Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

First draft pick?

dodsworth

What is our first pick in the draft?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What is our first pick in the draft?

• D lineman
    • Linebacker
    • Cornerback
    • Safety
    • O lineman
    • Tight end
    • Wideout/slot
    • Running back

I'm sticking with what Ballard is shoveling.  He has said you win up front in this league, and I don't think he's done on either side yet.  Before yesterday, I WOULD have said DE or pass rushing LB.  Now, I say he goes DT or OT.  My gut says he'll have more value at DT since there are more of those top guys available.  The Colts scouts reportedly had interest in Dexter Lawrence at his pro day.  He is reported to maybe be available where the Colts pick.  That would be my favorite at this point.  If not him then Tillery from ND.

All of a sudden this defense could be pretty darn good.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Whats not to like about  Thornhill?  Except with his super athleticism,  he seems more Free than Strong safety to me.    Do you think CGJ is big enough to play the strong?  

Just asking...

We could definitely use another safety that can cover in passing downs.

A young one to develop that can work with or replace Hooker if he goes down.

Safe to say they will look for that type of athlete in the draft. jmo

I know we don't run an identical defense to what we ran under Dungy, but it's close enough for me to frame my opinion as the following.

If you remember we had a great defensive coach. We had one of the best DE tandems in history. We had competent corners and  line backers as well a great pair of safeties in Sanders and Bethea. What always seemed to be the missing the missing piece was DT. When we finally found one ( Booger) boom! we win the Super Bowl!  

So, being that this draft seems to have a couple potential high impact DT's that could be available at 26 (possible even at the top of the second round) I say lets get that box checked now and move on. 

2 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

The Colts scouts reportedly had interest in Dexter Lawrence at his pro day.  He is reported to maybe be available where the Colts pick.  That would be my favorite at this point.  If not him then Tillery from ND.

I hope they are targeting Lawrence. He's the guy I want at #26 if he's there. I wouldn't mind Tillery as a consolation prize either. 

• Like 1

There will be better DBs at our position than D linemen. The good DBs are going to drop due to the the amount if D line that are going early. So essentially we can get the 3rd best DB while it might be the 12th best D line available. The DBs, possibly WR, will be the BPA not D line.

People likely available at 26th

Devon Bush - ILB

Greedy Williams - DB

DeAndre Baker - DB

Byron Murphy - DB

Marquisr Brown - WR

Jerry Tillery - DT

Jachai Polite - OLB

Jeffrey Simmons - DT

A.J Brown - WR

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I'm sticking with what Ballard is shoveling.  He has said you win up front in this league, and I don't think he's done on either side yet.  Before yesterday, I WOULD have said DE or pass rushing LB.  Now, I say he goes DT or OT.  My gut says he'll have more value at DT since there are more of those top guys available.  The Colts scouts reportedly had interest in Dexter Lawrence at his pro day.  He is reported to maybe be available where the Colts pick.  That would be my favorite at this point.  If not him then Tillery from ND.

All of a sudden this defense could be pretty darn good.

Lawrence could make it to the second round for us. There may be better available, but after the first 9 or 10 are gone its a toss up. I do believe that many D line will be gone by that time, which leads me to picking up a top DB instead of a mid tier DL.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Unless a blue chip DE is still there, I’d like to see a DT to start over Stewart. Ballard spoke about getting pressure up the middle but they still need a solid run defender.

I do trust Ballard & Co with whatever they decide. 

Houston is very good vs the run. I'm all about the DT with the first pick. I think Simmons (who is uber talented)  will be available, but hate drafting a guy who just got injured and waiting another year for him. I'd guess we end up with Tillery, Wilkens, or Lawrence. 

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Lawrence could make it to the second round for us. There may be better available, but after the first 9 or 10 are gone its a toss up. I do believe that many D line will be gone by that time, which leads me to picking up a top DB instead of a mid tier DL.

from a pure ratings perspective, it's much more likely to a higher rated DT available than a S. Most mocks have Tillery, Lawrence, and Wilkens being available in that 25-32 space. All three of those are 6.0+ rated guys. I know NFL.com ratings aren't perfect, but they are a good guide, and better than most.

In terms of S, there are zero Ss rated above 5.91 this year. Very meh class in terms of top talent. But a great class in terms of "good" depth. There are 15 guys in that same tier (5.5-5.99). I'd rather get a guy like Thornhill, CG-J, or Hooker who are 5.7-5.9 later. I like Thornhill better than the guys in the 5.9 range anyway. But those three can be taken late 2nd, maybe 3rd.

CBs, a few top guys, but they will be gone. The ones available will be rated the same or below the DTs available. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irish YJ said:

Houston is very good vs the run. I'm all about the DT with the first pick. I think Simmons (who is uber talented)  will be available, but hate drafting a guy who just got injured and waiting another year for him. I'd guess we end up with Tillery, Wilkens, or Lawrence. 

I'd rather wait a year and get Simmons hes better then the 3 you mention Wilkins also most likely wont even be available at 26 so it's not relevant 

29 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'd rather wait a year and get Simmons hes better then the 3 you mention Wilkins also most likely wont even be available at 26 so it's not relevant 

NFL.com's latest draft has Wilkins going 31 (and us taking Lawrence at 26), CBS has Wilkens going 25, and us taking Lawrence again. Draftek has him going 24th. He's in mid 20s to low 30s in just about every decent mock. Could be very relevant. 

I'd take Tillery and not bat an eye. He'll be highly productive and has position flexibility to play NT, DT, and even a heavy DE. He can line up all over the place and has the height and arm length to be a ball batter monster. 

14 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

NFL.com's latest draft has Wilkins going 31 (and us taking Lawrence at 26), CBS has Wilkens going 25, and us taking Lawrence again. Draftek has him going 24th. He's in mid 20s to low 30s in just about every decent mock. Could be very relevant. 

I'd take Tillery and not bat an eye. He'll be highly productive and has position flexibility to play NT, DT, and even a heavy DE. He can line up all over the place and has the height and arm length to be a ball batter monster. 

if we take lawrence at 26 I'm gonna puke 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

if we take lawrence at 26 I'm gonna puke 

He's good against the run, but average vs pass. I won't puke, but it will be a huge meh for me.

Wilkens if available, Tillery if not, and if both of them are gone....... then a decision between Lawrence and Simmons (who will use 2019 to recover and get healthy). 

6 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

He's good against the run, but average vs pass. I won't puke, but it will be a huge meh for me.

Wilkens if available, Tillery if not, and if both of them are gone....... then a decision between Lawrence and Simmons (who will use 2019 to recover and get healthy). 

I'll still take Simmons over them all 

13 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'll still take Simmons over them all 

If he were healthy, I would too. Couple problems with a situation like this... 1) you miss out on any production year one. 2) year two is getting back in game shape, especially for O or D line, and 3) he may never get back to form.

I'd take Tillery over that all day long. Lawrence is something I'd have to dig in on. He is good against the run, and KC did run on us early and often. 

1 hour ago, Irish YJ said:

If he were healthy, I would too. Couple problems with a situation like this... 1) you miss out on any production year one. 2) year two is getting back in game shape, especially for O or D line, and 3) he may never get back to form.

I'd take Tillery over that all day long. Lawrence is something I'd have to dig in on. He is good against the run, and KC did run on us early and often. 

and if he was healthy he would be a top 10 pick? you cant be picky when a top 10 to 15 player drops to 26 CBS has tillery at like the 32 best player with simmions still ahead of him 

40 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

and if he was healthy he would be a top 10 pick? you cant be picky when a top 10 to 15 player drops to 26 CBS has tillery at like the 32 best player with simmions still ahead of him 

Mocks have been very slow to drop Simmons, but it has definitely trended that way the last few weeks. It's not really about being picky. It really depends on the team's need and current situation. If they are trying to win now (which the Colts are sorta in win now mode), you don't go with Simmons. If you don't have a franchise QB, or building or rebuilding, and you have 1.5 to 2 years for recovery, then Simmons might be a great value/gamble. 

19 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

IMO needs based priority (post Houton, Geathers, Desier) is

Tier 1

1) NT,

Tier 2

2a) WR, or

2b) SS,

Tier 3

4a) MLB,

4b) T 

4c) CB

Tier 4

7a) DE

7b) G

7C) TE

7d) RB

At 26, we'll have low 6.XX rated guys at NT, WR, CB, and T available. At 34 we'll have guys in the high 5.9Xs. The delta between their ratings is going to be very small. I can't see them going anywhere but DT with the first pick if that's correct. I sure as sheet don't see Ballard going BPA if the highest rated guy is WR, which very well could be the case with Brown. An OT could also be the BPA, and I can't see them taking a first round T with Smith and AC given the iDL need. There is no S in the class rated 6. or above. A SS could be a BPA at 34 maybe, but it's more likely that the delta closes a bit later. 

I really liked the Coltswire mock below pub'd yesterday, although I'd take a WR faster than Harry. I doubt they go WR1 regardless, but loved the S pick up at 59. I could see us going 89 for S too. Of course Edge won't likely happen at 89 now. 

Harry would be a fine pick and Campbell might fill a better need as far as an upgrade in the slot, maybe a bit faster. Another poster mentioned a LT, Little I think, sounded like a guy with a ton of upside, if coached correctly. With the way the FA has gone so far, a potential based pick on a tackle could happen early. 

8 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

Mocks have been very slow to drop Simmons, but it has definitely trended that way the last few weeks. It's not really about being picky. It really depends on the team's need and current situation. If they are trying to win now (which the Colts are sorta in win now mode), you don't go with Simmons. If you don't have a franchise QB, or building or rebuilding, and you have 1.5 to 2 years for recovery, then Simmons might be a great value/gamble. 

I highly doubt the colts are in win now mode like most fans seem to think

we also are not in dire need of a DT like most think either

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I highly doubt the colts are in win now mode like most fans seem to think 

depends how you define win now. i don't define it as "throw every dollar to win now". I define it as knowing your team, and picking your moments. 

it's not only about the wait or gamble. taking an injured player in the first has big time $$ implications. Obviously you are paying for an unproductive body for at least a year, but you also lose the "draft" benefit. One of the advantages of drafting a guy in the first, is getting a stud on the cheap for a few years before you have to pay his worth. Waiting a year or two for him to get back to form negates that benefit big time. it's very possible he gets back to form in year 3, demands a bunch of money, and then goes somewhere else lol. Or he doesn't get back to form at all. 

13 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

we also are not in dire need of a DT like most think either

we're not in dire need of any one position. but our biggest need is DT, and it's one of two positions (the other WR), that has the greatest potential to impact pure point differential. 

19 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

we're not in dire need of any one position. but our biggest need is DT, and it's one of two positions (the other WR), that has the greatest potential to impact pure point differential. 

I sure dont see it as our biggest need getting abused over the middle is way more important than getting a better DT we have good players there currently so Ballard isnt going to panic like some here are about our DTs

we are set up perfectly to take literally any position we want 

54 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I sure dont see it as our biggest need getting abused over the middle is way more important than getting a better DT we have good players there currently so Ballard isnt going to panic like some here are about our DTs

we are set up perfectly to take literally any position we want 

I'd bet "what we want" ends up being a DT lol. 

Ballard is building from the inside out and has stated he wants "Dominant" players on the inside of the D-line. It's a key to his build strategy and he'll snatch one with his #1 in a heartbeat if there's one on the board. I can also see him making a move to get one if he can get the right trade.

So, DT #1

12 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Jeffrey Simmons - DT: 6.67

Greedy Williams - DB: 6.21

Marquise Brown - WR: 6.18

DeAndre Baker - DB: 6.15

A.J Brown - WR: 6.08

Jerry Tillery - DT: 6.03

Devon Bush - ILB.  5.99

Byron Murphy - DB: 5.95

Jachai Polite - OLB: 5.91

Of the players I named, I added their ratings above. If they are all available, I would pick one of the two DBs (Williams or Baker) over Simmons..

10 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

from a pure ratings perspective, it's much more likely to a higher rated DT available than a S. Most mocks have Tillery, Lawrence, and Wilkens being available in that 25-32 space. All three of those are 6.0+ rated guys. I know NFL.com ratings aren't perfect, but they are a good guide, and better than most.

In terms of S, there are zero Ss rated above 5.91 this year. Very meh class in terms of top talent. But a great class in terms of "good" depth. There are 15 guys in that same tier (5.5-5.99). I'd rather get a guy like Thornhill, CG-J, or Hooker who are 5.7-5.9 later. I like Thornhill better than the guys in the 5.9 range anyway. But those three can be taken late 2nd, maybe 3rd.

CBs, a few top guys, but they will be gone. The ones available will be rated the same or below the DTs available. 

17 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Of the players I named, I added their ratings above. If they are all available, I would pick one of the two DBs (Williams or Baker) over Simmons..

i'd bet a good amount of cash that Williams is not there. 

baker is dropping fast due to combine flags per several stories i've seen. had some very bad interviews with multiple teams. didn't have the best rep at UGA (I'm in ATL and hear all the Dwag crap constantly). not sure he would be a Ballard guy.

even without the baker flags, i'd still take Tillery. the difference is ratings is very small. and he is absolutely the kind of kid you want in the locker room. i could easily see him coaching some day if not running for office lol. he was student body president at ND. and i love his position flexibility and rare height and radius for a DL.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

i'd bet a good amount of cash that Williams is not there. 

baker is dropping fast due to combine flags per several stories i've seen. had some very bad interviews with multiple teams. didn't have the best rep at UGA (I'm in ATL and hear all the Dwag crap constantly). not sure he would be a Ballard guy.

even without the baker flags, i'd still take Tillery. the difference is ratings is very small. and he is absolutely the kind of kid you want in the locker room. i could easily see him coaching some day if not running for office lol. he was student body president at ND. and i love his position flexibility and rare height and radius for a DL.

I disagree with none of that

Just now, Narcosys said:

I disagree with none of that

as is your right.. 

baker is dropping though. rotoworld and a few other sites reported the flags. and... i can tell you he absolutely has a rep at UGA. and it's very hard to get a rep at UGA.... lol.

wanna maker a wager about greedy being available at 26?

4 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

as is your right.. 

baker is dropping though. rotoworld and a few other sites reported the flags. and... i can tell you he absolutely has a rep at UGA. and it's very hard to get a rep at UGA.... lol.

wanna maker a wager about greedy being available at 26?

Read that again, I think you misunderstood lol

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Narcosys said:

There will be better DBs at our position than D linemen. The good DBs are going to drop due to the the amount if D line that are going early. So essentially we can get the 3rd best DB while it might be the 12th best D line available. The DBs, possibly WR, will be the BPA not D line.

People likely available at 26th

Devon Bush - ILB

Greedy Williams - DB

DeAndre Baker - DB  ***

Byron Murphy - DB

Marquisr Brown - WR

Jerry Tillery - DT

Jachai Polite - OLB

Jeffrey Simmons - DT

A.J Brown - WR

Good post.

DeAndre Baker - DB

That is who Pat Kirwan chose for the Colts in the MTC mock draft #1 (no trades allowed in this draft, straight up picks). Said he wasn't getting WR in round 1, and Baker reminds him of Richard Sherman.  Aggressive, can play press man, likes to get his hands on the ball, knows how to bunt the ball out from receivers. Plays with confidence.  I'm sure we'd bring him in for personal workout and Psych evaluation with Brian Decker before doing this.

I've seen where he lands with the Chiefs at #29 too. PK likes him better than Greedy Williams (at least to the Colts).

PK has watched him the the LSU game, and South Carolina game (true coaches tape, and PK has said he has watched tape on about 220 players for this draft).

Now next week they do a mock with trades.  We all know that will happen in the real draft, so I'm interested to see who Pat and Jim wheel and deal.  I'll see who the Colts get off the board then. 

But here is how this mock draft went-

Moving the Chains no-trade mock draft  (Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan Rock the Mock)

1.  Nick Bosa   (JM)  Arizona
2.  Quinnen Williams (PK)  49'ers
3.  Josh Allen (JM) Jets
4.  Devin White (PK) Raiders
5.  Montez Sweat (JM) Buccaneers
6.  Chrisitian Wilkins  (PK)  Giants
7.  Ed Oliver (JM) Jaguars
8.  Rashan Gary (PK) Lions
9.  T.J. Hockenson (JM) Bills
10. Andre Dillard (PK) Broncos
11. Kyler Murray (JM) Bengals
12. Dexter Lawrence (PK) Packers
13. Dwayne Haskins (JM) Dolphins
14. Jeffrey Simmons (PK) Falcons
15. Drew Lock (JM) Redskins
16. Clelin Ferrell (PK) Panthers
17. Daniel Jones (JM) Giants - from Browns
18. Jonah Williams (PK) Vikings
19. Noah Fant (JM) Titans
20. Devin Bush (PK) Steelers
21. Jewan Taylor (JM) Seahawks
22. Brian Burns (PK) Ravens
23. Cody Ford (JM) Texans
24. Jaylon Ferguson (PK) Raiders
25. Josh Jacobs (JM)  Eagles
26. Deandre Baker (PK) Colts (CB)
27. Irv Smith Jr. (JM) Raiders
28. Mack Wilson (PK) Chargers
29. Garrett Bradbury (JM) Chiefs
30. Greg Little (PK) Packers
31. D.K. Metcalf (JM) Rams
32. Jachai Polite (PK) Patriots

• Like 1

on Baker. he's dropping.

there's more out there to read if you care to google. 

as i shared before, baker kinda had a "rep" at UGA which is a hard place to have a rep lol..

anyway, not sure he's a guy ballard would want at all, let alone at 26 with our first. 

now if he fell to 59, i'll take him and his rep  :-)

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller reports that Georgia CB Deandre Baker is falling down draft boards because of "bad interviews".

This is more confirmation of Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson report from earlier this week. Before the draft process started, Baker (5'11/193) was widely considered as a Round 1 prospect, but this is a perfect example of interviews mattering. On the field, Baker was dominant in coverage, allowing less than 5.0 yards per target. Clearly a boom-or-bust prospect, Baker's draft pick range is starting to widen.

Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson writes that there's a perception that Georgia CB Deandre Baker "seems to be slipping a bit in the process."

Robinson passes along that Baker's showing at the combine in terms of his speed testing and subsequent drill work left something to be desired. There were also some rumors from Indianapolis that the 5-foot-11, 193-pound corner did not appear to have taken his combine prep -- or his interviews -- maybe as seriously as he should have. Baker shouldn't be ruled out for a Day 1 selection, but his footing for the draft is probably somewhat more wobbly now than it was two months ago.

29 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

on Baker. he's dropping.

there's more out there to read if you care to google. 

as i shared before, baker kinda had a "rep" at UGA which is a hard place to have a rep lol..

anyway, not sure he's a guy ballard would want at all, let alone at 26 with our first. 

Ballard has been through that before, with a player that was kicked off his college team, not just a bad rep.  Marcus Peters.  Now he has that experience and Brian Decker as final filter.  If he is a fit, and a potential day 1 player, teams (including the Colts) will spend large sums of money, time, and resources investigating (at minimum) potential round 1 selections.  Great drafting teams do their own work, perform due diligence, and ignore the 'noise' out there. Here's Ballard telling the story about Peters-

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/04/10/chris-ballard-marcus-peters-chiefs-nfl-draft-process/

now if he fell to 59, i'll take him and his rep  :-)

Of course, but unless something big that blows up from here, he won't be there at #59.  But this is a guy that if Ballard is interested, will bring in for a private personal workout doing drills that matter to Eberflus and his system, interview, and meet with Brian Decker.  The results there will tip the scales one way or the other from he was on the board.  But I see your point about murmurings.  And if Colts never bring him in at some point, maybe he is off the radar.  We'll see.

I'm not sure if Kirwan counts character rumors during 'Lying Season' into his decisions right now.  Teams, agents, etc have been known to float rumors as a smoke screen about players.  And I've heard stories about players blowing off interviews to teams they may not want to play for.  IE: If I'm a cornerback, and interviewing with a team known to be stacked with an excellent secondary, even in depth, then the chances of playing there aren't as rosy as other destinations.  The interview might not go as well there, and, things leak...

I'd say, 'Trust nobody, do your own work.'

53 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Ballard has been through that before, with a player that was kicked off his college team, not just a bad rep.  Marcus Peters.  Now he has that experience and Brian Decker as final filter.  If he is a fit, and a potential day 1 player, teams (including the Colts) will spend large sums of money, time, and resources investigating (at minimum) potential round 1 selections.  Great drafting teams do their own work, perform due diligence, and ignore the 'noise' out there. Here's Ballard telling the story about Peters-

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/04/10/chris-ballard-marcus-peters-chiefs-nfl-draft-process/

Of course, but unless something big that blows up from here, he won't be there at #59.  But this is a guy that if Ballard is interested, will bring in for a private personal workout doing drills that matter to Eberflus and his system, interview, and meet with Brian Decker.  The results there will tip the scales one way or the other from he was on the board.  But I see your point about murmurings.  And if Colts never bring him in at some point, maybe he is off the radar.  We'll see.

I'm not sure if Kirwan counts character rumors during 'Lying Season' into his decisions right now.  Teams, agents, etc have been known to float rumors as a smoke screen about players.  And I've heard stories about players blowing off interviews to teams they may not want to play for.  IE: If I'm a cornerback, and interviewing with a team known to be stacked with an excellent secondary, even in depth, then the chances of playing there aren't as rosy as other destinations.  The interview might not go as well there, and, things leak...

I'd say, 'Trust nobody, do your own work.'

yup i know they will do their homework. all teams do.

it's not that i think Ballard will shy away from an "incident" or simple flag in general, but i think he might shy away from a personality type. and IMO, that's what Baker has. again, only my opinion, but I don't think it's a simple case of a kid doing something boneheaded and out of character. 

and i was being funny about 59 ;-_ hence the smile.

53 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

yup i know they will do their homework. all teams do.

it's not that i think Ballard will shy away from an "incident" or simple flag in general, but i think he might shy away from a personality type.

Ballard is top tier in talent evaluation, but the character issues are the precise reason He/Colts have Brian Decker on board-

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/17255219/green-beret-brian-decker-thinks-improve-success-rate-nfl-first-round-draft-picks

I think he had a say in our incredible rookies to accentuate the scouts/coaches and Ballards work.

and IMO, that's what Baker has. again, only my opinion, but I don't think it's a simple case of a kid doing something boneheaded and out of character. 

I only know there are rumors... no facts.  If there are facts, the Colts will find and evaluate them. I'm not worried on that front.

and i was being funny about 59 ;-_ hence the smile.

:-^

44 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Ballard is top tier in talent evaluation, but the character issues are the precise reason He/Colts have Brian Decker on board-

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/17255219/green-beret-brian-decker-thinks-improve-success-rate-nfl-first-round-draft-picks

I think he had a say in our incredible rookies to accentuate the scouts/coaches and Ballards work.

I only know there are rumors... no facts.  If there are facts, the Colts will find and evaluate them. I'm not worried on that front.

:-^

ya gotta love an X LC of SF grooming character lol.

i read an article on ballard comparing years one and two with the colts, and a little contrast with KC. good read. it wasn't all roses about ballard, but still impressive. been trying to find that damn article again so i can post it. anyway, it talked about him learning from his mistakes (he's not perfect). one thing that does concern me a bit, is that people will begin to expect draft classes like 2018 every year. and that isn't happening. his first year here (2017) wasn't perfect by any means. 

In looking back at the past super bowl winners that ran a cover 2 defense like we do,    I find the Bucs, the Bears and the Colts in recent history.  Maybe others I didn't find them.

But anyway,   Out of those three teams.   2 winners.   1 loser.   How many pro bowl corner backs played on those teams?   

I'm just saying there is no need for a pro bowl cb in this defense.    

Key positions.  DE.   3 Tech SS  MLB and WSLB.    The rest of the players are roll players.   Yes. It would be a luxury to have probowlers at 11 positions on D.  But cb is not a huge need.   

• Like 1