Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

2018 NFL Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Any takers for Ridley in the 2nd or is it too soon after Dorset :hide:

i'd be okay with it, we need someone opposite of Hilton that is consistent.  Especially given that WR in this draft is weak and we really didn't get any help there in FA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

I think taking Barkley, despite the obvious talent, was a luxury pick by the Giants. If you’re not taking a QB surely you’d trade? 

 

I liked their pick, improves their whole team from day one,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

They certainly have as many issues on the O line and shipped their best pass rusher. 

yeah, i was really thinking they'd go Chubb after that trade of JPP. I then figured the Browns would grab Barkley at 4.  Honestly, I was fully expecting Nelson to go Denver. Boy was i wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Wow!!!

 

Saints gave up a future first for him???

Yeah, this really surprised me too. I didn't see Davenport being worth two 1st-rounders, but to each their own. I hope in a few years Indy follows the Saints model. NO has finally invested into their defense after building that monster offense. With a defensive Round 2 tomorrow, maybe we can be on our way...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many good players falling. I am almost at the point where I want us to trade up for Harold Landry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bluebombers87 said:

Guard helps protect Luck. Guard allows receivers to run routes. Guard opens up holes for RB. Offense scores points. You need points to win games.

I'd like to hear you describe more things. Very simple yet highly effective at explaining the value of G :funny::lol:

 

Btw I totally agree with you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

 

I liked their pick, improves their whole team from day one,

 

I think as me and @csmopar said they have issues on both sides of the trenches and while Barkley is a home run threat consistent success comes from strong lines. Throw in having a QB that’s near expired and it’s a luxury unless you plan on picking top 5 next year. Even then you could argue the QB class for 2019 is weaker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pelt said:

Miami about to be screwed out of Rosen... haha

 

Good to see another person who revels in Miami's misery. I hated the Phins back during the Manning years. Glad to see them miss out on yet another QB. Hilarious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooo didn’t see Falcons going WR! With Jones talking about holding out that’s interesting. 

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

 

I think they’ll take Mason Rudolph

 

Jackson doesn’t seem like a NE type QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

Ooo didn’t see Falcons going WR! With Jones talking about holding out that’s interesting. 

possibly trading julio?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Hot take poll then.. of the QBs taken, who starts day 1 and who has the best overall rookie year? 

i think Darnold starts.  Mayfield i think rides behind Tyrod for a few games, then takes over by week 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Surge89 said:

 

There are plenty of comparable guards in this draft... Wynn Hernandez Price Ragnow all have just as much ability as Nelson.  And 2 of those are even a better fit in our offense... We will be predominantly in zone and a zone guard doesn't have to be the best guard ever to be productive.

 

Notice how Wynn, Price and Ragnow are all gone by pick #23. I doubt Hernandez lasts much longer. I think we were all fine passing on Nelson, assuming that one of these other elite G's fell to Round 2. But with these guys going early, I sure am glad to not have missed on a blue-chip lineman. Just saying...

 

On another note, NO WAY this happens. But Harold Landry still hasn't been chosen and we're at pick #26. Surely he won't fall into our laps in Round 2... right?? :goodluck:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Hot take poll then.. of the QBs taken, who starts day 1 and who has the best overall rookie year? 

Allen.  He has the better team around him and a lighter division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

I think as me and @csmopar said they have issues on both sides of the trenches and while Barkley is a home run threat consistent success comes from strong lines. Throw in having a QB that’s near expired and it’s a luxury unless you plan on picking top 5 next year. Even then you could argue the QB class for 2019 is weaker. 

 

He automatically helps take some pressure off Eli, so they can wait a little longer for a QB imo. Going to open the field more for their talented WR’s and also help out their defense by having their offense on the field longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SteelCityColt said:

 

What would you take/offer for him?

being that its painfully obvious he wants traded and out of Alanta with his recent stunts and being a 29 year old WR... maybe a 3rd. possibly a 2nd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, csmopar said:

so much for him being there at pick 35 huh...

Yep, Ragnow, Price, and Wynn all gone. So if we didn't take Nelson we would've been crap out of luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Ooo didn’t see Falcons going WR! With Jones talking about holding out that’s interesting. 

 

Idk maybe they just wanted someone better than Sanu to take some attention away from Julio Jones. They did lose Taylor Gabriel in FA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, csmopar said:

i think Darnold starts.  Mayfield i think rides behind Tyrod for a few games, then takes over by week 6.

 

Darnold and Allen to start, Rosen and Mayfield to sit to start. 

 

Rosen in by Week 3 when Bradfield is injured.... again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pables21 said:

 

Notice how Wynn, Price and Ragnow are all gone by pick #23. I doubt Hernandez lasts much longer. I think we were all fine passing on Nelson, assuming that one of these other elite G's fell to Round 2. But with these guys going early, I sure am glad to not have missed on a blue-chip lineman. Just saying...

 

On another note, NO WAY this happens. But Harold Landry still hasn't been chosen and we're at pick #26. Surely he won't fall into our laps in Round 2... right?? :goodluck:

exactly

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, Ragnow, Price, and Wynn all gone. So if we didn't take Nelson we would've been crap out of luck.

hmm so maybe Ballard isn't as dumb as people think...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Idk maybe they just wanted someone better than Sanu to take some attention away from Julio Jones. They did lose Taylor Gabriel in FA. 

 

True but that’s a high investment in a WR when you already have Jones. Still they have a pretty strong roster on both sides. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...