Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4th Down Agression/loss on Reich (merge)

James

This loss is on Frank Reich.

Twice the Colts had FGs opportunity and they go for it on 4th down.

At this point you could already see what game this would become, so why not just take the points?

Should have been 6-3 Colts by the 4th quarter, and despite the offense not clicking the Colts would have had the lead. In this scenario Cody Kessler would have had to win  the game for the Jags, and down 3 points I don't think that happens. At worst we go to OT.

We gifted this win to a Jags team that were on a 7 game losing streak. The * Bills scored 20+ points vs this Jags team. 

Embarrassing result.

• Like 7

Yet another (division) game where being aggressive on 4th down cost us. I’m all for being aggressive when the situation calls for it. If we had taken the field goal when it was 4th and goal we could have tied it In our second-to-last possession. It’s a repeat of the Texans game. There is no sense in it.

• Like 3

This one stings. No reason for the Colts to lose this football game. Gifted Jacksonville this one.

But also Swoope was very clearly out of bounds and that was some garbage at the end

Just now, JColts72 said:

Him, lousy o-line, lousy andrew, no running game, soft prevent d.

You really gonna blame the D in a game they gave up 6 points?

• Like 1

Bad Coaching calls, Bad Offinsive Gameplanning, Poor execution from players, Offnesive like struggled once again.

This offense is literally nothing without Jack Doyle.

Welcome back to earth Colts. Not a great team. Need a lot more playmakers. 

Bell ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Him, lousy o-line, lousy andrew, no running game, soft prevent d.

Agreed. WRs are bad bad. Grant needs to be gone. Inman is okay but not dynamic. Luck gave a away a bad TO. Marlon Mack is a complimentary piece but not someone who can take over a game

1 minute ago, NorthernBlue said:

This one stings. No reason for the Colts to lose this football game. Gifted Jacksonville this one.

But also Swoope was very clearly out of bounds and that was some garbage at the end

You really gonna blame the D in a game they gave up 6 points?

Not the whole game d. That 3rd and 13 and QB run for 1st in 4th. 

Just now, chad72 said:

Teams have caught on to the fact that Luck won’t QB sneak or run much, so they play him like Peyton, press the WRs with their backs to him.

If Luck wants to keep Da honest, he has to use his legs in a timely fashion. 

I’ve been at home screaming for it! He can still protect himself as he runs

• Thanks 2

This was a complete team loss. Every aspect of it really sucked. Defense played best of all on the team however, we still had some bad calls played on defense too. Team is apparently really bad on offense without Kelly and Doyle. 

We have overachieved ever this year anyways, nobody expected much from the team this season. Had some nice streaks for the year. Will look tons better next year 

Absolute WORST play calling I have ever seen. Two, maybe three, times we've got 1 yard or less and you get cute and try to pass the ball, or put in our SMALLEST back to run it up the middle. How does that make any sense whatsoever? Just run the dang ball on those plays and punch it through with Mack or Wilkins? Let Ebron try to run it?! No, enough with the cute play calls. 

The defense is tearing us up and you still want to go for it everything three trips to the endzone in three first half. That's the game right there, just take the mother loving points when you see how tough this game is going to be. 

Entire team across the board was outplayed today. Coaching, running, blocking and tackling. 

Just a pathetic effort honestly. Not losing my mind over it, but Jax was flat out the better team today.

Kessler having one career win by the time he's done with his career annoys me most about today.

No hurry up offense. The team came to lose today and played without any heart for the entirety of the game. I haven't seen the Colts look this bad in a very long time. Didn't run any plays that made us successful all season. I can't fathom how you go from what works, to what doesn't work. Colts have been successful on offense all year because of quick tempo short pass offensive game planning. But today we decided to throw 10+ yards every freaking play. Apparently reich didnt watch Chuck Pagano fail at that for 6 years. 

The one thing I did learn was our oline isn't as good as advertised. Dinking and dunking the ball has helped them leaps and bounds.