Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson To Address The Media Soon

ColtsPacersfan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mods, remove this comment from the post, it is misleading especially in a time like this

I can understand Freeney but I almost had a heart attack when I read that comment mentioning Bethea. lol He's one of the best guys we have left on defense. I know we gotta rebuild but no need to get rid of all our friggin talent. Some of these guys can still fit into the new scheme.

LOL as of right now, Trevor Vittatoe is our only QB(I believe).

How dare you don't give credit to the emgerncy QB Pat McAfee! lol. He sent out a tweet after Peyton was released and before Vittatoe was signed that said "Dude I am the starting QB of the Colts right now..."

He needs to...and so does Irsay

You risk losing your fan base...

You cant ask people to buy tickets on the word of somebody who just got here...

magically the due date moved up to march 2 and they already got most the money they want.Feel sorry for the people who reupped thinking they were going to see some semblance of pro football this year.

bad flash backs of Vandy are coming into my mind...

Funny how the dolphins did not win with #13 as QB and we never won a SB with #13 as kicker, just saying :).

12 or 7 is the way to go.

12 - Bradshaw, Brady, Rodgers

7 - Big Ben, John Elway (multiple rings)

8 - Aikman (multiple rings), Steve Young

9 - Brees (1 ring)

10 - Eli (multiple rings)

Choose something in the 8-12 range :). Who wore No.11 and won SBs? Anyone?

Funny how the dolphins did not win with #13 as QB and we never won a SB with #13 as kicker, just saying :).

9 - Brees (1 ring)

and Stabach and Namath to your number 12 list as well both won Super Bowls and are in the Hall of Fame.

and Stabach and Namath to your number 12 list as well both won Super Bowls and are in the Hall of Fame.

I searched and I found it - starting QB number and SB win history, here it is:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/338497-numbers-game-the-super-bowl-and-starting-qb-jersey-numbers#/articles/338497-numbers-game-the-super-bowl-and-starting-qb-jersey-numbers

Funny how Peyton is the only No.18 to make it to a SB.

9 - Brees (1 ring)

Mark Rypien won one with the Redskins wearing 11.

This isn't a rebuild though. This is like the 1999 Browns. 2-14 once again. God awful at every spot. There is a way to rebuild without gutting the squad to the point that you don't even need to line up next year. There is no point as it stands to even line up next season. None.

2-14 might be a stretch.

Really there's no reason to cut guys like Brackett and Freeney unless you want to win 2 or 3 games rather than 6 or 7. I know exactly what they're doing and they're purging the roster so they can draft Luck, then draft high again next year and not even attempt to compete for a few years. I wish they would try and build on the run a little bit.

When we really get down to it, whats the difference between 2-14 and 6-10?

I am on board for the long haul, I will take two bad years and the purging of over priced aging veterans. 2012 is going to be a tough season but there is going to be a ton of $$ off the books and 2013 its on like donkey kong. You have money to sign another top 5 pick and whatever free agents you want to basically.

This team could be good in only a couple more years. Its possible. Id much rather have two really terrible years and a quicker rebuilding than trudging on with some of our vets and have 3-4 eh years of 6-8 wins.

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, March 10, 2012 - duplicate of post in another thread
Hidden by Peytongirl, March 10, 2012 - duplicate of post in another thread

Hmm - so if the Colts did not end up with the top pick, would any of this have happened? Irsay signed Manning to a 5 yr deal just a year and a half ago. He knew that there was a salary cap. So, if we didn't get the top draft pick and Manning came back, would we have still cut all of these players. We were 14-0 just 2 years ago and in the Super Bowl. I don't believe talent drops off that quickly.

Also, just because you have draft picks and young players does not make you a winning team. We will need to have incredible draft picks like Polian did in order to build a great team. Remember that in the Manning era, we had these first round draft picks: Marvin Harrison, Tarik Glenn, Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Dwight Freeney, Bob Sanders, Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai. So, sure we can rebuild with Luck, but we're going to need great draft picks to avoid being Cleveland and Detroit (remember Detroit was bad for many, many years prior to last year). We just got rid of Polian, so our new GM/scouts better be very good.

If we lose Freeney, as great as Mathis is, Mathis' effectiveness drops without Freeney on the other side. And, then our defense goes from bad to really bad. I'm excited to watch Luck, but with a receving corps of Collie, Blair White, Jacob Tamme, cmon, that is a joke compared to Wayne, Garcon, Collie, and Clark.

I don't think he meant he wants Collie gone. Just they are cutting everybody, so they could find an excuse for our good players even.

I think Collie's safe. He has such a mild manner demeanor. He couldn't possibly challenge the new Qb for the leadership role.