Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Bills are not a cupcake team

chad72

In the NFL, nothing is for granted. The Bills have impressed me on defense, as to how they fight and keep games close. We do not have a playmaker like DeAndre Hopkins who can go beast mode on the best of CBs, which TreDavious White is. He had limited Keenan Allen, Davante Adams, and Stefon Diggs to few receptions and no TDs, only Hopkins' physicality got himself a TD. Not sure T.Y. can do what Hopkins did.

Our offense has to stay patient and not gift points to an anemic offense, that is the Bills' offense. At least the game is at home where our D will likely make more plays. 

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

In the NFL, nothing is for granted. The Bills have impressed me on defense, as to how they fight and keep games close. We do not have a playmaker like DeAndre Hopkins who can go beast mode on the best of CBs, which TreDavious White is. He had limited Keenan Allen, Davante Adams, and Stefon Diggs to few receptions and no TDs, only Hopkins' physicality got himself a TD. Not sure T.Y. can do what Hopkins did.

Our offense has to stay patient and not gift points to an anemic offense, that is the Bills' offense. At least the game is at home where our D will likely make more plays. 

Like the Ravens game?......

5 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

Like the Ravens game?......

It is obvious you don't follow the Bills that you have to go to game 1. If Nathan Peterman plays, yes, we can make it ugly. :) 

If Josh Allen plays, he at least manages it better and gives his D a chance. Plus, ever since Sean McDermott took over play calling from Leslie Frazier in the second half vs Chargers, the Bills have not given up many points, look it up. Since then, since Vontae Davis quit, they have been balling. Now Leslie Frazier is implementing what Sean McDermott has wanted since then. 

6 points to Vikings, limiting Rodgers to FGs, limiting the Titans, and considerably limiting DeShaun Watson today, this is not the Bills from game 1 or even game 2. Again, if Nathan Peterman plays because of the Josh Allen injury, all bets are off. But if Josh Allen plays, they will be a tough out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

It is obvious you don't follow the Bills that you have to go to game 1. If Nathan Peterman plays, yes, we can make it ugly. :) 

If Josh Allen plays, he at least manages it better and gives his D a chance. Plus, ever since Sean McDermott took over play calling from Leslie Frazier in the second half vs Chargers, the Bills have not given up many points, look it up. Since then, since Vontae Davis quit, they have been balling. Now Leslie Frazier is implementing what Sean McDermott has wanted since then. 

6 points to Vikings, limiting Rodgers to FGs, limiting the Titans, and considerably limiting DeShaun Watson today, this is not the Bills from game 1 or even game 2. Again, if Nathan Peterman plays because of the Josh Allen injury, all bets are off. But if Josh Allen plays, they will be a tough out.

I am Bills fan......

Bills were a playoff team last year, but Josh Allen is a rookie - he needs time before he becomes the MVP 

6 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

I am Bills fan......

Bills were a playoff team last year, but Josh Allen is a rookie - he needs time before he becomes the MVP 

56 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I like cupcakes...

Cupcakes are tasty, @Alex22 I think Allen got injured today? If so we will face Peterman. If we lose to Peterman that would be embarrassing. 

I would think the days of Colts fans (especially the ones on this board) walking around with a pretentious attitude as they talk down other teams is over after the past 3 seasons. The days of looking at the schedule and circling the easy wins are gone. If anything the Colts are the team that everyone circles because they know their one dimensional and will make a ton of mistakes. You have to believe that the Bills are watching tape of our WRs the last three games and are licking their chops.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

Do, your saying having starters can make a difference in a team.... I don’t think that’s true in Indy. Most fans here ignore that, when they want to +itch and moan.

If Peterman plays we should win. Problem is we dont execute and play enough mistake free football to be assured of anything. It's hard to feel confident with this team because they can't get out of their own way. I mean jeesh we are putting up damn near 40 points with a total scrub receiving corps. Think what that would be if we actually just cut out the nonsense. That and the damn gift turnovers. Jeesh this team is aggravating!

5 hours ago, Alex22 said:

I am Bills fan......

That is not the point I was discussing, I was talking about how the Bills' D is playing tough with Josh Allen being a decent game manager making them a tough out. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Do, your saying having starters can make a difference in a team.... I don’t think that’s true in Indy. Most fans here ignore that, when they want to +itch and moan.

True. Right now, the Bills are relatively healthy except the recent injury to Josh Allen. We will see if Peterman plays, fingers crossed. :) 

14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

True. Right now, the Bills are relatively healthy except the recent injury to Josh Allen. We will see if Peterman plays, fingers crossed. :) 

Peterman would give us the better chance, but not a shoe in by any means.  

The Bills defense has been showing up.  

I'm a little surprised that the Colts are favored so high in this one.  Buffalo Bills at Indianapolis Colts (-6.5).

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

Peterman would give us the better chance, but not a shoe in by any means.  

The Bills defense has been showing up.  

I'm a little surprised that the Colts are favored so high in this one.  Buffalo Bills at Indianapolis Colts (-6.5).

Because Luck might throw a pick six and 2 INTs but follow it up with Favre like 3 TDs. Great for fantasy that does not penalize INTs much, but points to the opposition nevertheless. Besides, outside the Vikings' surprise game, the Bills' offense has been pedestrian on the road. That explains the point spread.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Because Luck might throw a pick six and 2 INTs but follow it up with Favre like 3 TDs. Great for fantasy that does not penalize INTs much, but points to the opposition nevertheless. Besides, outside the Vikings' surprise game, the Bills' offense has been pedestrian on the road.

You are correct.  The Bills offense hasn't been very good this season.   They are near the bottom in total yards gained.  

They are also near the top on yards given up by their defense (they have given up the 3rd fewest of the teams who have played 6 games).

1 minute ago, Myles said:

You are correct.  The Bills offense hasn't been very good this season.   They are near the bottom in total yards gained.  

They are also near the top on yards given up by their defense (they have given up the 3rd fewest of the teams who have played 6 games).

You HAVE TO run it against them and not keep slinging it. We should be able to do that against them, better than passing, with Mack back.

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

Nathan Peterman will probably come out, and look like Dan Marino against Matt Eberflus' zone defense.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

I thought we would beat the Jets. And we got a whoopin'. BUT, I like our chances again since we are at home. I hope we limit the turnovers and the bone headed mistakes.

We have a legitimate shot at 2-14. I'm optimistic!

22 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Nathan Peterman will probably come out, and look like Dan Marino against Matt Eberflus' zone defense.

I hate when people that criticize this defense, Eberflus is good, is it that you don't like zone defense or the tampa 2 because this is what it is. The scheme and coach is there. We just don't have the talent to be a great defense. So if you don't like the defense, it's not eberflus, you just don't like the scheme. Which is understandable cause it's hard to watch a bend but don't brake defense.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chad72 said:

You HAVE TO run it against them and not keep slinging it. We should be able to do that against them, better than passing, with Mack back.

I'm hoping Mack is really that much of an improvement and it wasn't just the Jets.

8 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

I hate when people that criticize this defense, Eberflus is good, is it that you don't like zone defense or the tampa 2 because this is what it is. The scheme and coach is there. We just don't have the talent to be a great defense. So if you don't like the defense, it's not eberflus, you just don't like the scheme. Which is understandable cause it's hard to watch a bend but don't brake defense.

It just bent too far and too often.  

I'm not really too worried about the defense.   I think the young guys will keep improving.   Leonard and Walker are both 23 and look like very good LB's.   Hooker is 22 and is better each game.   The oldest player on defense is Hunt at 31.   

7 hours ago, CaptainColt12 said:

I have no problem with zone, or cover-2. Every NFL team has to use both.

But it goes way beyond "bend but don't break"...

Our pass coverage flat out stinks.

I don't remember ever  watching any defense, where there are so many receivers, running wide open, like you see against this years Colts.

In Sundays game, the Jets receivers were crossing and switching, and many times our defense didn't seem to know their coverage assignments and responsibilities. 

You can say we don't have talent,

But Desir, Moore, Hooker, Hairston, Geathers, Wilson, Farley etc. are not all terrible players, and Leonard is a considered good coverage LB.

So why do we get gashed so easily?

Sorry if you hate that I criticize them. But the defense cant get off the field, and Eberflus is the man in charge.

• Like 1