Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 NFL Draft Thread

LucasOilStadium

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Proof?  I'm not in the draft room. 

It was reported that they offered the same trade to Denver at 5, who killed the deal while on the clock because Chubb was on the Board. Then they traded with TB at 7.  And at the quick presser, CB said he had offers.  I'm connecting the dots.

well nasa says they think they found bacteria on mars, does that mean that Aliens have visited Earth and are living in Area 51...

3 minutes ago, esmort said:

If TB got that, it is pretty safe to assume we could have gotten at least that ... they knew the Colts pick was likely in play I would bet they called Colts before TB.

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

You know that the proof isn’t available, certainly not right now.

Ballard said he turned down an offer, given the Bills went after the next pick, it’s really not illogical to make an assumption we might have received a similar offer.

Could they not have played us off against TB and we wanted more. 

Yes and I think it was an odd pick by SF there were better players available, positional value and all.

Not really they feel like they got their QB the most important thing is LT once you have your franchise QB it was pretty clear 49ers were going to get him if he was still available. Joe Staley is 33 they going the smart route and finding a replacement before they don't have a replacement.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jesse Lafantaisie said:

LOL you do realize this is the exact trade they did with the Bucs who picked right after the Colts right so its very clear Ballard could've of made this trade but opted Nelson was too good to pass up...

again.. no proof.  Is it likely that they did make this offer? Sure but its also likely that Oswald had help planning the JFK killing but do you have proof? No. 

And again, as Ballard said, he'd only trade down again if an offer came that blew him away.  Gaining 20% in value isn't being blown a way.

1 minute ago, Jesse Lafantaisie said:

Not really they feel like they got their QB the most important thing is LT once you have your franchise QB it was pretty clear 49ers were going to get him if he was still available. Joe Staley is 33 they going the smart route and finding a replacement before they don't have a replacement.

I understand that, but I don’t think he’s a stand out LT prospect and you could have got similar talent at a much lower pick. 

But there’s a reason I’m posting here tonight and not living it up in a war room...

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

That was my point mate, some folk are acting like they know exactly what panned out though. 

Indeed, but I think it’s not a completely off the wall hypothesis and it’s a valid question to ask when you’re discussing Nelson as a pick. 

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

again.. no proof.  Is it likely that they did make this offer? Sure but its also likely that Oswald had help planning the JFK killing but do you have proof? No. 

And again, as Ballard said, he'd only trade down again if an offer came that blew him away.  Gaining 20% in value isn't being blown a way.

Aliens and Oswald :lol: Maybe a tad OTT in the comparisons there! 

• Like 2

Just now, Jesse Lafantaisie said:

JFK? really your just being an * your acting like the Bucs picked #5 before the Colts and traded with Bills then you would be correct but the reality is the Colts picked right before this trade was made meaning they 100% could've gotten this trade if they wanted it. It's like saying the Giants couldn't of gotten the same offer the Colts did its beyond stupid.

It didn’t happen and no one here knows why and those who do not care what we think

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

well nasa says they think they found bacteria on mars, does that mean that Aliens have visited Earth and are living in Area 51...

You're right.  They offered the team just behind us pick 53 and 56, but they offered Ballard pick 100 and a ham sandwich.

I understand that, but I don’t think he’s a stand out LT prospect and you could have got similar talent at a much lower pick. 

But there’s a reason I’m posting here tonight and not living it up in a war room...

That's biased thinking tho as hes the clear cut best OT in the draft. Something the NFL is lacking is enough talent at OT to go around and he is the safest bet for any team looking for one. It's a very weak draft class for OT. The next best guy is Kolton Miller but he will most likely be a RT. It also depends what you think their pick could've been instead of an OT?

• Like 1

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

For a 3rd, makes you wonder what they were asking for him a few months back.

I guess Bryant really wore out his welcome.  They sent him to a state where smoking weed is legal too.

1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

To be clear I think Nelson is a plug and play starter for the next 5 years. I just agree with other posters that there might have possibly been potential of more opportunity. 

Colts drafted a player, not a potential. There is a difference IMO.

• Like 2