Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pierre Desir is back

TKnight24

58 minutes ago, Trueman said:

Well yeah , he’s bringing in young free agents that for one reason or another were let go by their previous teams.

Young , hungry , with something to prove, and financial incentive to perform. And smartly , Ballard hasn’t committed to any of them long term.

If they want to prove to the league just how good they are , great, we’ll give you the platform to do it. But, you’re going to have to prove it here before we commit to you.

Some of these guys might stick , some I’m sure won’t. Meanwhile, he’s building the long term core with the draft.

It’s smart, man. It’s just a shame we didn’t hire this guy in 2012.

Was he available then?  :^)

I want more competition...I don't like how Wilson just thinks things are going to be handed to him now that Melvin and Vontae are gone. I want him to work for it! I think Green will continue to see time at corner too....may be a lot better in zone.

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

That's a great deal.  I really thought some team would throw a lot more at him. 

Yep he adds needed depth and that is very affordable. I think we add another corner in the draft this year too but Desir is a type that should theoretically fit well into this new scheme.

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I want more competition...I don't like how Wilson just thinks things are going to be handed to him now that Melvin and Vontae are gone. I want him to work for it! I think Green will continue to see time at corner too....may be a lot better in zone.

Where did Wilson suggest that things are going to be handed to him?

2 hours ago, MTC said:

Say what you want about the CB depth, but you have to love the potential of Quincy, Desir, Moore, and Hariston. 

And make no mistake, it's likely that Ballard will draft another CB, and I think it happens earlier than later, maybe with one of the 3 2nd round picks.

22 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Where did Wilson suggest that things are going to be handed to him?

It was in the Melvin thread. Basically there was a tweet that Colts need a #1 corner now that Melvin signed with Oakland and he responded that they already have a number 1. I thought it was quite presumptuous of a guy that basically didn't play last year to think he was just going to start next year. He hasn't done anything to show he deserved to. It just reminded me of Dejuon Smith and how cocky he was and the issues we had with him. I hope Wilson steps up but I want him to work hard to earn it.....clearly last year there were questions of his work ethic in practice from Pagano.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It was in the Melvin thread. Basically there was a tweet that Colts need a #1 corner now that Melvin signed with Oakland and he responded that they already have a number 1. I thought it was quite presumptuous of a guy that basically didn't play last year to think he was just going to start next year. He hasn't done anything to show he deserved to. It just reminded me of Dejuon Smith and how cocky he was and the issues we had with him. I hope Wilson steps up but I want him to work hard to earn it.....clearly last year there were questions of his work ethic in practice from Pagano.

Yeah, I kind of figured that was what you were referring to.

And I could not disagree more.  There is nothing there that suggests that he be given the # 1 corner spot.  I think it is just about the confidence he has in his abilities.  I would not read anything more into than that.

5 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Yeah, I kind of figured that was what you were referring to.

And I could not disagree more.  There is nothing there that suggests that he be given the # 1 corner spot.  I think it is just about the confidence he has in his abilities.  I would not read anything more into than that.

Oh I know he won't be given anything. I just like competition to push the best out of the kid. It didn't seem like he had learned that lesson yet when all these guys like Desir, Melvin, Hairston etc were getting opportunities ahead of him last year. To think your the #1 corner on your team when you couldn't even make it on the field last year just struck the wrong cord with me. I hope he has to work hard in practice to see the field and that we don't just expect him to start because of who we lost. I doubt Ballard would do that but still if we don't bring in some good players he may start by default and I don't want that. I want to see him fight for that job.

1 hour ago, Trueman said:

It was a bad hire the day Irsay brought Grigson and Pagano in , and it was even worse to keep them as long as he did. The incompetence was evident early on.

I place a ton of blame for wasting Luck for this long on Irsay, but it’s over now and he brought it the right guy this time. #12 covered a lot cracks and made a lot coaches/players look better than they actually were. Irsay fell for it , as did some of the fan base.

Luck still has plenty of years left , and we can rectify the past to a degree,  but we can’t do it as fast as some would like. We need a massive influx of talent , good coaching and time to put this franchise back on the rails. There is a lot to fix here and unfortunately our division isn’t total trash anymore.

Ballard nailing this draft , and the 2017 drafted players improving would go a long way. But, we’ll see.

My one wish is for Luck to have a beast Oline ..... if he can get 3-5 seconds of Brady like protection could you imagine!?

2 hours ago, TdungyW/12 said:

My one wish is for Luck to have a beast Oline ..... if he can get 3-5 seconds of Brady like protection could you imagine!?

To be fair, our OL DID give a lot of time to throw. They gave Brissett an average of 2.89 seconds (good for 5th in the league and 0.2 seconds longer than Brady got last yr). The problem has always been that our offense was based on long developing routes and little to no extra protection. It doesnt matter if you block for 3 seconds if the routes arent open for 4. I think the scheme change alone should do wonders for our OL (though I am not against adding more talent to increase our chances of success). 

2 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

To be fair, our OL DID give a lot of time to throw. They gave Brissett an average of 2.89 seconds (good for 5th in the league and 0.2 seconds longer than Brady got last yr). The problem has always been that our offense was based on long developing routes and little to no extra protection. It doesnt matter if you block for 3 seconds if the routes arent open for 4. I think the scheme change alone should do wonders for our OL (though I am not against adding more talent to increase our chances of success). 

And let's add that we saw Peyton throw the ball away several times a game. I can't remember ever seeing Andrew throw it away,. It's just not in his DNA. Would love to see that this year when there is no play available. 

1 hour ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Finally, someone that has seen the light. The OL does need to make bigger wholes in the run game. Also not sure if it was long routes or the receivers not named Hilton weren't getting open.