Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So, Who Wants To Guess The 2012 Record Now?

Blue Horseshoe

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts were 10-6 a couple of years ago with Manning and company intact. Colts will draft #1 for the next 4 to 5 years. They could go winless in three of those years. They will most likely break out the Mayflower trucks if they can find a city that will take them. They will be the first team to relocate outside US territory. Mexico City.

Yes, where they will be ran by the cartels!

They had a lease in Baltimore smart guy!

On a stadium that was decades beyond poor condition, with a City refusing to make repairs, and a State legislature preparing to steal the team in a matter of days... smart guy!

None of those things apply here.

Colts/ Luck will be @ least 4-12.. Luck will have less interception and a better rookie year with less pro bowl talent !!! Luck will Pass for Less yards than Peyton in his rookie year. I believe Luck will have more SB rings than PManning in Indy than !! We Will Have a Complete Team !!

Colts/ Luck will be @ least 4-12.. Luck will have less interception and a better rookie year with less pro bowl talent !!! Luck will Pass for Less yards than Peyton in his rookie year. I believe Luck will have more SB rings than PManning in Indy than !! We Will Have a Complete Team !!

Bold statement, my friend!!! Complete teams (may not be complete in regular season but in the playoffs) plus good matchups plus good health plus good bounces plus good coaching end up in SB wins, IMO. We can probably take care of complete teams and good coaching, the rest, is well, the roll of the dice, IMO. It just takes one loss in a one game elimination playoffs to put a damper in SB plans :). Just saying.

Personally I would temper my expectations of Luck till I see how our lines shape up in the next couple of years. Luck better cash his chips early on in his first 5 years of his rookie contract because once he is close to being as good as Peyton's, and his rookie contract wears out, his salary will be close to the $15-20 mil. per year range. Then the rookie wage scale advantage we have right now to put better pieces around him in the beginning will fade a bit. Just my two cents.

Right now, in a rebuilding year, a range of 4-12 to 6-10 is fine with me. The key in this league to measure an elite QB is - once you start winning, you need to sustain it for an extended period of time (say at least 5 years at a high level). When that happens, you will always have a chance since you will be knocking on the playoff door consistently.

Bold statement, my friend!!! Complete teams plus good matchups plus good health plus good bounces plus good coaching end up in SB wins, IMO. We can probably take care of complete teams and good coaching, the rest, is well, the roll of the dice, IMO. It just takes one loss in a one game elimination playoffs to put a damper in SB plans :). Just saying.

Personally I would temper my expectations of Luck till I see how our lines shape up in the next couple of years. Luck better cash his chips early on in his first 5 years of his rookie contract because once he is close to being as good as Peyton's, and his rookie contract wears out, his salary will be close to the $15-20 mil. per year range. Then the rookie wage scale advantage we have right now to put better pieces around him in the beginning will fade a bit. Just my two cents.

Right now, in a rebuilding year, a range of 4-12 to 6-10 is fine with me. The key in this league to measure an elite QB is - once you start winning, you need to sustain it for an extended period of time (say at least 5 years at a high level). When that happens, you will always have a chance since you will be knocking on the playoff door consistently.

Yes he will get that much or more considering the cap will be alot more then.His cap hit then wont equal the percentage of the cap it would today,so were in fine shape all teams by then will be paying QBs that price so were on = grounds per cap space.Difference will be QB worth and minus some freak career ending injury im all on board with Luck i think we get 2 rings from him over the next decade and many playoffs.

Pagano goes directly to the hall of fame if he wins 10 games this season.

Obviously I'm being extremely optimistic. But the team of last year was less than 10 points away of winning 4 or 5 of the games last year. To me this years team will be much harder to beat, and our offense will also help out defense unlike last year. On any given Sunday...I can't wait to see how our coaches fair.

Yes he will get that much or more considering the cap will be alot more then.His cap hit then wont equal the percentage of the cap it would today,so were in fine shape all teams by then will be paying QBs that price so were on = grounds per cap space. Difference will be QB worth and minus some freak career ending injury im all on board with Luck i think we get 2 rings from him over the next decade and many playoffs.

What you are ignoring is that all player position salaries will also go up with an increased salary cap, so it is not just Luck that we will have to pay top dollar if he ends up being good. Managing the cap is something Grigson will hopefully be good at, unlike Polian in his last few years. Drafting UDFAs and getting the most out of them helped us be top heavy in salaries and get through till it all brewed up to be one volcanic mess, IMO. We will see how things shape up in the future. Scouting and picking talent is one thing, managing cap and players is another beast. Grigson has tons of experience in the first one and is smart enough to master the cap management as well, I am hoping. We will see how he approaches free agency when we DO have the money next year. Saints and Patriots play free agency more, Packers, Steelers, Ravens, Giants, Colts etc. have drafted more talent than looking to free agency. We will see how our new regime approaches it.

I'd take Eli like or Big Ben like stats if my team can get those additional SB trophies with a complete team. So, lets hope that the eggs in the Luck basket pay off eventually.

My guess is 5-11....might be optimistic, but I'm anxious to see how we turn the running game around since we are beefing up the O-Line. Hopefully the RB coach can show Carter how to hold the ball. Even though Brown played better last year, I hope his penchant for running into the back of O-Lineman and falling down has been corrected.

I would chalk up the Patriots, Bears, Lions, Packers, and Texans (away) game as likely losses.

I would think the Dolphins, Vikings, one Jags game, and one Titans game ought to be very winnable (and while I'm not prepared to add them to this short list, the Colts have still never lost to the Texans at home).

The Jets, Chiefs, Bills, Browns and 3 other AFC South games could all go either way for me, especially without knowing how the rest of FA and the draft play out.

At this point, I'm thinking 8-8 is a lofty but achievable goal.

lets looks at teams we're playing

AFC SOUTH

jags W

jags W

texans W

texans L

titans W

titans W

AFC EAST

patriots L

dolphins W

bills W

jets L

NFC NORTH

packers L

bears L

lions L

vikings W

conference matchups

browns W

chiefs W

so thats 10-6

This team is better than the '98 team.

Which 8 teams do you see them beating?

WHy don't you just chill out and quit being negative? Just be optimistic for the future. It may not be immediate, but this team will find its groove once again. If anything, teams may write us off this season and perhaps we can make something happen. This is a fresh new team with a message to send I think. They will be alright.

This team is better than the '98 team.

Thank you. I don't know why... Maybe it is Ruk's peace movement... But I was needing to see something positive from you.

When the moon is in the seventh house

And Jupiter aligns with Mars

Then peace will guide the planets

And love with steer the stars...

Easy schedule - anyones guess - This season is a tribute to a bunch of guys that will or will not show pride in the Indy Colt history. Will they fuse, will they become a team or 45 guys making a paycheck? How will the city affect them, when support will be so critical. Indy fans are one thing--midwest folks as opposed to the nuts on the east coast. Prime concern is to protect the QB. I live in Houston and watched David Carr get slaughtered andI mean slaughtered for lack of protection. While he did not complain he will never be a starter as he could have been and the team could never got it going. The last thing to think about is victories so concentrate on growing.

I think we'll be ok in the long run, but 4-12 in '12, 7-9 the next season. Luck will be good in the long run, but like most new QBs I'll say he won't have a good rookie season, but a season that's not bad for a rookie, I'll say he'll have 20 TDs and 17 interceptions. He'll learn from it and be solid the next season and by his 3rd season he will be what we want him to be or at least 90% there. It will take a couple of years to repair the defense. I hate it, but i don't see a winning season until 2014.

I think we'll be ok in the long run, but 4-12 in '12, 7-9 the next season. Luck will be good in the long run, but like most new QBs I'll say he won't have a good rookie season, but a season that's not bad for a rookie, I'll say he'll have 20 TDs and 17 interceptions. He'll learn from it and be solid the next season and by his 3rd season he will be what we want him to be or at least 90% there. It will take a couple of years to repair the defense. I hate it, but i don't see a winning season until 2014.

If we go Luck, 8-8. If we go anyone else, 2-14.

Socks don't win NFL games.

Thank you. I don't know why... Maybe it is Ruk's peace movement... But I was needing to see something positive from you.

When the moon is in the seventh house

And Jupiter aligns with Mars

Then peace will guide the planets

And love with steer the stars...

Well whoever the young gun is next year he better do better than 2-14/3-13.

I would say 3-13 realisticly and we will probably have the #1 pick again next year. This is where I will differ on next year's draft, if Matt Barkley is the best player in the draft next year, the Colts will not be able to trade the pick. No one will need to trade for the #1 pick because they will know that the Colts will not take Barkley.

Sammy wakins from Clemson if he comes out junior year

Obviously with the expectation we are getting Luck #1,and this is assuming we get a good draft (Sanu in Rd. 2? Trumaine Johnson Rd.3? Bruce Irvin or Josh Chapman Rd.4?) and pick some pieces up in FA, maybe guys like Lardarius Webb, Jarrett Johnson, Ben Grubbs and/or Laurent Robinson to go along with Donald Brown and Delone Carter (who I think can make a respectable duo in the backfield), and guys already on D like Mathis, Bethea, Angerer and Hughes (who I'm holding out hope can prosper in the 3-4) I don't think a 7-9 record is out of the question. Of course thats assuming we can have a decent draft and can sign 1 or 2 of those FA's I listed.

If we don't do anything in FA and we don't draft anyone to help Luck on offense then I'm thinking more like 5-11 or 4-12....Luck needs someone besides Collie to throw to if not it's going to be another long year.

Ben Grubbs has been signed already

eli is right...The present roster cant beat anyone but we have not drafted and signed UFAs yet

:) Wouldnt say noone but until June cant say for sure but by schedule im going out on the farthest skinny limb and say 9-7 i aint skerrrred of the AFC south.Then add Bills Bears Vikings Minn even KC we have a 9-7 10-6 year guys .2013 AFC champs.