Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We're coming KC!!!!!!

CR91

1 hour ago, CantBeStopped said:

Man just read thru 12 pages of nonsense on chiefsplanet. We shouldn't even show up on Saturday. We stand no chance at beating them :lol:

They pull that nonsense with nearly every team, although the Seahawks freaked them out, especially coming after our team beating them at Arrowhead.

Very interesting matchup. This defense has played well since the turnaround started but I think this is the definitive test for them. We’ve proved we can stop the run, but now we’re seeing a top passing game, something we haven’t seen during the run. 

On the the flip side of the ball, I don’t think we’ve seen a defense that is as statistically bad as they are in quite a few weeks. However, I do expect them to come with an invigorated game come Saturday. 

This is a game I  truly on the fence about. I think this is a 50/50 game. 

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

He's really a rookie IMO.  Didn't play last year I believe. 

He played against the Raiders in the final game of the 2017 season. Andy Reid said that one of the biggest reasons that they traded Alex Smith and went with Mahomes had to do with Mahomes' performance in the Raiders' game and how management felt that he elevated the Chiefs' offense.

Having said that, the divisional playoff is his first postseason game and QB's in their first playoff game do not do well.

With any luck, maybe the bye will slow their start a little.

our last two fast starts in Tenn And Houston are encouraging.

if we get up on THEM , it takes away their defensive strengrh...:the pass rush.

Perhaps what impresses me the most about the "changes" is the fact that Frank seems to have this team prepared, confident, and motivated.... every week.   Playcalling us pretty on-point too.  

A wonderful thing.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, jachba said:

He played against the Raiders in the final game of the 2017 season. Andy Reid said that one of the biggest reasons that they traded Alex Smith and went with Mahomes had to do with Mahomes' performance in the Raiders' game and how management felt that he elevated the Chiefs' offense.

Having said that, the divisional playoff is his first postseason game and QB's in their first playoff game do not do well.

It sure seemed to rattle Watson today.

Reid has a 20-3 record coming out of a bye.

16-3 in the regular season and 4-0 in the post season.

History says we don’t have any shot next week......going to be very interesting to see what we scheme up on offense next week to keep up with the Chiefs.

1 hour ago, kornstar said:

History says we don’t have any shot next week......going to be very interesting to see what we scheme up on offense next week to keep up with the Chiefs.

how is that when the Colts are 4-0 against them in the postseason? 

• Like 1

This has the "feel" to me of '95.  We had a bunch of over-achievers, similarities on O and D, similaities in coach (Marchibroda), and a bunch of young guys flying around with a bunch of confidence and love for each other.

And if you remember, we surprised a highly favored KC team in their own house too.

This team reminds me so much of the end of that season.

"Let 'er Rip"

1 hour ago, kornstar said:

History was meant to be changed.

40 minutes ago, strt182 said:

how is that when the Colts are 4-0 against them in the postseason? 

That stat is specifically when Andy Reid has had a bye. I was just pointing out that Reid is pretty good after the bye with his planning.

20 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

History was meant to be changed.

Damn straight it is........

Not having a bye week was the best thing for this young team. Going out there vs the Texans in a playoff atmosphere and winning, was invaluable exoereience. Isn't chiefs QB basically a rookie? First playoff game? Or am I wrong? I always hated the bye week in the playoffs. It would seem the "hotter" team came into our house after just beating a team and playing even hotter by the time they get to us in the playoffs.

I would be worried if I were a chiefs fan (they're not I checked out their forum) because of Reid's record along with their inexperienced QB. I'd be more worried about their HC choking again than anything else.

Chiefs fans think their QB is the knight in shining armor that is going to break the curse they know as the Indianapolis Colts football team.

While we are over here hating the likes of the Patriots we got teams like the Chiefs, Titans, Texans, Broncos who hate our guts lmao

• Like 1

My take on this is that the more balanced team has the advantage; that being the Colts. Offensively, Colts and Chiefs are ranked 7th and 1st respectively. But defensively, they are 11th (Colts) and 31st (Chiefs). So clearly the Colts are the more balanced team, and I think that bodes well. In my mind, it comes down to how well Eberflus adapts. They can't sit back there in zone coverage all day.

13 hours ago, krunk said:

Problem is Houston almost never sends Coutee deep. Kansas City will most definitely go deep to Hill and even more.

If that is the case I hope Hooker will have his time to shine in the spotlight....but they'll likely go to Geather's side...lol...

1 hour ago, masterlock said:

My take on this is that the more balanced team has the advantage; that being the Colts. Offensively, Colts and Chiefs are ranked 7th and 1st respectively. But defensively, they are 11th (Colts) and 31st (Chiefs). So clearly the Colts are the more balanced team, and I think that bodes well. In my mind, it comes down to how well Eberflus adapts. They can't sit back there in zone coverage all day.

I have a feeling we won't.  Mahomes will carve us up, so I'm sure there will be some pressure added in.

12 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

That is great.  The further this team goes the more his name gets mentioned as mud.   I love it.  I’m so glad he isn’t the coach 

I don't know why he gets so much hype this time of year when he was the head coach of the broncos he was garbage and his players hated him.

• Like 1

IMOP if the Colts play clock management and run the ball like they did against the Texans, Make the the KC Chiefs play from behind this is a game that will favor the the colts. I do not like the colts to get into a shoot out type of game with KC who enjoys playing for the big gain. the Colts need to put a spy on the QB like they did during the Texan game. 

I knew we've been good against the Chiefs, but I didn't realize how much we've dominated them.  We've beaten the Chiefs 13 out of 16, 7 out of 8 at Arrowhead.  We're 4-0 in the playoffs.

I gotta say this Chiefs team strikes me as the type of team that historically falls on its face in the playoffs.  We've had a few of them ourselves.  You get excited about the 50 TDs, the MVP and the offense, then get to the playoffs and realize it means nothing.   

How long has it been since they have won a playoff game?  30 years?

2 hours ago, masterlock said:

In my mind, it comes down to how well Eberflus adapts. They can't sit back there in zone coverage all day.

Hmmm, really?  KC often gets big plays.  How often is it from beating their guy in man to man vs. zone? I also heard Mahomes has the best QB rating in the NFL against the blitz. Colts really don't blitz that often (and they're specialized and timely when we do) anyway. I'm just as concerned with how we defend Travis Kelce as their other weapons to be honest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I also heard Mahomes has the best QB rating in the NFL against the blitz

Regardless, I wouldn't sit back.  He's essentially a rookie, playing in his first playoff game.  

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

January 16, 1994 against the Houston Oilers (now Tennessee Titans) in the Astrodome.

Last playoff win came against a team that went out of business two decades ago?  That's not good.

1 hour ago, Archangel said:

IMOP if the Colts play clock management and run the ball like they did against the Texans, Make the the KC Chiefs play from behind this is a game that will favor the the colts. I do not like the colts to get into a shoot out type of game with KC who enjoys playing for the big gain. the Colts need to put a spy on the QB like they did during the Texan game. 

Interesting.  I didn't think we had a spy on Watson at all.  That's why he was able to run free in the second half.  That's when I thought we should have switched and put one on him. 

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They may be right. It’s kind of a unknown for this defense. This is the best offense we have played all year. We are done with the pretenders now and we have our first real test.

I like our chances with our defense vs their offense and our offense vs their paltry defense.

We are the more balanced team in this competition.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They may be right. It’s kind of a unknown for this defense. This is the best offense we have played all year. We are done with the pretenders now and we have our first real test.

High flying offense with no defense. Sounds like the colts in the 2000s. Who always beat us? A running team with a punishing defense.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

One of the posters on the chiefs board linked this thread and was talking about trash talk yet the things they are saying are awful and just downright stupid 

Completely agree. They are not only disrespectful with the Colts (and Irsay, there is a post calling him a drunk *** or something among that line), but also with any poster that thinks the game will be somewhat close, calling them dumasses and etc. Just ridiculous and pitful.

7 minutes ago, The Brazilian Ninja said:

Completely agree. They are not only disrespectful with the Colts (and Irsay, there is a post calling him a drunk *** or something among that line), but also with any poster that thinks the game will be somewhat close, calling them dumasses and etc. Just ridiculous and pitful.

Right they have all crowned mahomes the 2nd coming of jesus 

I love it when another fan base completely dismisses the Colts. 

We deserve that dissing for where we were..... and if we win yet again, they deserve that slack jawed look of amazement, for where we now are!

In all, either team could win, but beware of thinking a thing is ordained. Life has a way of cuffing you upside the head when you get too unaware of...well...how life actually can surprise you. 

I just hope for no injuries to either team. AFC must win this SB.  

• Like 1