Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThorstenDenmark

My Colts Tattoo

Hello Colts fans

I just got my Colts tattoo finished and would like to show it to you guys and ladies :)

So, the story behind my tattoo or symbolic of it, is that as a former soldier ind the danish army and with multiple tours to Iraq and Kosovo, I have been diagnosed with PTSD. A condition that many formers vets have been diagnosed with both in the US and in Denmark. 

But as a huge Colts fan and sports fan, what better way than combine those two things in a tattoo and create something unique thats tell me and those who see it, that my PTSD shall not hold me back or let it ruin me and my dreams.

Most of you remember when Pat McAfee delivered one hell of a hit to Trindon Holliday, if not, then go watch it.

I thought that hit should be incorporated in my tattoo and be the inspiration to idea behind it. 

So the colts player hitting the PTSD (the soldier in my tattoo) is supposed to be Pat McAfee.

Again I would just show my tattoo with you guys and hopefully you like it as much as I do.

Go Colts

Peace and Love from Denmark

882554209_Skrmbillede2018-08-12kl_14_15_05.thumb.png.2fb713a0eab7d0368a33ad609c4c384f.png

That's incredible! So cool.

Best wishes to you! 

That is Awesome! Love it when tattoos have a meaning or story to tell. PTSD is no joke and comes from a lot of different places. I’m glad there are so many different ways for those affected to cope. Just remember, you are not alone.  :shake:

*edit... I hope you don’t mind, but I just had someone  share a link to this thread on McAfees Instagram, hope he sees it!

1 hour ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Hello Colts fans

I just got my Colts tattoo finished and would like to show it to you guys and ladies :)

So, the story behind my tattoo or symbolic of it, is that as a former soldier ind the danish army and with multiple tours to Iraq and Kosovo, I have been diagnosed with PTSD. A condition that many formers vets have been diagnosed with both in the US and in Denmark. 

But as a huge Colts fan and sports fan, what better way than combine those two things in a tattoo and create something unique thats tell me and those who see it, that my PTSD shall not hold me back or let it ruin me and my dreams.

Most of you remember when Pat McAfee delivered one hell of a hit to Trindon Holliday, if not, then go watch it.

I thought that hit should be incorporated in my tattoo and be the inspiration to idea behind it. 

So the colts player hitting the PTSD (the soldier in my tattoo) is supposed to be Pat McAfee.

Again I would just show my tattoo with you guys and hopefully you like it as much as I do.

Go Colts

Peace and Love from Denmark

882554209_Skrmbillede2018-08-12kl_14_15_05.thumb.png.2fb713a0eab7d0368a33ad609c4c384f.png

First of all.... thanks for your service and partnership in the Iraq and Kosovo campaigns. Among many multinational programs at Edwards AFB, we supported Danish pilots conducting test flights and they were great people to work with.

The tattoo is awesome in its design and in the healing meaning that it represents.

My prayers are with you, that you receive whatever  help, support and healing you need with PTSD.... you are brave and show strength by sharing the battle you fight... and you’ll always have friends here to listen.

So pursue your dreams and your purpose....and never give up, my friend! 

You truly are a Great Dane! 

Here's a hypothetical. If Roger Goodell came up to anyone in here Privately and told you he would fix it to where the Colts would go 19-0 and win the SB, would you guys get a small Horseshoe that said Colts above it Tattooed on your forehead :funny:? Everyone would see it, your co-workers, family, strangers but imagine the bragging rights you would have Football wise haha. You could say the Colts are the only team in NFL history to go 19-0 and win the SB. Not even the Pats have done that  :thmup:

That is great @ThorstenDenmark, really smart design and obviously means a lot to you, as well as a good conversation piece to open tough conversations with others who may have been/are going through the same.

Great stuff my friend. 

6 hours ago, HOZER said:

*edit... I hope you don’t mind, but I just had someone  share a link to this thread on McAfees Instagram, hope he sees it!

Thank you and if he do see it, I hope he smiles and remember when he made that hit on Trindon Holliday ;)

"Boss....... Dee Plane!   Dee Plane!"

oh, sorry, i thought this was a fantasy island thread.

Carry on.

10 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

"Boss....... Dee Plane!   Dee Plane!"

oh, sorry, i thought this was a fantasy island thread.

Carry on.

The Wrath of Khan would be proud!

An awesome meaning behind the tattoo, but also a beautiful, well done tattoo :thmup: thanks for sharing.

Not gonna lie, I was expecting a  horseshoe on a calf haha 

First and foremost, Thanks for your service and what you do to keep this world a better place! Secondly, wow! That does look really good! Lots of nice detail in there and the composition of everything turned out really well. I'm the same with @CamMo, I clicked the thread thinking oh great, someone had their buddy scribble a non symmetrical horseshoe on their upper arm or something. LOL

Wow. That is incredible. I love the.intricate detail such as the shell casing in the skull's mouth. Good luck with your PTSD. Now that football season has started I hope the Colts , win or lose, will alleviate some stress for you.

@ThorstenDenmark: Thank you for being brave enough to openly disclose that you suffer from PTSD. Some military personnel are comfortable stating that while others struggle to be that forthcoming.

There's nothing rotten in the state of Denmark about the craftsmanship of your tattoo [Hamlet play on words BTW.] It's exceptionally well detailed. Wow! Did it hurt? The process from start to finish? Are you satisfied with the finished product itself? 

One of the things I admire about this forum is the international fans our fanbase attracts. Folks from Hungary, Scotland, Germany, & now Denmark. Nice. 

Appreciate your backstory & service in  Kosovo. One of my graduate History professors was born there, spent time in Bosnia, & eventually came to the United States. Anyway, thanks for sharing the significance of your tat. 

On 8/13/2018 at 3:07 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here's a hypothetical. If Roger Goodell came up to anyone in here Privately and told you he would fix it to where the Colts would go 19-0 and win the SB, would you guys get a small Horseshoe that said Colts above it Tattooed on your forehead :funny:? Everyone would see it, your co-workers, family, strangers but imagine the bragging rights you would have Football wise haha. You could say the Colts are the only team in NFL history to go 19-0 and win the SB. Not even the Pats have done that  :thmup:

Sounds good to me. Where do I sign up? 

5 hours ago, southwest1 said:

@ThorstenDenmark: Thank you for being brave enough to openly disclose that you suffer from PTSD. Some military personnel are comfortable stating that while others struggle to be that forthcoming.

There's nothing rotten in the state of Denmark about the craftsmanship of your tattoo [Hamlet play on words BTW.] It's exceptionally well detailed. Wow! Did it hurt? The process from start to finish? Are you satisfied with the finished product itself? 

One of the things I admire about this forum is the international fans our fanbase attracts. Folks from Hungary, Scotland, Germany, & now Denmark. Nice. 

Appreciate your backstory & service in  Kosovo. One of my graduate History professors was born there, spent time in Bosnia, & eventually came to the United States. Anyway, thanks for sharing the significance of your tat. 

Hello and thank you for the kind words. 

In Denmark we don't really know what the beep happened to Trish Regan and her "well" researched comparison between Denmark and Venezuela, but I think she's a bit rotten herself ;)

But back to my tattoo, I took 17 hours to get inked on my arm and the design was made by a Russian living in the United States. And my tattoo artist here in Denmark who made it, is from Latvia :) So It cant be more international than that ;) 

Did it hurt... well... every single tattoo "hurt" a bit, but It's not like a very painful experience. 

Yes I'm very satisfied and as one commented in here, It's a good icebreaker when starting a conversation.  

And regarding the international fanbase, I believe that there have been Danes on this forum for 6-7 years now, maybe longer, as I have been here since 2011 and have been a colts fan since 1997, when they started transmitting NFL on Danish TV. 

But who, wherefrom and how long people have been a Colts fan, really dosen't matter. The most important thing is that we all are part of the expanding Colts nation ;) 

Go Colts

15 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Hello and thank you for the kind words. 

In Denmark we don't really know what the beep happened to Trish Regan and her "well" researched comparison between Denmark and Venezuela, but I think she's a bit rotten herself ;)

But back to my tattoo, I took 17 hours to get inked on my arm and the design was made by a Russian living in the United States. And my tattoo artist here in Denmark who made it, is from Latvia :) So It cant be more international than that ;) 

Did it hurt... well... every single tattoo "hurt" a bit, but It's not like a very painful experience. 

Yes I'm very satisfied and as one commented in here, It's a good icebreaker when starting a conversation.  

And regarding the international fanbase, I believe that there have been Danes on this forum for 6-7 years now, maybe longer, as I have been here since 2011 and have been a colts fan since 1997, when they started transmitting NFL on Danish TV. 

But who, wherefrom and how long people have been a Colts fan, really dosen't matter. The most important thing is that we all are part of the expanding Colts nation ;) 

Go Colts

You're welcome Thorsten. Part of me is fascinated by body art because the level of detail, the vividness of the ink, & the skill of creators & needle technicians is second to none now. I imagine your 17 hour masterpiece is quite the conversation starter indeed. Yeah, it is pretty cool that the individuals who played a vital role in your tattoo's inception & completion came from such diverse backgrounds as well like you mentioned. 

I probably will never get a tattoo myself. I'm not real comfortable with anything being inserted into or underneath my skin for recreational purposes. Having said all that, it doesn't diminish from the superior design of yours though. You should be very proud of it. 

Yes, Colts fans come from every state, country, or commonwealth imaginable. Well said. Nice chatting with you. I'm just glad you didn't have second thoughts about your final design say 10 hours into the process. You know that what you expected it to be in the end. It ultimately was meaning you weren't disappointed when all was said & done. Sweet!