Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did I Just See Peyton Throwing @ Duke?

The Fish

That definitely looks like him, throwing motion and everything. He's got some solid velocity on the ball. I have a feeling this workout wasn't supposed to be recorded though...

Well it's all over the local channels (Indy) now. This ought to get interesting to say the least. Wonder if we will hear from Irsay about this?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, March 3, 2012 - response
Hidden by shecolt, March 3, 2012 - response

"Manning is an annoying little goofball. If you want to throw for the Colts then take a close up video if you’re so healthy. Stop being so veiled. I’m going to celebrate when they cut him".

So these comments convey your respect for his skills and what he's done for the Colts?

Well he's been on the board for 11 days and I haven't seen any respect for Manning in any of the post he has made. Sounds like a :troll: to me. Maybe if they release him and resign him to a new contract he will leave.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, March 3, 2012 - response
Hidden by shecolt, March 3, 2012 - response

Well he's been on the board for 11 days and I haven't seen any respect for Manning in any of the post he has made. Sounds like a :troll: to me. Maybe if they release him and resign him to a new contract he will leave.

Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade. To quote the wordsmith Yogi Berra"It's deja vu all over again"

what are you talking about

Which cliche do you prefer?

1. It is what it is?
  2. Calling it like I see it?
  3. Calling a spade a spade?

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a troll.

There are many people here that espouse the same desire to move on, but they do so with respect and in a way that only means to convey their opinion. You, however, are being purposefully insulting to Manning and antagonizing to other members.

I'm just informing you how you're coming across to other members. What you do with that information is your choice. We get it, you hate Manning and you think he sucks.

Yeah some Colts fans would prefer to move on. Would prefer 10+ years of Luck over 4 more of Manning, But like you said, it's all about respect, but those are Colt fans not Luck fans pretending to be Colts fans at this point.

Oh please. The remarks made by you are not exactly 'nice' towards Manning. You got called on it, so own up.

On another note, i find it interesting more Colts players are joining Manning at Duke.. humm..

Those are nice compared to others I've seen. Like I said, this is deja vu. But hey, the first time was a hoot. I'm sure the 2nd will be too.

"Manning is an annoying little goofball. If you want to throw for the Colts then take a close up video if you’re so healthy. Stop being so veiled. I’m going to celebrate when they cut him".

So these comments convey your respect for his skills and what he's done for the Colts?

Something like that.

Why doesn't anyone think that Irsay would just give him the bonus at this rate?

If hes throwing like that I don't see why you wouldn't pay him?

Stop saying "OH PEYTON WANTS TO GO THE CHIEFS THEY HAVE BETTER DEFENSE!!11!"

He would have to get adjusted to a totally new system at 36.

Quote me now: He will be a Colt in 2012 and when he is for sure next week I'll make the biggest callout thread to ever exist on this forum.

Actually, they would have to get used to Peyton's system. Peyton won't change, and the Chief's fired offensive minded Haley and no longer have an OC. Looks like a decent scenario there, if we can't find the way to restructure his contract and keep him a Colt. To me, that contract is to risky to pick up on.

If you guys don't remember, previously there was the report that according to the new CBA the Colts wouldn't be allowed to watch Peyton throw, and that the only way he could show how well he's improving is by having a video leaked of him throwing...which is exactly what he did. If he wasn't feeling good about the way he was throwing all he would have to do is NOT leak a video, it's not like he was required to.

Actually, they would have to get used to Peyton's system. Peyton won't change, and the Chief's fired offensive minded Haley and no longer have an OC. Looks like a decent scenario there, if we can't find the way to restructure his contract and keep him a Colt. To me, that contract is to risky to pick up on.

Right because one player is able to just come in and take control of the whole system (even if it is Peyton Manning). Get real dude. How is the contract to risky too pick up on? You just saw Peyton launching a ball 40 yards down the field.

If you guys don't remember, previously there was the report that according to the new CBA the Colts wouldn't be allowed to watch Peyton throw, and that the only way he could show how well he's improving is by having a video leaked of him throwing...which is exactly what he did. If he wasn't feeling good about the way he was throwing all he would have to do is NOT leak a video, it's not like he was required to.

Dude, manning didn't leak the video. Lol

It was some guy with a terrible cell phone camera through a fence. Possible that it could be from the manning camp? Sure, but wouldn't they use a better camera and maybe, I dont know, be on the field?? Hahaha

Don't get me wrong, I hope Peyton can play. But, being able to throw the ball a few times doesnt mean he is fit to play a whole game. But, it's only March. So, he has time. I am hoping Peyton plays 1 more season and 'grooms' Luck so he is ready to hit the ground running in 2013.

Don't get me wrong, I hope Peyton can play. But, being able to throw the ball a few times doesnt mean he is fit to play a whole game. But, it's only March. So, he has time. I am hoping Peyton plays 1 more season and 'grooms' Luck so he is ready to hit the ground running in 2013.

Whats important is him throwing to receivers while wearing full pads and a helmet. This shows a progression, the last step of a progression. Something that has been hotly questioned as to whether or not there was any real progress.

I don't think Irsay is waiting to see anything. Frankly, Manning could stand in front of him and put footballs through a brick wall and Irsay is still going to try to weasel out of a contract that he gladly extended to Manning before he ever dreamed of being able to "replace" him.

That does seem to be what is going on here. Irsay never imagined he would be in a position to draft a number one QB like he can now.

I guess he can thank Manning and Polian for giving him that oppurtunity as well. If Polian hadnt built this team around the one guy that goes down for the year then he wouldnt have this option.

Looks like he might fire them both lol.

Dude, manning didn't leak the video. Lol

It was some guy with a terrible cell phone camera through a fence. Possible that it could be from the manning camp? Sure, but wouldn't they use a better camera and maybe, I dont know, be on the field?? Hahaha

Which is something we need to keep in mind. We don't really see where the ball lands or if someone catches it. I mean I agree 100% it's Manning and on the one throw he got some real distance on it but I am not going to say fork over the 28 million because of this video. It's better than what we had which was nothing but it's not exactly what I would good video work by the people who shot it.

With that said in no way does the video show that he was missing the throws either so don't assume I am saying that.

Whats important is him throwing to receivers while wearing full pads and a helmet. This shows a progression, the last step of a progression. Something that has been hotly questioned as to whether or not there was any real progress.

He wore helmet and pads back in camp once taken off the PUP list along with throwing to WRs and then by that weekend needed another neck surgery so I don't know how much you can take away from what he was wearing. I think it's just what Manning wears to practice. With that said this video shows nothing negative but I don't think it's the end all be all some are making it out to be either (not saying you are one of those people either.).

Which is something we need to keep in mind. We don't really see where the ball lands or if someone catches it. I mean I agree 100% it's Manning and on the one throw he got some real distance on it but I am not going to say fork over the 28 million because of this video. It's better than what we had which was nothing but it's not exactly what I would good video work by the people who shot it.

With that said in no way does the video show that he was missing the throws either so don't assume I am saying that.

As I eluded to above; He is throwing with pads and helmet now. This means that throwing without full pads must've went pretty well. Right?

He wore helmet and pads back in camp once taken off the PUP list along with throwing to WRs and then by that weekend needed another neck surgery so I don't know how much you can take away from what he was wearing. I think it's just what Manning wears to practice. With that said this video shows nothing negative but I don't think it's the end all be all some are making it out to be either (not saying you are one of those people either.).

We're close to a full year post-op now. I think the significance of full-pads drills says something very positive.

As I eluded to above; He is throwing with pads and helmet now. This means that throwing without full pads must've went pretty well. Right?

Like I said he wore them once taken off the PUP list and then needed another neck surgery by the weekend. So i don't know how much you can take away from that.

I think he's healing I am not questioning that. I'd just becareful to come out and say he's back because of this video. It's not bad news and would fit in the good news catagory if you want to see Peyton play again (which I think most do) but it's just not the end all be all some are saying it is.

I don't think a leak would be Mannings style, but a friend of his might--and make it look covert to give everyone "deniability."

This was clearly leaked by someone pro-Manning. "What a throw".

This is what Irsay gets for not being decisive and cutting him sooner.

Yea how dare he wait to see if one of the greatest players ever can get healthy! Now he finds out that he is indeed healthy, what a tragedy. Whats he gunna do now? Pay him and have a chance to win a SB?!? Jeez, what was he thinking?

Right because one player is able to just come in and take control of the whole system (even if it is Peyton Manning). Get real dude. How is the contract to risky too pick up on? You just saw Peyton launching a ball 40 yards down the field.

Joe Montana did it when they rented his services for 2 years. They'll do it for Peyton too. They have no Offensive system in place. They have to put one in. Do you not think they use the one that works and Peyton knows inside and out f they are lucky enough to sign him? He'll work just as hard with new receivers as he ever did here.

I still want restructured deal because there's no proof he's done done it 40-45 times, and maybe even with a real pass rush in his face. And yes, I feel 61.8 million dollars over two years is too much to pay anyone, especially if they missed a whole season. Even Peyton Manning. And it hangs a huge Cap anchor around the Colts Neck should anything go awry.

Joe Montana did it when they rented his services for 2 years. They'll do it for Peyton too. They have no Offensive system in place. They have to put one in. Do you not think they use the one that works and Peyton knows inside and out? He'll work just as hard with new receivers as he ever did here.

I still want restructured deal because there's no proof he's done done it 40-45 times, and maybe even with a real pass rush in his face. And yes, I feel 61.8 million dollars over two years is too much to pay anyone, especially if they missed a whole season. Even Peyton Manning. And it hangs a huge Cap anchor around the Colts Neck should anything go awry.

The problem is, the offense that Manning and the Colts run itself takes players 2 full years to even grasph the system. If they run the same system like you said they should, players wouldn't be able to get acclimented to it for a good 2 seasons.

I want him back. Whether its restrcuture or giving him the bonus.

The problem is, the offense that Manning and the Colts run itself takes players 2 full years to even grasph the system. If they run the same system like you said they should, players wouldn't be able to get acclimented to it for a good 2 seasons.

I want him back. Whether its restrcuture or giving him the bonus.

They don't have to have the whole playbook to succeed. As I said, Joe Montana brought in his and took them to championship, and playoff after. Then he retired. It's been done before. Same team, too. And I personally would love to have a restructure. Not sure if that's going to happen.

I didn't wade through all the posts but when was this video taken? If it was yesterday or the day before, wasn't PM supposedly in South Florida???

The video was yesterday and he was at Duke. I haven't heard anything about him being in Florida. Why was he supposed to be in Florida?

They don't have to have the whole playbook to succeed. As I said, Joe Montana brought in his and took them to championship, and playoff after. Then he retired. It's been done before. Same team, too. And I personally would love to have a restructure. Not sure if that's going to happen.

Peyton Manning and Joe Montana came from different era's and run completely different systems and were in two different situations. Oh and as far as not knowing the whole playbook to succeed. Tell that to Kerry Collins who didn't know the "whole playbook". How successful was he?

The video was yesterday and he was at Duke. I haven't heard anything about him being in Florida. Why was he supposed to be in Florida?

There was a report that he was in South Florida leading to Dolphin speculation....thanks for clarifying that the video was yesterday as the SF report was Thursday, iirc?

Has anyone actually said when the video was taken. It was apparantly released yesterday. Manning was reportedly at Duke a couple of weeks ago and in Florida this week so this video is likely a couple of weeks old. I've heard that Manning trains every year in Miami possibly with Wayne.

Has anyone actually said when the video was taken. It was apparantly released yesterday. Manning was reportedly at Duke a couple of weeks ago and in Florida this week so this video is likely a couple of weeks old. I've heard that Manning trains every year in Miami possibly with Wayne.

He's been in Durham since Tuesday.

Why doesn't anyone think that Irsay would just give him the bonus at this rate?

If hes throwing like that I don't see why you wouldn't pay him?

Stop saying "OH PEYTON WANTS TO GO THE CHIEFS THEY HAVE BETTER DEFENSE!!11!"

He would have to get adjusted to a totally new system at 36.

Quote me now: He will be a Colt in 2012 and when he is for sure next week I'll make the biggest callout thread to ever exist on this forum.

I'm right there with you...Very well said, although I am a huge Colts fan and very biased in this situation I think it's going to be very cool to see Peyton with the Colts next year while Andrew Luck is with him practicing every day for the next few years and the transition for Andrew Luck will be seamless! There's no QB in the history of the world thats went in perfectly the first year...Go ahead, say what you want about Cam Newton and maybe a few others but did the Panthers make it into the playoffs, NOPE...Thank you very much!!!

Where are the new members you guys love so much Frog, Luck this Luck that.. Notice they haven't listed on this thread? But I was wrong for calling them out as not being fans and only liking Luck. And many of you just adore that Frog who while knowledgeable on the cap and a nice kid, is anti Manning. Where is he? Where are they? Here's one video of Manning throwing, but the Colts should cut him right? Here's the proof everyone said I'll believe it when I see it! I said trade the pick from the start I still say trade the pick! 4 more years! 4 more years! 4 more years!