Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4th Down Agression/loss on Reich (merge)

James

1. Our O-line is good, but not the bullies that we thought they were. They got man handled today.

2. Does this sound like a broken record? We need someone aside from T.Y. to be a reliable receiver.

3. 4th and 1: We came across this situation three times in the game and in all 3 times, we were cute. Not tough...cute. We didn't run it up the middle because we were scared of the Jags defense. We let them intimidate us into making stupid play calls.

4. Our defense played well. Eberflus made some stupid decisions by going into prevent defense on third and long situations, giving JAX easy opportunities. I'm not a fan of his, at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I’m so tired of losing to backup QBs...

It’s been our identity for years now. 

Next week Kessler will throw three picks and the Jags will get blown out, but us?

Nope.

He was named the starter so i guess you can't say he is a backup can you? Maybe backup caliber

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I am honestly not one to point fingers, but not kicking the FG on 4th and 1 twice cost us the game imo

This is THE problem.

Hopefully the media get Reich to answer this. 

Why not take the points when it's clearly going to be low scoring game? And twice?!

• Like 1

It really is amazing how much 1 game can swing the entire mood of this board. Last week it was Reich for COTY and nothing but love for Eberflus.  Now Reich is an * and Eberflus is getting knocked for a game in which his D allowed 6 points.

This loss is entirely on the offense. Questionable play calling with below average execution. Never got into a rhythm and the officiating was up and down in terms of what penalties they were calling and when.  Just not our week. Everyone relax.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, James said:

This is THE problem.

Hopefully the media get Reich to answer this. 

Why not take the points when it's clearly going to be low scoring game? And twice?!

He will hold himself accountable.   No question about that 

11 minutes ago, SLILLINGTON10 said:

I think this is a young team with a rookie head coach who got humbled today. We got caught looking at Houston next week and the possibility of the playoffs. Went into a desperate and talented teams house and got that booty waxed.

You're right.  

I'm sure the Colts were studying all week for Houston.  

"Trap" games are a myth in the NFL. 

Especially for .500 teams. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

It really is amazing how much 1 game can swing the entire mood of this board. Last week it was Reich for COTY and nothing but love for Eberflus.  Now Reich is an * and Eberflus is getting knocked for a game in which his D allowed 6 points.

This loss is entirely on the offense. Questionable play calling with below average execution. Never got into a rhythm and the officiating was up and down in terms of what penalties they were calling and when.  Just not our week. Everyone relax.

It’s overreaction theme this week. But I will say that today’s offense was one of the worst I’ve seen in recent years. 

Houston’s defense is better than Jacksonville in my opinion, so next week is not looking good. 

Plus, we’ve regressed the last two games now in protecting Luck. Execution has been very sloppy and it finally bit us hard. It cost us the playoffs, which before today was within reach. 

Now we play the spoiler role.

14 minutes ago, SLILLINGTON10 said:

I think this is a young team with a rookie head coach who got humbled today. We got caught looking at Houston next week and the possibility of the playoffs. Went into a desperate and talented teams house and got that booty waxed.

14 minutes ago, SLILLINGTON10 said:

W:scoregood:

4 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

You're right.  

I'm sure the Colts were studying all week for Houston.  

"Trap" games are a myth in the NFL. 

Especially for .500 teams. 

I dont believe in trap games, but players and coaches do just go through the motions, I am sure at practice and film room sessions.  Out on the field today it definitely looked that way. It was a disinterested team we put out there. 

Reich cost the Colts this game by being either overconfident or arrogant going for both the 4th downs.  After missing the 1st one, he should have just taken the FGs, as is usually done when on the road.  Now, I still love Reich as our coach, but he lost this game for the team.

4 minutes ago, SLILLINGTON10 said:

I dont believe in trap games, but players and coaches do just go through the motions, I am sure at practice and film room sessions.  Out on the field today it definitely looked that way. It was a disinterested team we put out there. 

I think the team just isn't that good and the Jacksonville defense played lights out. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, #12. said:

How did this offense go from looking ultra effecient and machine-like for a month to this?  

Frank was definitely off his game today.  Pep-like, or worse.

Actually, the Colts have been shut out for 6 quarters against the Jags. In their last meeting, the Colts put up 29 points in the first half and have been held scoreless since.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Flash7 said:

Actually, the Colts have been shut out for 6 quarters against the Jags. In their last meeting, the Colts put up 29 points in the first half and have been held scoreless since.

That's a little deceiving.  Hines and Cox had costly drops in that second half.   We were self destructing in the second half of the first fame. Today, it was just crap.  

The Jags D is legit. Good news though, they aren't going to be that good going forward because they can't afford all those guys. 

I can't believe Luck and Co. couldn't figure out anything today. It was bad, but we've seen aggravating games before against the Jags. 

Bad loss that screws up realistic playoff paths. 

Oh well, there's always next year, until 12 retires and then there's years after that. At some point this team will matter again.. I think..

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I dont understand why you dont kick the field goal with 2 plus mins left and let your d get the stop then you have a field goal to tie. 

Garbage.  Just garbage 

My thoughts exactaly. Your defense is handling the opponents offense all day long, trust on them. But apparently Reich doesen't like to kick field goals.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is funny is, if we get the 4th and Goal play and score a TD everyone on here would say he is a cool slick gambling man and should be COTY.  

His playcalling was awful all day long shuffle pass behind the LOS on 4th and goal that rarely works also end around on 4th and 1 to Ebron stupid trick plays almost never work.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is funny is, if we get the 4th and Goal play and score a TD everyone on here would say he is a cool slick gambling man and should be COTY.  

I'd still call it a bad gamble against a bad offense led by a guy who hadn't been a QB in any NFL win ever.