Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4th Down Agression/loss on Reich (merge)

James

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If your offenses falls apart because of the loss of Jack Doyle then u got serious problems. Oh my!!!!!!

I know.

However there was a quick stat somewhere that the Colts were 1-6 when Jack Doyle DOESNT Play. That’s crazy.

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

The Jags D is legit. Good news though, they aren't going to be that good going forward because they can't afford all those guys. 

I can't believe Luck and Co. couldn't figure out anything today. It was bad, but we've seen aggravating games before against the Jags. 

Bad loss that screws up realistic playoff paths. 

Oh well, there's always next year, until 12 retires and then there's years after that. At some point this team will matter again.. I think..

Andrew was lost out there. He had many questionable decisions and was throwing at guys that were well covered and unable to hit tight windows. And once again throwing high like the old Andrew. This loss was on his bad day.

no matter what he says externally (and i haven't read nor heard any quotes from him yet), Chris Ballard had to be sitting up in the exec booth dumbfounded like we all were while watching at home at many things that occurred in this game.  Take your pick from Luck to "The fourth Reich" to O-line to receivers to play calling (Ebron's fumble play as an example)....  just a plethora.  Defense only gave up 6 but to a beleaguered offense granted.  Didn't have a good feeling about this game but I don't think we were playoff material (defensively anyway) coming into this game , but games like this allow so many other things to surface to the top and shout for a life preserver, so it's time to be back-seat GM's and figure out where we spend this wad of cash.  Let's start with addressing just 5 things that are really, truly broken.  I am not qualified but many of you are.  

I didnt think we executed well, sloppy at times on O, and Turnovers. I'm starting to feel like we have been feeling ourselves the last two weeks and not being sharp against inferior opponents. Should have lost last week and we lost today. We've got to elevate the play level and preparation.

6 hours ago, Trueman said:

Especially when the opposing offense isn't good , and Cody Kessler is their QB. 

Everyone knew we didn't need a lot of points to win today , yet we passed them up. 

It's not hindsight , man. I said it when it happened. 

Gee, it seemed obvious that we should go for it.
We had plays they had practiced for the situation that they felt good about.
And for the really CLUELESS, if we didn't make it, we had them pinned on the goal line and had good expectation our D WOULD STUFF Them Again. It did.

And all we needed was to gain 10 yards or so to be back in FG range. Yawn.

And we turned it over. I recall it was ANOTHER high pass that screwed up the catch and run which got Ebron hammered Twice. Andrew was off target and just a little late ALL DAY, and making questionable decisions. The loss is on his shoulders. 6 quarters in a row they have shut him out.

6 hours ago, Trueman said:

Especially when the opposing offense isn't good , and Cody Kessler is their QB. 

Everyone knew we didn't need a lot of points to win today , yet we passed them up. 

It's not hindsight , man. I said it when it happened. 

Gee, it seemed obvious that we should go for it.
We had plays they had practiced for the situation that they felt good about.
And for the really CLUELESS, if we didn't make it, we had them pinned on the goal line and had good expectation our D WOULD STUFF Them Again. It did.

And all we needed was to gain 10 yards or so to be back in FG range. Yawn.

And we turned it over. I recall it was ANOTHER high pass that screwed up the catch and run which got Ebron hammered Twice. Andrew was off target and just a little late ALL DAY, and making questionable decisions. The loss is on his shoulders. 6 quarters in a row they have shut him out.

8 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

so it's time to be back-seat GM's and figure out where we spend this wad of cash.

Why can't we just be FANS and let the guys who get paid MILLIONS for the real job of GM do their job. They get millions because of the stress ect associated with the job. 

1 hour ago, strt182 said:

Why can't we just be FANS and let the guys who get paid MILLIONS for the real job of GM do their job. They get millions because of the stress ect associated with the job. 

Because being a fan means you care, and when you care you let out your emotions and state your opinions. It's part of being a fan. 

I doubt anybody here thinks they could GM better than Ballard, or coach better than Reich, (if they do they are delusional), but that doesn't mean we don't have opinions on how they should go about it. 

1 hour ago, strt182 said:

People love to complain. It's the new American way.. lol

Just now, coltsva said:

Because being a fan means you care, and when you care you let out your emotions and state your opinions. It's part of being a fan. 

I doubt anybody here thinks they could GM better than Ballard, or coach better than Reich, (if they do they are delusional), but that doesn't mean we don't have opinions on how they should go about it. 

I agree with you. The key to my post was the word STRESS. And although its none of my business really why or what people allow themselves to be stressed about I do know what stress can do to the MIND and BODY , first hand. Feel free to PM me and I can give you details on that experience if you would like. 

In my opinion being a fan should be enjoyable for you and I understand there are negatives with being a fan but If a fan only points out the negatives why not reconsider what fans are a fan of.

2 hours ago, strt182 said:

this is a forum where we can pretend to know what we're talking about (I will speak only for myself).  Just because we are not the GM doesn't mean people in this forum won't voice their opinions as to what they think needs to be accomplished.  It's healthy discussion right up the alley of a fan forum, just like your opinion above.  And by the way, I love to hear differing opinions and speculation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, strt182 said:

I agree with you. The key to my post was the word STRESS. And although its none of my business really why or what people allow themselves to be stressed about I do know what stress can do to the MIND and BODY , first hand. Feel free to PM me and I can give you details on that experience if you would like. 

In my opinion being a fan should be enjoyable for you and I understand there are negatives with being a fan but If a fan only points out the negatives why not reconsider what fans are a fan of.

Totally agree. If rooting for the Colts was stressful, I'd find something else to do. It's fun for me, and I think it is for most. 

21 hours ago, needanoline63 said:

This team didn’t care today. Watch us next year though

I agree with the first half of your point.  But if you don't care when you are tied for a playoff spot, why would you care MORE next year? The Texans are not going to suddenly disappear next year.  The Jags will have a real QB option next year as well (wait and see).  This is a 100% failure by everyone, but the blame for that is on the coach entirely. 

He cost us the game with his cockiness forgetting they aren't really that good of a team and through grit and brilliance by Luck they crawled back into it.  But he took that for granted 100% and this is the NFL and even Brady, Brees, Manning etc. take it on the chin and need their teams to make up the difference to win.  In this case, his coach wasn't on his side.  Luck limped the team into field goal range 3 times and the Colts with a sane coach should have score 9 points, plenty to win. 

If this doesn't put an end to "4th down Frank" once and for all, then we made a bad choice of a coach who twice can't learn from his mistakes.  He was a perpetual back up for a reason.  Why didn't he leave back then and go elsewhere for a chance to start in his own right away from Kelly?  That back up hero story is wearing thin.  It appears he's wanting to "measure" something on the field and coming up very short in this phase of his career as he did earlier in his life.  

I'm not going to overreact because I feel like we have always been a year away from winning the division and two from being SB contender given the draft picks and money we have...but I was disappointed as others where we didn't kick fgs early in the game. Divisional game against a team that is playing a back up qb and struggling to move the ball. 3 is as good as 7. We gave up only 6pts.....defense had a few lapses of course....frustrating but they did their job....have to come away with points. We gave their defense so much momentum and you saw them get more confident as they game went on. We haven't scored against Jacksonville for 6 quarters....that can't happen!

Too many throws and receivers not getting open is what cost the Colts this game. The Colts would have got points by kicking field goals but even though Coach over did it on the 4th down aggresiveness the play execution is what ultimately cost the Colts the game

18 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

My only question. Is Adam V okay

He is fine. Still better than a lot of kickers out there. I think the problem was just Reich mismanagement in this game.

It happens though. Watch this team going to Houston and beating them. One thing I got used to since becoming a Colts fan is that this team just makes no sense whatsoever.

3 hours ago, The Brazilian Ninja said:

He is fine. Still better than a lot of kickers out there. I think the problem was just Reich mismanagement in this game.

It happens though. Watch this team going to Houston and beating them. One thing I got used to since becoming a Colts fan is that this team just makes no sense whatsoever.

This team is almost all new. There's going to be some adjustments 

4 hours ago, The Brazilian Ninja said:

The entire league doesn't make sense, or it does make sense in that no game is a given. 

Bucs beat Saints at N.O., Browns tie Steelers, Lions crush Patriots, Bills crush Vikings, Cardinals beat packers in GB. 

Who knows what will happen next week. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Colts beat Texans. Lose to the team with the long losing streak, beat the team with the long winning streak. Colts start and end the Texans winning streak.