Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

2018 NFL Draft Thread

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

3 LBs gone, it’s going to be slim pickings later

Only 1 guard taken so far in a deep guard draft

Yeah, the run starts here.  Smart teams pick their interior lineman in the 20s.  We picked ours at 18 one year, but that was from a stupid jerk of a GM.

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

3 LBs gone, it’s going to be slim pickings later

Only 1 guard taken so far in a deep guard draft

You jinxed it that's 2. How long does Hernandez last?

Titans GM is an ex-Patriot, so wanted to move ahead to get Will Hernandez???

Or was it for Josh Jackson?

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Colts drafted a player, not a potential. There is a difference IMO.

All picks are potential only, unless Nelson played in the NFL already and I missed it. I agree he’s a “safer” pick. 

I meant the opportunity potential to possibly walk away from 2 starters from the 1st round. 

39 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So would have two Gs in the 2nd.  Its not the player, its the incremental value we're giving up.

There is nobody who would have advocated trading 12, 53, and 56 to move up for Nelson.  Nobody.  Be happy about the player if you want, but rationalizing the pick given alternatives makes no sense.

But onward to the rest of the draft. Go Colts.

Using that logic no one wouldn't take their #3 and trade it for Nelson and 3 2nd round picks.  

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah but Nelson isn't? Just asking. Nelson will be much better than this guy.

I'll have to admit, the tapes I saw of Ragnow he moved his man downfield. 

The tapes I saw of Nelson, he stood his man up, and they both stood in place with hands down and chin pointed towards the air like two Sea Lions fighting for domination.  I guess looking like a Sea Lion is close to being a beast.

24 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Aliens and Oswald :lol: Maybe a tad OTT in the comparisons there! 

That was the intention...:lol:

25 minutes ago, Jesse Lafantaisie said:

JFK? really your just being an * your acting like the Bucs picked #5 before the Colts and traded with Bills then you would be correct but the reality is the Colts picked right before this trade was made meaning they 100% could've gotten this trade if they wanted it. It's like saying the Giants couldn't of gotten the same offer the Colts did from the Jets for the #3 pick its beyond stupid.

No not at all. I'm simply saying you shouldnt make assumptions based on incomplete information. 

Side note @SteelCityColt  i found that personal shot you alluded too, see the bolded....haha

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

A lot of the defensive talent flying off the board, making for slim pickings in the 2nd if you need D...

Holding out hope for one of Josh Jackson, Mo Hurst, or Taven Bryan being available early 2nd.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

The tapes I saw of Nelson, he stood his man up, and they both stood in place with hands down and chin pointed towards the air like two Sea Lions fighting for domination.  I guess looking like a Sea Lion is close to being a beast.

You dont wanna mess with Sea Lions, they will jack you up. Angry critters lol.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

didnt notice that, but I did notice him pancaking one Bradley Chubb

4 minutes ago, Shepman said:

Using that logic no one wouldn't take their #3 and trade it for Nelson and 3 2nd round picks.  

@Shepman drops mike, walks off stage. :scoregood:

2 minutes ago, BCoop said:

Holding out hope for one of Josh Jackson, Mo Hurst, or Taven Bryan being available early 2nd.

I do think a good CB will be there in the 2nd. 

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I am out of LIKES again. but here :thmup:. Funny stuff haha 

9 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

All picks are potential only, unless Nelson played in the NFL already and I missed it. I agree he’s a “safer” pick. 

I meant the opportunity potential to possibly walk away from 2 starters from the 1st round. 

for what it is worth...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000000928989/Instant-Draft-Grade-Quenton-Nelson-A

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Wow

??

4 minutes ago, Shepman said:

The Jets actually traded 3 seconds to move up 3 slots.  Nobody would have been stupid enough to give up Nelson and 5 seconds to move up 9 spots.  But if the Jets were on the clock at 3 and that trade was offered, they'd take it in a second and pick Allen or Rosen at 12.

Patriots with a good pick in Isaiah Wynn. I thought he was the 3rd best lineman in the draft behind Nelson and McGlinchey.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pats took Wynn, announced him as a Tackle? I thought he played Guard mostly?

:Cry: No "Vikes for the Wynn"

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He has/can play both

so much for him being there at pick 35 huh...

He played left tackle for Georgia last year but many projected him to be a guard because of his size. I think he could play tackle still personally.

The Jets actually traded 3 seconds to move up 3 slots.  Nobody would have been stupid enough to give up Nelson and 5 seconds to move up 9 spots.  But if the Jets were on the clock at 3 and that trade was offered, they'd take it in a second and pick Allen or Rosen at 12.

for what its worth... And this is Giants fans sitting with the number 2... 65% voted Nelson

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/makethecase/article-1/Make-the-Case-DL-Bradley-Chubb-vs-OL-Quenton-Nelson-/217d07d3-0932-4457-8ec6-7aa80c1708b2

Just now, csmopar said:

Again.. As a player very happy with Nelson, first world complaints and all that. But I’d have liked to possibly tske Edmunds at 12 and trade back into the 1st to snag a faller. 

Of course it’s just armchair talk.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I think taking Barkley, despite the obvious talent, was a luxury pick by the Giants. If you’re not taking a QB surely you’d trade? 

But they took Barkley, a guy who can actually score 6 points by himself.

Nelson's fine.  Stupid not to take the trade though.

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Again.. As a player very happy with Nelson, first world complaints and all that. But I’d have liked to possibly tske Edmunds at 12 and trade back into the 1st to snag a faller. 

Of course it’s just armchair talk.

sorry, quoted the wrong post, my bad.  

If it is the Falcons, they have always mocked Taven Bryan to them. If he gets past the Ravens, Dan Quinn will probably get him. Or they could fill their OG spot with Will Hernandez since they do need an OG.

Ravens' Ozzie likes Bama guys (Mosley, Upshaw etc.) and Belichick moved up to get ahead of Ozzie in the first round to get Donta Hightower. So I am thinking Ravens go with Calvin Ridley??? 

I think taking Barkley, despite the obvious talent, was a luxury pick by the Giants. If you’re not taking a QB surely you’d trade? 

I agree 110%.  That and the Browns taking Ward at 4 stand as too big wow moments to me anyway.  Barkley is gonna make the Giants relevant again but they arguably have more holes in the roster than we do and they have a QB that's on his last breathe as a starting QB.

3 minutes ago, Aces101 said:

I’m hoping Taven Bryan is there when the Colts pick next.

Falcons would love to have him. But, never say never. :) 

Any takers for Ridley in the 2nd or is it too soon after Dorset :hide:

I like Ridley personally, and the Colts need to get a wr.

But they took Barkley, a guy who can actually score 6 points by himself.

Nelson's fine.  Stupid not to take the trade though.

If Buffalo had offered both 1sts, which the announcers said very clearly buffalo did not offer them to anyone, than I'd agree. But it's 2 late second rounders. 

I agree 110%.  That and the Browns taking Ward at 4 stand as too big wow moments to me anyway.  Barkley is gonna make the Giants relevant again but they arguably have more holes in the roster than we do and they have a QB that's on his last breathe as a starting QB.

They certainly have as many issues on the O line and shipped their best pass rusher.