Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did I Just See Peyton Throwing @ Duke?

The Fish

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton Manning and Joe Montana came from different era's and run completely different systems and were in two different situations. Oh and as far as not knowing the whole playbook to succeed. Tell that to Kerry Collins who didn't know the "whole playbook". How successful was he?

Don't buy it. And wrong Comparison too. Peyton is the QB, the new receivers/backs won't have the whole playbook. But they will know enough for Peyton to succeed. I don't even know how you even use Collins as a comp.?? If Peyton doesn't restructure, he'll go somewhere. and they won't change Peyton, he'll change them.

I don't think its Manning. If it was really him why wear #18 on your back? It might just be ESPN creating a story to fill a little time on their gazillion stations.

Because he wears number 18, why would he put on a different number that wouldn't make sense. Plus if Peyton is throwing somewhere video of it was bound to come out at some point

Good video. If that is really Peyton, he's looking pretty good!

I still dont think Irsay will pay the bonus and lock into the original contract but hopefully they can negotiate a new deal if that is the case.

I think it's been confirmed that he was in Miami throwing to Wayne and now in NC throwing to Collie and Clark. He was seen at a restaurant - must be the one from the receipt.

Interesting how the Colts receivers are going out of their way to catch with him

It is interesting and makes you wonder about 3/8, but Manning also went to Columbus to work with Gonzo, and to Provo to work with Collie when they couldn't come to Indy due to their schools semesters/quarters being longer and not allowed to work out with the team after the draft.

I think it's been confirmed that he was in Miami throwing to Wayne and now in NC throwing to Collie and Clark. He was seen at a restaurant - must be the one from the receipt.

Interesting how the Colts receivers are going out of their way to catch with him

I guess he is feeding all of them.

Wayne is always in Miami in the offseason so that really isn't going out of the way for Wayne? I can see maybe Collie and Clark but Collie was his caddie at a golf tournment and was throwing with him previous years. He's done it since he's been a rookie. Wouldn't you want Manning to always see you if you were one of his receivers? Anyways I just don't think they are blowing him on the phone to "play catch" up as maybe your insuiating?

Wayne is always in Miami in the offseason so that really isn't going out of the way for Wayne? I can see maybe Collie and Clark but Collie was his caddie at a golf tournment and was throwing with him previous years. He's done it since he's been a rookie. Wouldn't you want Manning to always see you if you were one of his receivers? Anyways I just don't think they are blowing him on the phone to "play catch" up as maybe your insuiating?

They may be going a little out of the way this season because they all want Manning back. They don't want a repeat of last season.

It also said Brandon Stokley was there and he hasn't been a Colt in years, so to me that is a sign of respect or admiration for wanting to help 18 get back to form.

Durham/Duke isn't exactly a mecca or a 35 minute drive from Indy, so that is a bit out of the way for the receivers to go. I'm sure it's on Manning's dime, like the dinner last night, but I didn't expect anything less.

I wasn't trying to insinuate anything except that they have loyalty to Manning and I think it's cool.

This thread is being temporarily closed for some cleaning :clean:

While it is understandable that some may not agree with another's post even to the point of believing they are a troll, the piling on that has been done in this thread (and often sometimes in other threads) is out of line.

Also, while it is against forum rules to post personal insults to any members as well as the ownership, coaches, and staff; there have been many times when I have seen personal insults posted regarding Andrew Luck.

Although, Mr. Luck is not yet an NFL player; he soon will be either with the Colts or elsewhere and should be treated with the same respect.

After sitting on this for a while, I gotta say next season would be undeniably better if Peyton is around and I would be " happier" to see him stay. I hope the calculator doesn't keeping it from coming to be, but that's a real concern.

I don't envy Irsay right now, big tough decisions.

Yea how dare he wait to see if one of the greatest players ever can get healthy! Now he finds out that he is indeed healthy, what a tragedy. Whats he gunna do now? Pay him and have a chance to win a SB?!? Jeez, what was he thinking?

you think peyton makes us a super bowl team huh? seems what peyton fans think and not colts fans. colts fans know it makes no sense to move on with peyton for a year or two.

Where are the new members you guys love so much Frog, Luck this Luck that.. Notice they haven't listed on this thread? But I was wrong for calling them out as not being fans and only liking Luck. And many of you just adore that Frog who while knowledgeable on the cap and a nice kid, is anti Manning. Where is he? Where are they? Here's one video of Manning throwing, but the Colts should cut him right? Here's the proof everyone said I'll believe it when I see it! I said trade the pick from the start I still say trade the pick! 4 more years! 4 more years! 4 more years!

yes the Colts should cut him. He's not a good long term option. There's no angle you can present with keeping 18 that makes any sense.

you think peyton makes us a super bowl team huh? seems what peyton fans think and not colts fans. colts fans know it makes no sense to move on with peyton for a year or two.

I'm a Colts fan, since the Johnny U days. You don't speak for me.

Considering that with the improvement of Reitz and addition of Castonzo and Ijalana the Oline is much improved. DB averaged over 4 ypc this year so the run game has improved. It really doesnt matter who is the receiver for Manning, he'll make it work. So what makes us think we skip a beat on offense? Back to a 12-4 season like usual. Now with the addition of a HC who specializes in the secondary, which was the colts D biggest weakness, who says we cant make it into playoffs and a run at the SB. This team was better then the 10-6 team Peyton played with 2 years ago. Clearly Peyton is that rare player that turns a weak team into a contender. Colts only enter the "rebuilding" phase when peyton leaves. With Peyton the Colts are and will always be a contender. History backs my claim.

Your right, makes no sense to build a team around one of the greatest ever, in which you dont need nearly the amount of talent to make a SB run for the next 3 years all while we groom the best prospect since Peyton under him. None at all. Why would a team want the chance to win a SB or possibly even 2 with a veteran QB while adding young talent to the team until he retires so when Luck comes in, he comes into a young talented team that gives the Colts a good chance to enjoy more rings, even when the great Peyton Manning does retire. :slaphead:

Kravitz doesn't let up, does he?

Bob Kravitz@bkravitz

I can't say this strongly enough: I want Peyton to be the old Peyton. I want to see him win a SB, break records. But it should be elsewhere.

elsewhere?! why? SMall town writers need to have their team to loathe so they can get a big city job by using humor and such? Too easy to write "colts win, manning flawless, whole team shines, tony dungy next buddha, goodnight indy."?

Ya i cant get over in madden12 the peyton manning style of throwing, it's hilarious. is it happy feet or is he just constantly resetting his plant leg? maybe nerve damage? lol

It's his technique, always chopping his feet to be able to throw at a moments notice as opposed to having to fully reset to do so. Spurrier tried to be funny when he was at Florida and some have incorrectly used that verbage ever since.

Considering that with the improvement of Reitz and addition of Castonzo and Ijalana the Oline is much improved. DB averaged over 4 ypc this year so the run game has improved. It really doesnt matter who is the receiver for Manning, he'll make it work. So what makes us think we skip a beat on offense? Back to a 12-4 season like usual. Now with the addition of a HC who specializes in the secondary, which was the colts D biggest weakness, who says we cant make it into playoffs and a run at the SB. This team was better then the 10-6 team Peyton played with 2 years ago. Clearly Peyton is that rare player that turns a weak team into a contender. Colts only enter the "rebuilding" phase when peyton leaves. With Peyton the Colts are and will always be a contender. History backs my claim.

Your right, makes no sense to build a team around one of the greatest ever, in which you dont need nearly the amount of talent to make a SB run for the next 3 years all while we groom the best prospect since Peyton under him. None at all. Why would a team want the chance to win a SB or possibly even 2 with a veteran QB while adding young talent to the team until he retires so when Luck comes in, he comes into a young talented team that gives the Colts a good chance to enjoy more rings, even when the great Peyton Manning does retire. :slaphead:

But the question is how many babies do they have to abort to get enough stem cells to rebuild manning's nervous system.

btw 36 aint old for a qb his style, if he actually can still throw he could play well into his 60's

I think playing into his 60s is a stretch but with his style of play he could play at a high level into his 40s. He plays more with his mind than physical attributes. He plays smart and doesn't take a lot of hits. His level of play hasn't really diminished at all. I think he will play better since the surgery since he should be pain free.

yes the Colts should cut him. He's not a good long term option. There's no angle you can present with keeping 18 that makes any sense.

umm.....maybe Charlie Sheen could clear this up. WINNING!!! Thanks Mr. Sheen. For some reason some "FANS" of the Colts seem to thing losing with a rookie QB is better.

Don't buy it. And wrong Comparison too. Peyton is the QB, the new receivers/backs won't have the whole playbook. But they will know enough for Peyton to succeed. I don't even know how you even use Collins as a comp.?? If Peyton doesn't restructure, he'll go somewhere. and they won't change Peyton, he'll change them.

Because the playbook stays the same. It all relys on Peyton being able to disect everything at the line. If it took Dallas Clark and Reggie Wayne 2 years to fully get the system and achieve maximum results (They said this when collins was brought in last year), how in the world would the KC Chiefs or Dolphins be any different? You think Peyton is just gonna step into the Cheifs camp and make everyone overnight all-stars? Not happening. He's better off here where the players know the offensive system already with the only adjustment being getting use to peyton throwing to them again.

really looked like his thowing motion. doesn't look quite 100% maybe about 80-85% but who knows. either way its very exciting! also just heard on ESPN that the people there at his throwing practice just said that video doesn't do him justice, "he looks much better, in real life"

Bob Kravitz@bkravitz

I can't say this strongly enough: I want Peyton to be the old Peyton. I want to see him win a SB, break records. But it should be elsewhere.

:no:

What! He wants Peyton to win SB and break records with another team. OK, get the pitch forks and torches! We have someone to throw out of town!

give me a break - you clearly know nothing about stem cell therapy. I have a friend undergoing it right now for a rare cancer. They harvest her own stem cells for transplant.

There are different kinds of stem cells. The difference between adult or somatic and embryonic stem cells come from their source.

http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/basics/basics4.asp

In the 1960s, stem cells were thought not to be able to regenerate neurons (nerves). Since the 1990s, scientists have shown that this is possible.

Although there are currently no USFDA approved stem cell therapies to regenerate nerves, many experimental procedures are available, usually off-shore.

Bob Kravitz@bkravitz

So in other words, Kravits wants Peyton to win a Super Bowl without the Colts. Doesn't that make him a Peyton front runner instead of a Colts fan? lmao