And Barkley's first 40 time is.........

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, stitches said:

Are we sure Barkley can overcome a bad O-line? 

Good coaching will fix that. Great qb will let him feel he doesn’t have to do it all. My one criticism of Barkley was his tendency when there wasn’t much there he would try to spin out or bounce out and make something out of nothing...thus taking a lot of runs for loss. This stat shows this. I was impressed with Penny today. His running today solidified his tape. Impressive.

6 hours ago, krunk said:

Penny ran for 2,000 yards. I'm not even sure if Marshall Faulk did that at SD state in one season. The kid has much of the same skill set Faulk had.

We did alright the last time we took a SDST running back...he can’t catch like Faulk but his running was impressive.

Just watched Barkley's forty. Goodness... He's soo smooth, made it look easy. Head and shoulders were nice and steady. If you watch the simulcast and compare his movement to Ezekiel Elliott, you see one guy trying his hardest to break 4.5, and another guy running an effortless 4.4. If Barkley had come in at 225 like Zeke did, he might have run a sub 4.35. 

5 hours ago, Superman said:

I don't think the Cook selection compares. They came up seven spots to get a falling talent at #41, and it only cost them a 4th rounder. I believe they had two already. That's a world of difference from drafting a guy at #2 overall.

Well here one that compares better - Gettleman drafted McCaffrey at 8 last year.... and then double dipped with Curtis Samuel in round 2. 

35 minutes ago, stitches said:

Well here one that compares better - Gettleman drafted McCaffrey at 8 last year.... and then double dipped with Curtis Samuel in round 2. 

Speaking of Gettleman, the Giants GM...   on NFL Network, analyst Shaun O'Hara, himself a former Giants OL, says he thinks New York will select.......   Quentin Nelson.     

Hmmmm.....

Just sayin....

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Speaking of Gettleman, the Giants GM...   on NFL Network, analyst Shaun O'Hara, himself a former Giants OL, says he thinks New York will select.......   Quentin Nelson.     

Hmmmm.....

Just sayin....

Trying to get the Colts to move up 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Just watched Barkley's forty. Goodness... He's soo smooth, made it look easy. Head and shoulders were nice and steady. If you watch the simulcast and compare his movement to Ezekiel Elliott, you see one guy trying his hardest to break 4.5, and another guy running an effortless 4.4. If Barkley had come in at 225 like Zeke did, he might have run a sub 4.35. 

He said he wasn't right on the first run. Said he liked his second run better...but he stumbled on it. LOL. He's freaky. 233 and stumbles his way into 4.42... who does that? The smoothness of his movement in all directions, not just north south is astounding. 

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

We did alright the last time we took a SDST running back...he can’t catch like Faulk but his running was impressive.

Pennys hands aren't bad either. He did enough damage to know hes pretty capable.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hmmmm.....

Just sayin....

Smokescreens everywhere. And I highly doubt O'Hara would have insider information, especially this early. It's like everyone thinking the Colts select Chubb. High possibility, doesn't make it 100% true.

Just now, SolidGold said:

Then we are stuck with jerry hughes 2.0:facepalm:

So you expect Chubb to bust? There's nothing wrong with Chubb at #3. Stuck with him implies you have no choice. If the Browns pick at #4, there's no way to know who they choose. If Colts go with Chubb, then they go with Chubb. Besides, I doubt Browns draft Nelson, either. I think they're more likely to take Fitzpatrick.

4 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Smokescreens everywhere. And I highly doubt O'Hara would have insider information, especially this early. It's like everyone thinking the Colts select Chubb. High possibility, doesn't make it 100% true.

Maybe....

O'Hara didn't offer his opinion as "inside information."     Only that there were two key parts to his view.

1.    He knows Gettleman, who used to be with the Giants when O'Hara played for them.

2.    The Giants O-line situation is just as bad as the Colts, if not worse.    They've spent two high first round picks on the OL in the last 5 years or so,  and neither has worked out as the Giants would hope.    Flowers is terrible as a Left Tackle and may get moved to the Right Side.    And Pugh,  who started good,  has had two bad years in a row,  mostly due to a bad back.    He played tackle for a short while,  and has now moved inside to guard.   And it's not clear they will keep him.    So, the Giants desperately need help.

Again,  O'Hara was only offering his opinion,  and he only offered it because he was asked by Rich Eisen, the host.      Not offered as inside knowledge.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Maybe....

O'Hara didn't offer his opinion as "inside information."     Only that there were two key parts to his view.

1.    He knows Gettleman, who used to be with the Giants when O'Hara played for them.

2.    The Giants O-line situation is just as bad as the Colts, if not worse.    They've spent two high first round picks on the OL in the last 5 years or so,  and neither has worked out as the Giants would hope.    Flowers is terrible as a Left Tackle and may get moved to the Right Side.    And Pugh,  who started good,  has had two bad years in a row,  mostly due to a bad back.    He played tackle for a short while,  and has now moved inside to guard.   And it's not clear they will keep him.    So, the Giants desperately need help.

Again,  O'Hara was only offering his opinion.    Not offered as inside knowledge.

Yep, but the way you worded it made it seem like it was a fact. It's not. 

41 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Yep, but the way you worded it made it seem like it was a fact. It's not. 

Stated as fact?!?    WTH?!?

I'm cutting and pasting what I wrote......

"on NFL Network, analyst Shaun O'Hara, himself a former Giants OL, says he thinks New York will select.......   Quentin Nelson."

I didn't offer my post as fact.      You read it that way....

Sorry,  not trying to be difficult here...   trying to be as clear as I can...

6 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

So you expect Chubb to bust? There's nothing wrong with Chubb at #3. Stuck with him implies you have no choice. If the Browns pick at #4, there's no way to know who they choose. If Colts go with Chubb, then they go with Chubb. Besides, I doubt Browns draft Nelson, either. I think they're more likely to take Fitzpatrick.

Put it like this. I rather have Nelson over Chubb

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have seen some different numbers, so what did Barkley actually run? Last I seen it was an official 4.38. I had him projected at 4.4, 4.4 is what Peterson ran in 2007.

The official number I'm seeing is 4.40.  I'm seeing that on NFL Network TV and NFL.com, both who cover the event.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

The official number I'm seeing is 4.40.  I'm seeing that on NFL Network TV and NFL.com, both who cover the event.

Yeah thanks, I wasn't sure but I have seen that also. I guess for him anything less than a 4.4 would've been disappointing but that is very impressive for a guy his size.

56 minutes ago, SolidGold said:

Then we are stuck with jerry hughes 2.0:facepalm:

silly uninformed opinion, but its yours I guess! Oh and did you watch how Jerry Hughes 2.0 blew right past the guy you're trying to fix our line with? Pop in the ND vs NC State tape

3 hours ago, krunk said:

silly uninformed opinion, but its yours I guess! Oh and did you watch how Jerry Hughes 2.0 blew right past the guy you're trying to fix our line with? Pop in the ND vs NC State tape

Is he the best player in the draft ? No 

Is he anything special that we haven't seen before ? No

Is he better than the DE the browns drafted last year ? No 

Is he that much better than Arden Key ? No

He is the settle pick. He will be a average DE with 7-10 sacks a year. Your hyping up everyone's last pick. Nobody wants him as their first pick but the Colts. Do you really think no other team needs a pass rusher. Nobody is climbing over us to grab the overrated guy. He's overlooked because he's not anything special. He doesn't deserve a top 5 pick IMO

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah thanks, I wasn't sure but I have seen that also. I guess for him anything less than a 4.4 would've been disappointing but that is very impressive for a guy his size.

His time posted immediately after his run was 4.41. I watched it live. I don't know what adjustments took place to make it 4.40 but that's what I'm seeing now as his "official" time.

18 hours ago, stitches said:

Are we sure Barkley can overcome a bad O-line? 

Barkley also averaged 6.5 yards every time he touched the ball, and scored a TD every 15 times he touched the ball for his career.  As an aside, 9 players from the Mountain West got drafted last year, whereas 12 members of Ohio St alone did.  Penny won’t see many familiar faces tackling him next season.   The Big 10 had 6 of the top 20 rushing defenses in the NCAA last season.  Barkley will do just fine whenever he ends up.