Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, SolidGold said:

Is he the best player in the draft ? No 

Is he anything special that we haven't seen before ? No

Is he better than the DE the browns drafted last year ? No 

Is he that much better than Arden Key ? No

He is the settle pick. He will be a average DE with 7-10 sacks a year. Your hyping up everyone's last pick. Nobody wants him as their first pick but the Colts. Do you really think no other team needs a pass rusher. Nobody is climbing over us to grab the overrated guy. He's overlooked because he's not anything special. He doesn't deserve a top 5 pick IMO

Best player in the draft? No. That'd go to Barkley or Nelson, and that's not a knock on him.

He doesn't have to be on the level of Garrett. If you compare everyone to Garrett, you're going to be sorely disappointed. He's more Bosa like. He is much better than Key. And, actually, he's everyone's first pick. Look at a bunch of mock drafts, a lot of people want him. We can debate about whether he'd be worth the #3 pick, but he's not going to be a bad player. You don't have the accurate comparison either in Hughes. Hughes played well when he left the Colts. You say he's going to be a bust and nothing special. Kind of contradicting yourself.

6 hours ago, SolidGold said:

Is he the best player in the draft ? No 

Is he anything special that we haven't seen before ? No

Is he better than the DE the browns drafted last year ? No 

Is he that much better than Arden Key ? No

He is the settle pick. He will be a average DE with 7-10 sacks a year. Your hyping up everyone's last pick. Nobody wants him as their first pick but the Colts. Do you really think no other team needs a pass rusher. Nobody is climbing over us to grab the overrated guy. He's overlooked because he's not anything special. He doesn't deserve a top 5 pick IMO

Pure stupidity and a lack of facts. The Barkley cult doesnt like facts.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Pure stupidity and a lack of facts. The Barkley cult doesnt like facts.

If Guice, Chubb, Michel, Penny, were put into that Penn State offense, there isn't much drop off. Is Barkley better than those guys? Sure, but I don't think the gap is as big as the media and people make it out to be. I'd still rather have the other 4 later on than the guy who is slightly better with a top-5 pick. 

51 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Just what lots of people here are hoping.  I personally think the Giants are gonna grab him.

they might.  they could also take a QB or even nelson

their biggest need is oline, we will see how much they value guards and running backs in the draft

28 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

If Guice, Chubb, Michel, Penny, were put into that Penn State offense, there isn't much drop off. Is Barkley better than those guys? Sure, but I don't think the gap is as big as the media and people make it out to be. I'd still rather have the other 4 later on than the guy who is slightly better with a top-5 pick. 

Exactly. And to me when you're talking about actual production when you look at Barkleys numbers im not seeing 2,000 yards plus like a Mcaffrey or a Rashad Penny. We've seen people with numbers like his before. People who have been selected lower. But this is a generational player? Its all based on physical attributes for the most part. I just don't get all the willingness to be unreasonable about the kid and I like him. Its on a level where statements are being made and accepted that just aren't true. I think the production should be head and shoulders above everyone else and its not. They know that so they go elsewhere and start talking about his physical attributes which doesnt mean much to me. In my view I most certainly believe we will put up 28 a game with or without Barkley as long as Luck is under center. On the other you have the top pass rusher in the draft whose numbers are better than everyone else and definitely in the same ballpark as Miles Garrett and Bosa. Despite these facts we here Dumb stuff like he's no Bosa, or hes no Garrett. What is that based on other than emotions and stubborness? We can make up for missing Barkley. Not so sure about Chubb. People sit here and admit about a weak pass rush class and then Turn around and say oh we can select such and such. Huh? I will stand my ground and stay with my boy Chubb. There is no real evidence to say he's anything less than a beast other than opinions. Perception versus Reality!

Braradley Chubb has more TFL over his career than Miles Garrett by a wide Margin. Also more than Joey Bosa by about 3. Tells me how much he lives in the backfield. Sack total could get even better with a tweak here or there. The penetration is there.

33 minutes ago, krunk said:

Braradley Chubb has more TFL over his career than Miles Garrett by a wide Margin. Also more than Joey Bosa by about 3. Tells me how much he lives in the backfield. Sack total could get even better with a tweak here or there. The penetration is there.

And how many points does that give us without a offensive line. It's pure stupidity to keep boasting about Chubb when he doesn't fix our # 1 problem in any shape or form. Wont matter how many TFL and sacks he racks up if the opposing defense is doing the same to Luck. 

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Exactly. And to me when you're talking about actual production when you look at Barkleys numbers im not seeing 2,000 yards plus like a Mcaffrey or a Rashad Penny. We've seen people with numbers like his before. People who have been selected lower. But this is a generational player? Its all based on physical attributes for the most part. I just don't get all the willingness to be unreasonable about the kid and I like him. Its on a level where statements are being made and accepted that just aren't true. I think the production should be head and shoulders above everyone else and its not. They know that so they go elsewhere and start talking about his physical attributes which doesnt mean much to me. In my view I most certainly believe we will put up 28 a game with or without Barkley as long as Luck is under center. On the other you have the top pass rusher in the draft whose numbers are better than everyone else and definitely in the same ballpark as Miles Garrett and Bosa. Despite these facts we here Dumb stuff like he's no Bosa, or hes no Garrett. What is that based on other than emotions and stubborness? We can make up for missing Barkley. Not so sure about Chubb. People sit here and admit about a weak pass rush class and then Turn around and say oh we can select such and such. Huh? I will stand my ground and stay with my boy Chubb. There is no real evidence to say he's anything less than a beast other than opinions. Perception versus Reality!

Nothing in this rant keeps Andrew off the turf. We will still win games without Chubb. We wont win games without Andrew. Reality! 

53 minutes ago, SolidGold said:

And how many points does that give us without a offensive line. It's pure stupidity to keep boasting about Chubb when he doesn't fix our # 1 problem in any shape or form. Wont matter how many TFL and sacks he racks up if the opposing defense is doing the same to Luck. 

I'm all for upgrading the offensive line, but a competent coaching staff will help Luck more than any guard.

Who drafts guards over high level pass rushers? Who does that? If Lucks safety and his OL was your concern then why are you trying to draft a RB at 3 with no line? My main thing is people need to stop making up ridiculous sounding stuff just to justify the guy they like. I'm not going to sit here and call Barkley the next Curtis Enis, Kijana Carter(Penn state bust) just to justify taking Chubb. In similar fashion stuff like Jerry Hughes 2.0 is just stupid.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Who drafts guards over high level pass rushers? Who does that? If Lucks safety and his OL was your concern then why are you trying to draft a RB at 3 with no line? My main thing is people need to stop making up ridiculous sounding stuff just to justify the guy they like. I'm not going to sit here and call Barkley the next Curtis Enis, Kijana Carter(Penn state bust) just to justify taking Chubb. In similar fashion stuff like Jerry Hughes 2.0 is just stupid.

Trying to draft a rb at 3 ? You mean round 3-4 after drafting 2 OL before that? Because that's what I said. And I was also considering we would grab OL in FA before that sooooo..... What facts are u stating ? One thing for sure you still havent came up with anything on how to fix the OL after taking Chubb at 3. And remind yourself why we are in the position to pick this high. I don't think it's because we weren't getting sacks. Picking your favorite player Hughes 2.0 won't solve our biggest problem or even begin to help. I feel if we can trade back with the jets and still grab Nelson will help the team more. And you feel if we take Chubb at 3 it's best for the team. Good thing is neither one of our ideas matter to CB and he knows what's best. And I trust he will deliver.

Whoever drafts Barkley is going to get a phenomenally talented player. He's better than Fournette, Elliott (I was a huge Elliott fan, all the way back to his sophomore season), McCaffrey (an even bigger McCaffrey fan), and Gurley. He's legitimately the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson. He might be an even better prospect than Peterson was. 

6 hours ago, Superman said:

Whoever drafts Barkley is going to get a phenomenally talented player. He's better than Fournette, Elliott (I was a huge Elliott fan, all the way back to his sophomore season), McCaffrey (an even bigger McCaffrey fan), and Gurley. He's legitimately the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson. He might be an even better prospect than Peterson was. 

Given Barkley's pass catching and blocking ability I think he is a better prospect than Peterson.

6 hours ago, Superman said:

I Concur as OLD MAN FAN would say. If we Draft Chubb I will be ok with it and I understand why so I am ok with either player.

On 3/2/2018 at 1:17 PM, Superman said:

His 40 is great, especially at his size, no doubt about it. But the hype machine had him at 4.3. Which is why I've been saying, let's kill the hype. He's good enough without having to pump him up into a demi-god. 

I don't understand this. There are literally 2 posters on a forum that are saying this. No one else is hyping him into a demi god you are just generalizing that perception off the noise.  And the way all of you come across is as if running a 4.41 at 230 lbs and still explosive ability is common place but it's not. The hype is warranted because most of that hype is realistic. Very few were of the opinion he'd be running 4.3 at 240 or whatever the unrealistic expectation was. 

30 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

I don't understand this. There are literally 2 posters on a forum that are saying this. No one else is hyping him into a demi god you are just generalizing that perception off the noise.  And the way all of you come across is as if running a 4.41 at 230 lbs and still explosive ability is common place but it's not. The hype is warranted because most of that hype is realistic. Very few were of the opinion he'd be running 4.3 at 240 or whatever the unrealistic expectation was. 

As much as I have bragged about Barkley and talked about him, I had him running a 4.4 flat so I nailed my prediction. At 230 pounds no way was he running a 4.3. Not sure if anyone in here even predicted that? I predicted 4.4 and was right. I think a 4.4 at 230 is pretty freak like but that is my opinion. Some are saying 4.41 but I have seen 4.4 flat as well on other websites, pretty much same difference anyway.

4.41 For his size is lightning fast, when combined with his Barry Sanders like jump cutting ability.....loving the guy is one thing, but he will never be a super hero as some try to make him on this forum. His 40 time makes him good enough to be taken 1st over all if the Brownies so choose, there is no draft pick that comes before the first pick......job done lol

6 hours ago, Surge89 said:

Are you kidding me? Am I going to have to quote all the hype posts? People here have been pumping him up to be the perfect hybrid of Faulk, Tomlinson, Sanders and Jackson for the last month.

He's a great prospect, and I've never said otherwise, but the hype got a little out of hand for a while. 

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

Are you kidding me? Am I going to have to quote all the hype posts? People here have been pumping him up to be the perfect hybrid of Faulk, Tomlinson, Sanders and Jackson for the last month.

He's a great prospect, and I've never said otherwise, but the hype got a little out of hand for a while. 

My best comparison was to Tomlinson and he ran a 4.46. I know Bo ran like a 4.2 LOL but that is Bo. I see a lot of Peterson too in Barkley is why I thought he would run a 4.4 because of his size. 

13 hours ago, Superman said:

Look how important those players are to their teams.  When Gil Brandt interviewed him, then said he was a great talent all around, maybe the best since Barry Sanders, I started drinking a touch of that hype Kool-Aid...

37 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Look how important those players are to their teams.  When Gil Brandt interviewed him, then said he was a great talent all around, maybe the best since Barry Sanders, I started drinking a touch of that hype Kool-Aid...

I think their importance to their teams is somewhat overstated. They're good, but they've been used well on balanced teams. Elliott joined a team that was deficient at QB, and they got good QB play and the team improved. Fournette wasn't special for the Jags. Gurley was great for the Rams, but he was bad in 2016, and the team only started winning when they got competent coaching and QBing. McCaffrey is a complementary back who makes a huge contribution as a receiver. 

Where the hype has bothered me is when it's taken as a guarantee that he is going to be the next GREAT at RB. There's no allowance for the possibility that he'll even be above average. So if you're like me and don't want to use #3 on a RB, that means 'you don't want to draft the next Barry Sanders,' which isn't true, nor is that how it works. I actually would love to draft Barkley, just not at #3, and while he's a great prospect, there's still the possibility that he doesn't become a great NFL player. That possibility exists for every prospect.