Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Colts Tattoo

ThorstenDenmark

That is Awesome! Love it when tattoos have a meaning or story to tell. PTSD is no joke and comes from a lot of different places. I’m glad there are so many different ways for those affected to cope. Just remember, you are not alone.  :shake:

*edit... I hope you don’t mind, but I just had someone  share a link to this thread on McAfees Instagram, hope he sees it!

• Like 6

Here's a hypothetical. If Roger Goodell came up to anyone in here Privately and told you he would fix it to where the Colts would go 19-0 and win the SB, would you guys get a small Horseshoe that said Colts above it Tattooed on your forehead :funny:? Everyone would see it, your co-workers, family, strangers but imagine the bragging rights you would have Football wise haha. You could say the Colts are the only team in NFL history to go 19-0 and win the SB. Not even the Pats have done that  :thmup:

• Like 2

First and foremost, Thanks for your service and what you do to keep this world a better place! Secondly, wow! That does look really good! Lots of nice detail in there and the composition of everything turned out really well. I'm the same with @CamMo, I clicked the thread thinking oh great, someone had their buddy scribble a non symmetrical horseshoe on their upper arm or something. LOL

• Like 3

@ThorstenDenmark: Thank you for being brave enough to openly disclose that you suffer from PTSD. Some military personnel are comfortable stating that while others struggle to be that forthcoming.

There's nothing rotten in the state of Denmark about the craftsmanship of your tattoo [Hamlet play on words BTW.] It's exceptionally well detailed. Wow! Did it hurt? The process from start to finish? Are you satisfied with the finished product itself? 

One of the things I admire about this forum is the international fans our fanbase attracts. Folks from Hungary, Scotland, Germany, & now Denmark. Nice. 

Appreciate your backstory & service in  Kosovo. One of my graduate History professors was born there, spent time in Bosnia, & eventually came to the United States. Anyway, thanks for sharing the significance of your tat. 

• Like 2

On 8/13/2018 at 3:07 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here's a hypothetical. If Roger Goodell came up to anyone in here Privately and told you he would fix it to where the Colts would go 19-0 and win the SB, would you guys get a small Horseshoe that said Colts above it Tattooed on your forehead :funny:? Everyone would see it, your co-workers, family, strangers but imagine the bragging rights you would have Football wise haha. You could say the Colts are the only team in NFL history to go 19-0 and win the SB. Not even the Pats have done that  :thmup:

Sounds good to me. Where do I sign up? 

5 hours ago, southwest1 said:

@ThorstenDenmark: Thank you for being brave enough to openly disclose that you suffer from PTSD. Some military personnel are comfortable stating that while others struggle to be that forthcoming.

There's nothing rotten in the state of Denmark about the craftsmanship of your tattoo [Hamlet play on words BTW.] It's exceptionally well detailed. Wow! Did it hurt? The process from start to finish? Are you satisfied with the finished product itself? 

One of the things I admire about this forum is the international fans our fanbase attracts. Folks from Hungary, Scotland, Germany, & now Denmark. Nice. 

Appreciate your backstory & service in  Kosovo. One of my graduate History professors was born there, spent time in Bosnia, & eventually came to the United States. Anyway, thanks for sharing the significance of your tat. 

Hello and thank you for the kind words. 

In Denmark we don't really know what the beep happened to Trish Regan and her "well" researched comparison between Denmark and Venezuela, but I think she's a bit rotten herself ;)

But back to my tattoo, I took 17 hours to get inked on my arm and the design was made by a Russian living in the United States. And my tattoo artist here in Denmark who made it, is from Latvia :) So It cant be more international than that ;) 

Did it hurt... well... every single tattoo "hurt" a bit, but It's not like a very painful experience. 

Yes I'm very satisfied and as one commented in here, It's a good icebreaker when starting a conversation.  

And regarding the international fanbase, I believe that there have been Danes on this forum for 6-7 years now, maybe longer, as I have been here since 2011 and have been a colts fan since 1997, when they started transmitting NFL on Danish TV. 

But who, wherefrom and how long people have been a Colts fan, really dosen't matter. The most important thing is that we all are part of the expanding Colts nation ;) 

Go Colts

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Hello and thank you for the kind words. 

In Denmark we don't really know what the beep happened to Trish Regan and her "well" researched comparison between Denmark and Venezuela, but I think she's a bit rotten herself ;)

But back to my tattoo, I took 17 hours to get inked on my arm and the design was made by a Russian living in the United States. And my tattoo artist here in Denmark who made it, is from Latvia :) So It cant be more international than that ;) 

Did it hurt... well... every single tattoo "hurt" a bit, but It's not like a very painful experience. 

Yes I'm very satisfied and as one commented in here, It's a good icebreaker when starting a conversation.  

And regarding the international fanbase, I believe that there have been Danes on this forum for 6-7 years now, maybe longer, as I have been here since 2011 and have been a colts fan since 1997, when they started transmitting NFL on Danish TV. 

But who, wherefrom and how long people have been a Colts fan, really dosen't matter. The most important thing is that we all are part of the expanding Colts nation ;) 

Go Colts

You're welcome Thorsten. Part of me is fascinated by body art because the level of detail, the vividness of the ink, & the skill of creators & needle technicians is second to none now. I imagine your 17 hour masterpiece is quite the conversation starter indeed. Yeah, it is pretty cool that the individuals who played a vital role in your tattoo's inception & completion came from such diverse backgrounds as well like you mentioned. 

I probably will never get a tattoo myself. I'm not real comfortable with anything being inserted into or underneath my skin for recreational purposes. Having said all that, it doesn't diminish from the superior design of yours though. You should be very proud of it. 

Yes, Colts fans come from every state, country, or commonwealth imaginable. Well said. Nice chatting with you. I'm just glad you didn't have second thoughts about your final design say 10 hours into the process. You know that what you expected it to be in the end. It ultimately was meaning you weren't disappointed when all was said & done. Sweet! 

• Like 1