Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did I Just See Peyton Throwing @ Duke?

The Fish

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong here, I love that Peyton is throwing well, but I like that he is throwing to Brandon again. Stockley was always one of my favorite receivers that we had.

It always seemed, beside Marvin, the slot guys are his favorite. Stokely, Collie, and Dallas when he is in the slot.

There are different kinds of stem cells. The difference between adult or somatic and embryonic stem cells come from their source.

http://stemcells.nih...ics/basics4.asp

In the 1960s, stem cells were thought not to be able to regenerate neurons (nerves). Since the 1990s, scientists have shown that this is possible.

Although there are currently no USFDA approved stem cell therapies to regenerate nerves, many experimental procedures are available, usually off-shore.

Yes, but Peyton most likely had adult stem cell therapy as that's vastly more common. Even if he didn't embryonic stem cells don't involve abortion either -

A. What stages of early embryonic development are important for generating embryonic stem cells?

Embryonic stem cells, as their name suggests, are derived from embryos. Most embryonic stem cells are derived from embryos that develop from eggs that have been fertilized in vitro—in an in vitro fertilization clinic—and then donated for research purposes with informed consent of the donors. They are not derived from eggs fertilized in a woman's body.

Yes, but Peyton most likely had adult stem cell therapy as that's vastly more common. Even if he didn't embryonic stem cells don't involve abortion either -

A. What stages of early embryonic development are important for generating embryonic stem cells?

Embryonic stem cells, as their name suggests, are derived from embryos. Most embryonic stem cells are derived from embryos that develop from eggs that have been fertilized in vitro—in an in vitro fertilization clinic—and then donated for research purposes with informed consent of the donors. They are not derived from eggs fertilized in a woman's body.

I have no knowledge if Peyton Manning received any stem cell therapy.

If PM received stem cell therapy, I have no knowledge what kind of stem cells were used.

I was just providing information on the use of different types of stem cells in therapy.

I am aware that the vast majority of embryonic stem cells are derived from in vitro fertilized gametes and not a result of abortions.

I have no knowledge if Peyton Manning received any stem cell therapy.

If PM received stem cell therapy, I have no knowledge what kind of stem cells were used.

I was just providing information on the use of different types of stem cells in therapy.

I am aware that the vast majority of embryonic stem cells are derived from in vitro fertilized gametes and not a result of abortions.

Didn't mean to imply that you thought otherwise. Really just giving further input from the original post. Sorry.

I don't think its Manning. If it was really him why wear #18 on your back? It might just be ESPN creating a story to fill a little time on their gazillion stations.

I think I will have to do a 360.

It probably is Manning, and his recovery seems to be coming along well.

Sounds like good news BUT why is this video being leaked just a few days before the March 8 deadline? It could be a PR battle between Peyton & Irsay. As we all know Irsay said that if Manning is healthy he will bring him back. Well it looks like Manning is healthy or at least getting there. So if/when Irsay cuts Peyton, Irsay will look like the bad guy going back on his word.

If this video,which I think Peyton leaked out, is indeed part of a PR battle just a few days before the bonus is due,I think its bad news for all colt fans who want Manning back.

Sounds like good news BUT why is this video being leaked just a few days before the March 8 deadline? It could be a PR battle between Peyton & Irsay. As we all know Irsay said that if Manning is healthy he will bring him back. Well it looks like Manning is healthy or at least getting there. So if/when Irsay cuts Peyton, Irsay will look like the bad guy going back on his word.

If this video,which I think Peyton leaked out, is indeed part of a PR battle just a few days before the bonus is due,I think its bad news for all colt fans who want Manning back.

If it were "leaked", I think it would be of much better quality.

I would say that it was filmed without permission and that person posted it to youtube/ESPN, more so than someone in the Manning camp. But you never know.

Since Irsay wants to renege on his contract, Manning was forced to handle things this way.

How does exercising an option that is part of the contract constitute reneging on the contract?

That's probably all the footage the kid (I bet it was a Duke student...they're smart ya know) could get in his little cutout of the fence before being noticed by someone. "Hey, you! Get over here!! Give me that phone!! (kid runs for his life)...Heavyset security guards give chase, kid throws down garbage cans to slow them, and escapes into a sorority house full of hot coeds...ok that's what I would have done....
Don't forget that after throwing down the garbage cans, he climbed up on a roof and jumped roof to roof to escape.
Yes, and finally jumped a from a ridiculous height onto the ground, without injury, and kept running, slamming into a nerdy guy coming out of the library and books and papers fly everywhere....lol (but he still has to end up in the hot sorority house!!)

At least this is how it will go down when the movie is made. And of course, the hot coeds will be having a naked pillow fight.......because that is what happens in sorority houses.

Is that a 360 or a 180?

why is he throwing out side where the possibility of cell phones and video is obvious. He could find an indoor place with security and this would not happen. I get that he likes his former coach and all, but get indoors and quite turning this into a circuis. It's obvious he is showcasing his arm for other teams.

why is he throwing outside where the possibility of cell phones and video is obvious. He could find an indoor place with security and this would not happen. I get that he likes his former coach and all, but get indoors and quit turning this into a circuis. It's obvious he is showcasing his arm for other teams.

why is he throwing out side where the possibility of cell phones and video is obvious. He could find an indoor place with security and this would not happen. I get that he likes his former coach and all, but get indoors and quite turning this into a circuis. It's obvious he is showcasing his arm for other teams.

Maybe I don't understand it, but if the colts release him he's a free agent and that would make him able to work out for any team, right? There would be no more rules about the coaches and management not supervising his workouts? If so, what good does this little video do anyone except the Colts who are not currently allowed to do so and the only team which can do anything before 3/8?

I'll pass...

Of course you will. You don't have anything.

So either we are anti-Manning, or we aren't Colts fans.

No it's possible to be both. But many are understandably bigger 18 fans than Colts fans. I know that I'll always be a fan of the 'shoe before any player. Gotta root for the laundry man.

you think peyton makes us a super bowl team huh? seems what peyton fans think and not colts fans. colts fans know it makes no sense to move on with peyton for a year or two.

The problem is when you make blanket statements like this in which you presume to speak for the entire fanbase. Keep one thing in mind. You speak for you and for nobody else. If you can presume to know that I'm not a Colts fan, then why can't somebody else presume to know that you're not a Colts fan?

Well, it looks like #18 is indeed throwing and progressing back to his old self. Good for him, glad to see the guy that never missed a game in 12 seasons appears to be back to his usually self. Anyone that doubted it must have lived under a rock. Now it comes done to the money part which Irsay said it wouldn't be about, lol. Everyone has jumped on the Luck bandwagon now so where does that put us?????? Hmmmmmmmmmm! I hope he restructures the deal with Irsay because this is now a no win situation for the owner. If I'm Irsay, I have to believe he is hoping Manning restructures because this is forever going to tarnish his name with some fans. The ones that aren't real fans though. The bandwagon jumpers and the fair weather fans, you know those guys. The Peyton FanBoys I think they were called.

Do the right thing, restructure to a more cap friendly contract Peyton, stay around for 3 more years. Get ownership to trade that dang #1 draft pick and lets go get some players to help bring this franchise back. This time we'll draft a QB to develop behind you so we no longer have dead weight sitting on the roster. Bring Wayne and the boys back for a ride off into the sunset the right way.

Five more days and we'll know something, going to be interesting.

Ohio Colt, on 03 March 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

you think peyton makes us a super bowl team huh? seems what peyton fans think and not colts fans. colts fans know it makes no sense to move on with peyton for a year or two.

Ok. So, if Peyton had never been hurt you would want to get rid of him now. Because, it looks to me that by September he is going to be an elite QB again. That is good for the Colts. They are not losing the #1 draft pick this year just because Peyton is getting healthy and will be back this year. Actually, this has been a blessing for the Colts. They can restock at some key positions and prepare for a life with out Peyton. But, still have him to direct the team to the Playoffs again.

So you tell me that isnt a Colts fan.

Ohio Colt, on 03 March 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

It has been proven that he has put the colts in playoffs for consecutive years and pretty much his own skills. Without him and with the same exact coaches and teams, the colts only could win 2 games and one of them was against a resting Texans.

Something you obviously took for granted because you think JUST ANYONE can walk in and do what Peyton does, in 1-2 or 5 or 10 years.

You all that want him gone better be very careful what you wish for.

IIf he plays for a division rival.....there will be rioting in the streets....my friends in KC would go wild and my phone would ring off of the hook.....If he leaves....he needs to go to Arizona or Seattle....as far away from beating us as possible. I will add...I want him here, but just like Eli I will support him when not playing us!!

Seattle would be a decent team for Peyton too especially with RB Marshawn Lynch to open up the play action pass. Can't see #18 in a red AZ cardinal uniform though. If Peyton can't stay in INDY the Pacific Northwest would be a nice landing spot for him. An easy division to win every year too as it currently stands.

Seattle would be a decent team for Peyton too especially with RB Marshawn Lynch to open up the play action pass. Can't see #18 in a red AZ cardinal uniform though. If Peyton can't stay in INDY the Pacific Northwest would be a nice landing spot for him. An easy division to win every year too as it currently stands.

Can you see Peyton in Seattle's lime-green alternative uni?

I hadn't looked at this thread since it only had 2 pages so I went back and read through the posts, wow, what a waste of time that was. Comical that there are actually people that think Irsay is going to crack open the checkbook and write a 28 million dollar check because Manning was filmed throwing a whopping 4 passes where the end result can not even be made out because the video was such bad quality. It would be a mistake of mammoth proportions for Irsay to pay that bonus and that is exactly why it won't happen, but there are people that think its a good idea without even realizing how much damage it would cause the rest of the team. There could still be a restructure but I guarantee the bonus will not happen and it still won't surprise me in the least if Manning won't be a Colt next season. I still don't think it makes one bit of sense for either Manning or the Colts.

Well, it looks like #18 is indeed throwing and progressing back to his old self. Good for him, glad to see the guy that never missed a game in 12 seasons appears to be back to his usually self. Anyone that doubted it must have lived under a rock. Now it comes done to the money part which Irsay said it wouldn't be about, lol. Everyone has jumped on the Luck bandwagon now so where does that put us?????? Hmmmmmmmmmm! I hope he restructures the deal with Irsay because this is now a no win situation for the owner. If I'm Irsay, I have to believe he is hoping Manning restructures because this is forever going to tarnish his name with some fans. The ones that aren't real fans though. The bandwagon jumpers and the fair weather fans, you know those guys. The Peyton FanBoys I think they were called.

Do the right thing, restructure to a more cap friendly contract Peyton, stay around for 3 more years. Get ownership to trade that dang #1 draft pick and lets go get some players to help bring this franchise back. This time we'll draft a QB to develop behind you so we no longer have dead weight sitting on the roster. Bring Wayne and the boys back for a ride off into the sunset the right way.

Five more days and we'll know something, going to be interesting.

You got all that from a dodgy brief unreliable taping? Wow. I do agree with your last sentence though.....