Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nice game Chester

Myles

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

So a '3' and be a '2' if you throw to him more?

..and you throw to him more if the '1' is out and the '2' becomes the one?

yeah pretty much.  he would have to turn those targets into production though 

i wont be mad if we keep rodgers, pascal and inman, but i think they should at least try and find upgrades too

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I’ve given a lot of grief on here towards  Rogers over the season but I’ll give him his credit here for this game. Without his play today, we may not have won the game. Kudos to him. Now, keep it up!!

id still like to see Inman more involved, he has excellent hands. 

Appreciate that you came on and gave him kudos. I brought his name up two games ago and you were down on him but have the b##$s to step up and admit he is playing better. Not great but much better. As Inman said , Luck throws such a good ball all the receivers have to do is catch it. He is starting to make a difference.

• Like 1

I agree with you @MikeCurtis, it's good to see someone like Chester Rogers and Inman to step up, but we really ought to bring in a draft choice to increase the competition.

Let's try something like this:

WR TY Hilton

TE Eric Ebron

TE Jack Doyle

WR Deon Cain

WR Chester Rogers

WR Dontrell Inman

WR Daurice Fountain

WR Deebo Samuel (2nd round draft choice 2019)

-- the starters are determined by hands, separation, and RAC

13 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

So a '3' and be a '2' if you throw to him more?

..and you throw to him more if the '1' is out and the '2' becomes the one?

Is Davontae Adams of GB a '1' or a '2'?

Was he as '1' when Jordy Nelson was there?

See what I'm saying? Its very arbitrary .

Fans think in terms of '2s' and '3s'..

Its not reality for the actual players

Yeah, it's all hyperbole.  You can see some plays where we line up with 3 TEs and only 1 WR, and that WR is Pascal instead of TY because Pascal is a bigger better blocker on run plays.

That doesn't mean TY isn't still our "#1".

It's all scheme and role depending on the play.  This isn't the ole days of Marvin lined up on the right, Reggie on the left, and Stokely and Clark in the middle.  Now we line up with Hines out wide and our "#1" lined up in the slot on certain plays.  :thmup:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

yeah pretty much.  he would have to turn those targets into production though 

i wont be mad if we keep rodgers, pascal and inman, but i think they should at least try and find upgrades too

I absolutely agree with that.....

..I want to max out our greatest strength..which is Andrew.....

..and to do that you stockpile receivers...

Especially as your guys age..

Look at Demariyus Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders on Denver at the start of the year,

Now both have career-threatening injuries...

Short of that. WRs get beat up during the season.   You need six.....with the a couple doubling as special teams players..

That back shoulder throw to Inman was a thing of beauty, so was the throw to Hines, both low probability throws that Luck took a chance on and we completed. Our guys made plays in the second half, period, and came to play. 

Andrew Luck was the only QB that appeared 3 times in the top 20 completions of the Next Gen Stats low probability completions this weekend:

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/top-plays/improbable-completions/2018/16

Looks like Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, and Baker Mayfield are regulars on those Top 20 less probable completion charts on a weekly basis.

4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Yeah, it's all hyperbole.  You can see some plays where we line up with 3 TEs and only 1 WR, and that WR is Pascal instead of TY because Pascal is a bigger better blocker on run plays.

That doesn't mean TY isn't still our "#1".

It's all scheme and role depending on the play.  This isn't the ole days of Marvin lined up on the right, Reggie on the left, and Stokely and Clark in the middle.  Now we line up with Hines out wide and our "#1" lined up in the slot on certain plays.  :thmup:

I think the coming thing is two TEs as a base formation..

Creates run-pass deception...and it closes up the defense....making it easier to get a one-on-one with someone like TY..

Explain something to me.

Pittsburgh lines up Antonio Brown as a TE..and the announcers keep saying that makes him more difficult to double team.

Why?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Explain something to me.

Pittsburgh lines up Antonio Brown as a TE..and the announcers keep saying that makes him more difficult to double team.

Why?

I noticed that last night.  It gives AB the whole field to work with instead of just one side like Marvin used to do.  He can break left or right, or go straight up the middle.

I noticed the Saints last night were doubling both AB and Juju on the final drive, forcing Ben to go to a 3rd receiver.  And it still didn't work.  If Juju doesn't fumble that ball, Steelers kick a FG to force OT.

You almost need to triple-team (one left, one right, and one deep) a guy like AB or TY when they line up in the middle of the formation.  But then you still have to worry about both corner routes.  It's a matchup nightmare.  It takes a village to stop one guy, which opens up opportunities for other guys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Appreciate that you came on and gave him kudos. I brought his name up two games ago and you were down on him but have the b##$s to step up and admit he is playing better. Not great but much better. As Inman said , Luck throws such a good ball all the receivers have to do is catch it. He is starting to make a difference.

The dude played a great game yesterday, caught everything clean and protected the ball, got some YAC and was a solid contributor into that great win. If I were a first time fan, I would think this kid was their wr that is big time in the program. I’ve seen him before so I know better. If he can keep this level of play, he is a solid #3 guy. We all know that 1 game doesn’t make the player, good game or bad. I’ll certainly root for him to continue doing well, secure a job for next season and beyond but I’m still not going to be upset if we choose to move on from him and the others fighting for a #3,4 or 5 slot to upgrade into a potential #1-2 type player of the future. 

On 12/24/2018 at 3:05 PM, Jdubu said:

The dude played a great game yesterday, caught everything clean and protected the ball, got some YAC and was a solid contributor into that great win. If I were a first time fan, I would think this kid was their wr that is big time in the program. I’ve seen him before so I know better. If he can keep this level of play, he is a solid #3 guy. We all know that 1 game doesn’t make the player, good game or bad. I’ll certainly root for him to continue doing well, secure a job for next season and beyond but I’m still not going to be upset if we choose to move on from him and the others fighting for a #3,4 or 5 slot to upgrade into a potential #1-2 type player of the future. 

Rogers is doing Great in Reich's system.

He Already has More catches this season than our past 1st rd "best hands in the draft", Hall of Fame Reggie had in his 2nd season.
 Move on from him  :lol:.  He is Exactly what Reich is looking for with his spread the ball around passing attack. Luck is completing 79% to Rogers.

You don't at all know what you are seeing regarding where Reich and Ballard are headed it seems, JMO of course.

Hines has 60 catches in 76 attempts. 79% 
 Cain & Fountain should be nice pieces coming next season. 

Trust that Ballard, Reich and his staff are operating WAY ahead of the Homer couchies here. And we are just getting started as Coach said.

7 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Rogers is doing Great in Reich's system.

He Already has More catches this season than our past 1st rd "best hands in the draft", Hall of Fame Reggie had in his 2nd season.
 Move on from him  :lol:.  He is Exactly what Reich is looking for with his spread the ball around passing attack. Luck is completing 79% to Rogers.

You don't at all know what you are seeing regarding where Reich and Ballard are headed it seems, JMO of course.

Hines has 60 catches in 76 attempts. 79% 
 Cain & Fountain should be nice pieces coming next season. 

Trust that Ballard, Reich and his staff are operating WAY ahead of the Homer couchies here. And we are just getting started as Coach said.

Agree to disagree. He isn’t special.  But if CB retains the kid then I trust what he is doing. I won’t lose sleep with or without #80 imho.