And Barkley's first 40 time is.........

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Who was it that said he ran a 4.3 forty yard dash?  I mean 4.41 is still quick and he has a second opportunity, but still...

Probably Jshipp if I had to guess. 

Wouldnt be be surprised if he runs again at his pro day to try to improve it

4.41 is actually very, very impressive for a running back his size.  For reference Alvin Kamara ran a 4.56 and he is considered amongst the fastest in the league.  Elliot ran a 4.47, Bell 4.6, Hunt 4.62, David Johnson 4.5, Dalvin 4.49.

2 minutes ago, Reidm said:

Probably Jshipp if I had to guess. 

Wouldnt be be surprised if he runs again at his pro day to try to improve it

I doubt he runs again at his pro day.  4.41 is fast enough and there's not much to gain if you ask me.  He's already one of the highest graded players.  Let's say he runs a 4.35, how much higher would he be drafted based off that alone.  I mean, if he doesn't show well at the cone drills, or some other drill, I could see him trying to improve that time, but to me, there's little to gain re-running the 40.

3 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I doubt he runs again at his pro day.  4.41 is fast enough and there's not much to gain if you ask me.  He's already one of the highest graded players.  Let's say he runs a 4.35, how much higher would he be drafted based off that alone.  I mean, if he doesn't show well at the cone drills, or some other drill, I could see him trying to improve that time, but to me, there's little to gain re-running the 40.

Kinda why I said that I cannot believe  he ran at all

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The same reason guys don’t throw at the combine

A Comfort Thing

Qbs don't throw bc they don't have chemistry with the receivers at the combine so it could make them look bad. They'd rather throw to their receivers. Comfort has nothing to do with the 40 at the combine. 

1 minute ago, Reidm said:

Qbs don't throw bc they don't have chemistry with the receivers at the combine so it could make them look bad. They'd rather throw to their receivers. Comfort has nothing to do with the 40 at the combine. 

JMO but 40s have no place in the combine

it has a lot to do with comfort since if you don’t feel comfortable you don’t perform well and the surroundings of the combine doesn’t produce comfort for some

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

JMO but 40s have no place in the combine

it has a lot to do with comfort since if you don’t feel comfortable you don’t perform well and the surroundings of the combine doesn’t produce comfort for some

I couldn't disagree more. The 40 is one of the more important measurements for skilled positions. 

27 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Who was it that said he ran a 4.3 forty yard dash?  I mean 4.41 is still quick and he has a second opportunity, but still...

Wow how narrow minded could you be. I bet if he was at 220 he'd be in the 4.35-8 area but you'd complain that he isn't at his real weight.  Being dismissive of this with this size is utter denial.  

4 minutes ago, Reidm said:

I couldn't disagree more. The 40 is one of the more important measurements for skilled positions. 

Meh...seems to be important for corners.  Not sure how important it is for the skill positions.

1 minute ago, Surge89 said:

Wow how narrow minded could you be. I bet if he was at 220 he'd be in the 4.35-8 area but you'd complain that he isn't at his real weight.  Being dismissive of this with this size is utter denial.  

His 40 is great, especially at his size, no doubt about it. But the hype machine had him at 4.3. Which is why I've been saying, let's kill the hype. He's good enough without having to pump him up into a demi-god. 

Just now, Gigc said:

The thing is, the 40 doesn't even capture why Saquan is truly special. What really makes him who he is is his elusiveness. He has the best lateral cutting ability I've seen since Barry Sanders.

Eh, I don't see that.  Barry Sanders made people look stupid.  It was a different game back then of course.  Even so, No one was better than him.

2 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Speaking of being narrow minded, how narrow minded does one have to be to realize I was not taking issue with the time itself, but simply that some poster was wrong?

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

good time.  he could run the fastest 40 ever and the running back haters would still say its not enough 

He could run 4 flat and I wouldn't care.  We all knew he was fast.