Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Bills are not a cupcake team

chad72

17 hours ago, chad72 said:

It is obvious you don't follow the Bills that you have to go to game 1. If Nathan Peterman plays, yes, we can make it ugly. :) 

If Josh Allen plays, he at least manages it better and gives his D a chance....

Looks like it most likely will be Peterman.

...McDermott described Allen’s outlook as “week to week.” The coach was then asked if that meant that Allen is definitely going to miss the team’s Week Seven trip to Indianapolis to face the Colts. “We’ll see. I’ll know a little more tomorrow, but we’ll see,” McDermott said, via Mike Rodak of ESPN.com...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/15/josh-allen-is-week-to-week-with-elbow-injury/

4 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

I have no problem with zone, or cover-2. Every NFL team has to use both.

But it goes way beyond "bend but don't break"...

Our pass coverage flat out stinks.

I don't remember ever  watching any defense, where there are so many receivers, running wide open, like you see against this years Colts.

In Sundays game, the Jets receivers were crossing and switching, and many times our defense didn't seem to know their coverage assignments and responsibilities. 

You can say we don't have talent,

But Desir, Moore, Hooker, Hairston, Geathers, Wilson, Farley etc. are not all terrible players, and Leonard is a considered good coverage LB.

So why do we get gashed so easily?

Sorry if you hate that I criticize them. But the defense cant get off the field, and Eberflus is the man in charge.

Moore, hairston and desir I don't think would start on any other team. Geathers and farely are more LB's than safeties. I think there's is one guy who is a good DB against the pass and that is Hooker, but moore is okay, I'm not totally ruling him out because he's played acceptable.

21 hours ago, Alex22 said:

I am Bills fan......

Bills were a playoff team last year, but Josh Allen is a rookie - he needs time before he becomes the MVP 

You call yourself a Bills fan and don't even mention that Buffalo went to Minnesota and built a 27-0 lead behind Josh Allen before winning 27-6?

It's only one of the biggest upset's of the early season.

The Bills may not be great,  but they're better than many here realize.....

• Like 1

21 hours ago, chad72 said:

I was talking about how the Bills' D is playing tough with Josh Allen being a decent game manager making them a tough out.

I was talking to a Bills fan, telling him it must be nice to have his QB throw from 82 yards and win a game. And granted he got injured. But he had 84 yards before he left and they were beating the Texans!! 

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You call yourself a Bills fan and don't even mention that Buffalo went to Minnesota and built a 27-0 lead behind Josh Allen before winning 27-6?

It's only one of the biggest upset's of the early season.

The Bills may not be great,  but they're better than many here realize.....

The common factor ....

josh allen isn’t doing anything .....

its too too early for him is mvp run he is just waiting for his opportunity to shine... 

As a 1-5 team we can't play any game like they're cupcakes. Plain and simple. We have the potentate be a very good team. But until we get out of our own way and cut down the stupid mistakes, drops and all the other crap we will not be winning games.

Bills average 12.6 points per game. 

Colts average 25.3 points per game. 

I know Andrew and the offense will give up at least a turnover and a pick 6.... But I still can't imagine luck can't outscore a backup bills qb. 

Colts put up 34 points on Houston. 

Bills put up 13 points on Houston. 

I know people love hating the Colts right now, but I think Lucks ability to throw up points is something the bills can't match. 

Bills continually can't score, we score plenty each game. There's no way the Bills' defense stops us at LOS.  Bottom line, this is a blow-out favoring the Colts.  I mean, a team with absolutely no quarterback to speak of and then combining that with one of the NFL's best.....to even argue that the Bills have a chance at the Colts home field with the Colts getting healthier bit by bit and getting totally ripped for bad play, is ludicrous.  They  (Colts) will be pumped up, angry, vengeful, and sharp.  Of course this is my prediction / opinion. 

On 10/15/2018 at 5:34 PM, The Fish said:

This Colts team isn't good, but they've got to win this game.

Watch LeSean go crazy and their D show up.

I just don't think that will happen.  Colts win, but against the Bills, it will just feel so blah.  A win is a win don't get me wrong...but you don't walk away from this win feeling like you've done much, even with my prediction of a complete blow-out victory.  Bills thoroughly thumped in this one.