don't know what or why was Dorset's deal

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Campbell is a lot bigger too. Built more like a RB. Also what's between the ears will take you further. The character and drive to want to learn and go to next level. I see that in Campbell also. I honestly don't know what or why was Dorset's deal

Yea both dorsett and Richardson  were head scratchers to me.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Someone at work mentioned that they thought Paris was a Dorsett clone then I stumbled across this article.  I didn’t realize Paris was much larger, 3”, 20 lbs and a larger wingspan and even faster with regards to certain drills ect.  

I remember seeing this guy take over many OSU games but I don’t know much about him besides he’s an athletic freak of nature.  

Really glad this guy is on our team.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Somebody suggested that Cain might turn out to be better than DEVIN FUNCHESS. Have you ever heard such crazy hype? Better than FUNCHESS???  Better than the Devin Funchess? That is insane, impossible, and an insult to the possibility that Funchess could be pretty good, probably not great, but pretty good playing with Andrew Luck. I believe this poster was also implying, if you can believe it, that Cain could be better than Rogers, Fountain, Pascal, and even Marcus Freakin Johnson. If you're going to say that, it is the SAME thing as calling Cain a first ballot Hall of Famer. 

Paris looks like he going to a nice addition. But what a great season from Paris Campbell hinges on is the health of Ty. As long as Ty is healthy number 15 should be unstoppable. At times last year Ty was drawing double and triple teams. Covering Paris one on one with that quickness and speed looks like a big play waiting to happen. 

I hope 3 things from the WR group as a whole.

1. The good health of Ty Hilton

2. An injury free year for Paris

3. That Paris comes to practice and game day with an edge or plays like he’s hungry for perfection 

• Like 1

What is going to be fun watching Campbell is he has no pressure. He won’t have to worry about double teams or anything. We have so many weapons he should be able to make a impact right away. Listened to a podcast last night and they mentioned because of Luck and all the weapons the colts have he could win OROY.

Just now, stitches said:

This guy is looking like the real deal. How fun.

• Like 1