Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady vs Time

IcEWoLF

Brady will win as many titles that Goodell and the NFL want him to.

#6 is already in the books and I don't believe the Eagle fan base are

going to take it very well when the phantom calls start being dropped

on them in crunch time.

The NFL/Brady/Patriot love triangle is killing the joy and belief of 

the NFL of not being a rigged entity.

29 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

Brady will win as many titles that Goodell and the NFL want him to.

#6 is already in the books and I don't believe the Eagle fan base are

going to take it very well when the phantom calls start being dropped

on them in crunch time.

The NFL/Brady/Patriot love triangle is killing the joy and belief of 

the NFL of not being a rigged entity.

I feel bad for you.  I hope you can come to a happier place in your life soon.

Thanks IWF for posting the video. I'm not on social media because I don't define myself by selfies or taking pictures of my food, my pets, my friends, or my inner circle. 

Is this FB live thing based on the premise of like 10-30 episodes? I only ask because it feels like a promo ad for a healthy lifestyle after Brady's football career is over. 

I'm a little surprised that Tom wants to do a project like this & not release it until after the Super Bowl. One could argue that TB12 is tempting fate very similar to when he joked on his radio show in 2007 that Micheal Strahan was wrong about the score of that game & which team would come out on top once the dust settled. 

I already knew Tom was extremely competitive & insanely driven to win rings. The one thing I will say I liked about the video was how supportive his wife Gisselle was & is even after a crushing loss. All guys want that. A pretty spouse who's got your back no matter what. 

Also, is it wise to show your kids on camera at home? Look, I know he's a proud papa & fine dad. However, just like in politics kids are off limits. You wanna protect them from the spotlight & just ensure that no one can manipulate them to get to you. 

I'm not sure what bringing out binders of season notes really does either. He's detail oriented. Okay, got it. Already knew that. Alright sure, I remember when ESPN did basically a comedy skit on Peyton Manning's calls at the line of scrimmage to illustrate the ways in which opposing defenses can show you pre snap the exact coverage they are in. So yes, other QBs have been showcased & idolized long before Brady arrived & became a household name sure. A valid point. Why would he say anything publicly about philosophies & slogan his head coach believes in? Don't you wanna batton down the hatches & go radio silent about strategies until after February? It's not that Tom disclosed anything earth shattering perse. You just don't do it. You never ever go there until the game is over or you're retired & write a tell all book inside Foxboro & Gillette Stadium. 

Is Tom trying to build a brand name for his 2nd career as a nutruition spokesman or something? Feels like a late night info ad to me the kind you see on TV at 3 AM. I figure once football is done he runs for the US Senate for Massachusetts personally since he's polished, well spoken, & beloved in Boston among the masses. 

4 hours ago, IcEWoLF said:

Very good video, if QBs start taking care of their health and diet this well we might see more QBs playing until and past 40. 

Shows how much effort he puts to be on top notch shape.

See that's not a realistic thing I say this because you are ignoring that it doesn't matter how well you diet if you have a potentially career threatening injury that will take years off your career it won't matter. Brady is fortunate to not have such a thing happen.

In the NFL you career can end with one bad injury.

Manning might still be playing today if it weren't for his neck.

As a NE fan, I’m not really a big fan of an info-mercial like this.  It is something that TB has kept ultra-secretive about (ie- personal life, health, etc...).  Now, he has decided to begin promoting himself and TB12 in anticipation of life after football....?

He has every right to do so...I’m just more of a “Brady mystique” kinda guy...

Yes, I watched pt.1

2 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Thanks IWF for posting the video. I'm not on social media because I don't define myself by selfies or taking pictures of my food, my pets, my friends, or my inner circle. 

Is this FB live thing based on the premise of like 10-30 episodes? I only ask because it feels like a promo ad for a healthy lifestyle after Brady's football career is over. 

I'm a little surprised that Tom wants to do a project like this & not release it until after the Super Bowl. One could argue that TB12 is tempting fate very similar to when he joked on his radio show in 2007 that Micheal Strahan was wrong about the score of that game & which team would come out on top once the dust settled. 

I already knew Tom was extremely competitive & insanely driven to win rings. The one thing I will say I liked about the video was how supportive his wife Gisselle was & is even after a crushing loss. All guys want that. A pretty spouse who's got your back no matter what. 

Also, is it wise to show your kids on camera at home? Look, I know he's a proud papa & fine dad. However, just like in politics kids are off limits. You wanna protect them from the spotlight & just ensure that no one can manipulate them to get to you. 

I'm not sure what bringing out binders of season notes really does either. He's detail oriented. Okay, got it. Already knew that. Alright sure, I remember when ESPN did basically a comedy skit on Peyton Manning's calls at the line of scrimmage to illustrate the ways in which opposing defenses can show you pre snap the exact coverage they are in. So yes, other QBs have been showcased & idolized long before Brady arrived & became a household name sure. A valid point. Why would he say anything publicly about philosophies & slogan his head coach believes in? Don't you wanna batton down the hatches & go radio silent about strategies until after February? It's not that Tom disclosed anything earth shattering perse. You just don't do it. You never ever go there until the game is over or you're retired & write a tell all book inside Foxboro & Gillette Stadium. 

Is Tom trying to build a brand name for his 2nd career as a nutruition spokesman or something? Feels like a late night info ad to me the kind you see on TV at 3 AM. I figure once football is done he runs for the US Senate for Massachusetts personally since he's polished, well spoken, & beloved in Boston among the masses. 

B-I-N-G-O

This is his introduction of “TB12” to the world.  INFO-MERCIAL!

5 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Many valid points, I think this is the reason why BB removed his personal trainer from the facility, probably he was going way over his head and that is probably something BB didn’t appreciate. It did also give us some insights on what BB tells his players when cameras are not rolling.

I think Brady will probably plan on retiring soon, a year or two and he wants to promote his brand as much as possible. He might have his own reality show afterwards on a TV network. 

From this show it tells me he is looking at life after football.

Some keeps saying Brady is lucky, he has taking many hits over the years but he manages to always bounce back except that acl injury back in 2008 season.

Look at all these young guys, they all get injured, they gotta be smart, they need to be better and embrace hits in a different way. Look at Mariota, Wentz, Rodgers, Carr, they all suffered some big injuries. Rodgers might have the best ball skills out there but it has shown many times that he is not durable, sure they had some pretty bad O-line for years, but look at Wilson, he always manages to make it through the seasons.

Tom is a smart business man, he is showing that his diet and lifestyle works. If he keeps up and if he wins this SB then I think his brand will take off. We shall see how things end up with BB.

Do I think this was the right time to release the videos? Probably not, I think it should have started after the SB...

1 hour ago, IcEWoLF said:

Many valid points, I think this is the reason why BB removed his personal trainer from the facility, probably he was going way over his head and that is probably something BB didn’t appreciate. It did also give us some insights on what BB tells his players when cameras are not rolling.

I think Brady will probably plan on retiring soon, a year or two and he wants to promote his brand as much as possible. He might have his own reality show afterwards on a TV network. 

From this show it tells me he is looking at life after football.

Some keeps saying Brady is lucky, he has taking many hits over the years but he manages to always bounce back except that acl injury back in 2008 season.

Look at all these young guys, they all get injured, they gotta be smart, they need to be better and embrace hits in a different way. Look at Mariota, Wentz, Rodgers, Carr, they all suffered some big injuries. Rodgers might have the best ball skills out there but it has shown many times that he is not durable, sure they had some pretty bad O-line for years, but look at Wilson, he always manages to make it through the seasons.

Tom is a smart business man, he is showing that his diet and lifestyle works. If he keeps up and if he wins this SB then I think his brand will take off. We shall see how things end up with BB.

Do I think this was the right time to release the videos? Probably not, I think it should have started after the SB...

Hey there IWF, 

I always welcome your feedback & I will always read whatever you write. I promise to give you a fair shake too. You & my other NE friends are always welcome here. Never forget that. You're cool to me man. 

Look, I know sometimes I act like I'm getting tired of Brady's SB success. But, the truth is. Tom's a decent guy who is wicked smart on & off the field. It's wise on his part to start think about life after football. Am I sold on TB12's trainer as a innovative muscle stretcher & diet guru? No, but what I think doesn't matter. Only what Tom thinks & believes & to Brady this guy is like a fountain of youth prophet that allows him to expand his playing days longer. 

Tony Gonzalez, former TE for the Chiefs & Falcons, has a vitamin business on the side. So, a profitable enterprise after football is indeed possible for Brady as well. In  addition, I also know the value in regular chiropractic care & keeping hamstrings & legs loose with a disability myself. I just would wanna examine that trainer's credentials deeper & more thoroughly if it were me. But again, Brady's paying him handsomely. I'm certainly not. 

You are right though. What you eat, how you lift, how limber you are, does make a huge difference in an athlete's endurance, recovery, & general stamina level over the yrs as a QB. HOF TE Shannon Sharpe talks about this all the time on FS1's 'Undisputed.' 

I don't know if you put QB Aaron Rogers into the category of preventive injuries though. Sometimes, you just fall wrong or get twisted & all your weight lands on your shoulder breaking your clavicle. No miracle medicine man is gonna deter that injury. I don't care what his diplomas say or what his approach to health longevity is. 

If I was a diehard NE fan, I'd be a little worried that Brady might be a tad bit distracted with his next career. It's not that I fear that Brady can't focus & do what must be done to lock in & win a 6th ring. It's just that Chris Long was in NE last yr & that's a dude you can't give any kind of an advantage or edge to. Maybe Tom needs the video stuff as a new challenge to overcome & write a check. He alone must cash. Do or die baby. 

Take care IWF. 

Meh, great. JJ Watt eats like a bird and can't play a season anymore. Why are we giving this dude so much credit??

I'm sure Aaron rodgers isn't eating brownies and playing madden all day long. I don't know anyway to stop getting concussions, and collarbone breaks, other than.. not getting hit.. 

Rather than admire, acknowledge and respect achievement many Colts fans simply can't swallow the fact of what NE has done. Comparable to the (hated) NY Yankees during their winning runs the difference is Steinbrenner bought his team. How many H o F receivers has NE turned out under Brady? (Please don't say Randy Moss) NE develops players to play within their system. They don't have to be great, just disciplined. I am a die hard Colts fan but sour grapes, scraping for excuses and whining are not in my playbook. The solution is build a team that can beat them. Very simple isn't it? 

Brady is definitely thinking about his post-football life here, but I don't think it's about making money. Between him and Gisele they're worth something like $500 million. I think in addition to his football legacy, he wants to be one of the first athletes to revolutionize his approach to training.

I'm 45 but I still get out to the mountains frequently, and enjoy climbing, hiking, skiing, etc. In recent years I've changed a lot about what I do on the side to try to stay fit and healthy for my hobbies. There is something to this whole pliability thing though, I'm certain of that. I started modifying my routines back in 2013 when I tore my hamstring while running, and since then, I've been much better off and have not only had fewer joint and muscle problems but also less soreness overall. 

Brady follows his regimen with a nearly cult-like devotion. It's a little weird, yeah. haha  But the results seem pretty good. 

13 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Hey there IWF, 

I always welcome your feedback & I will always read whatever you write. I promise to give you a fair shake too. You & my other NE friends are always welcome here. Never forget that. You're cool to me man. 

Look, I know sometimes I act like I'm getting tired of Brady's SB success. But, the truth is. Tom's a decent guy who is wicked smart on & off the field. It's wise on his part to start think about life after football. Am I sold on TB12's trainer as a innovative muscle stretcher & diet guru? No, but what I think doesn't matter. Only what Tom thinks & believes & to Brady this guy is like a fountain of youth prophet that allows him to expand his playing days longer. 

Tony Gonzalez, former TE for the Chiefs & Falcons, has a vitamin business on the side. So, a profitable enterprise after football is indeed possible for Brady as well. In  addition, I also know the value in regular chiropractic care & keeping hamstrings & legs loose with a disability myself. I just would wanna examine that trainer's credentials deeper & more thoroughly if it were me. But again, Brady's paying him handsomely. I'm certainly not. 

You are right though. What you eat, how you lift, how limber you are, does make a huge difference in an athlete's endurance, recovery, & general stamina level over the yrs as a QB. HOF TE Shannon Sharpe talks about this all the time on FS1's 'Undisputed.' 

I don't know if you put QB Aaron Rogers into the category of preventive injuries though. Sometimes, you just fall wrong or get twisted & all your weight lands on your shoulder breaking your clavicle. No miracle medicine man is gonna deter that injury. I don't care what his diplomas say or what his approach to health longevity is. 

If I was a diehard NE fan, I'd be a little worried that Brady might be a tad bit distracted with his next career. It's not that I fear that Brady can't focus & do what must be done to lock in & win a 6th ring. It's just that Chris Long was in NE last yr & that's a dude you can't give any kind of an advantage or edge to. Maybe Tom needs the video stuff as a new challenge to overcome & write a check. He alone must cash. Do or die baby. 

Take care IWF. 

To piggy back on what you said earlier.  After this video aired a sports talk radio personality (whose name I forgot) on WEEI (local Boston Station) went on air and called TB daughter " an annoying Pissant".  The radio guy been suspended but today on his normal Monday Morning call in Brady stated he was (paraphrasing) unhappy with the comment and will not be talking with them today and not sure if he ever will again and hung up.

Having his daughter (even ever so briefly) opened her up to this kind of stupidity and goes to when you said the danger of having them on the video. (Although it was completely unacceptable what he said she is five!)

22 hours ago, CF4L said:

See that's not a realistic thing I say this because you are ignoring that it doesn't matter how well you diet if you have a potentially career threatening injury that will take years off your career it won't matter. Brady is fortunate to not have such a thing happen.

In the NFL you career can end with one bad injury.

Manning might still be playing today if it weren't for his neck.

Agreed.  Tom needs to recongize the rule that good fortune has played in his career and stop this "if it can work for me it can work for anybody" stuff.  You are a physical outlier by definition, Mr. Brady.

2 hours ago, JimJaime said:

To piggy back on what you said earlier.  After this video aired a sports talk radio personality (whose name I forgot) on WEEI (local Boston Station) went on air and called TB daughter " an annoying Pissant".  The radio guy been suspended but today on his normal Monday Morning call in Brady stated he was (paraphrasing) unhappy with the comment and will not be talking with them today and not sure if he ever will again and hung up.

Having his daughter (even ever so briefly) opened her up to this kind of stupidity and goes to when you said the danger of having them on the video. (Although it was completely unacceptable what he said she is five!)

Yeah, like a said before, kids are off limits especially when your parents are famous. That WEEI reporter crossed a line you can never cross. Did he at least apologize to Brady, his wife, & his daughter on the air? Look, I've been known to tick people off once in awhile. It's hard to admit that a person SNAFUed on the air. I usually give a person 48-72 hours to own their mistake when their family & friends tell em. Dude, you stepped in it & no one can defend what you did. 

Brady probably wants to not talk the media this week anyway. So, this situation gives Tom the perfect opportunity to ignore all noise & distractions this week in Minnesota. 

4 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Yeah, like a said before, kids are off limits especially when your parents are famous. That WEEI reporter crossed a line you can never cross. Did he at least apologize to Brady, his wife, & his daughter on the air? Look, I've been known to tick people off once in awhile. It's hard to admit that a person SNAFUed on the air. I usually give a person 48-72 hours to own their mistake when their family & friends tell em. Dude, you stepped in it & no one can defend what you did. 

Brady probably wants to not talk the media this week anyway. So, this situation gives Tom the perfect opportunity to ignore all noise & distractions this week in Minnesota. 

He was suspended immediately after the head honchos found out songs have no idea if he issued an apology. I don't blame Brady for cutting the interview to nothing either. 1. Like you said he probably doesn't want talk to TE media if he doesn't have to. And 3. Being a father he was probably still fuming on that insult to his daughter, I know I would have been.

i will be shocked if that man is not fired before the SB, there are lines you never cross with ANYONE, never mind someone like Brady (who as you probably know can do no wrong up here in NE hell even his Trump support didn't lose him fans in this very LIBERAL state)  

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

He was suspended immediately after the head honchos found out songs have no idea if he issued an apology. I don't blame Brady for cutting the interview to nothing either. 1. Like you said he probably doesn't want talk to TE media if he doesn't have to. And 3. Being a father he was probably still fuming on that insult to his daughter, I know I would have been.

i will be shocked if that man is not fired before the SB, there are lines you never cross with ANYONE, never mind someone like Brady (who as you probably know can do no wrong up here in NE hell even his Trump support didn't lose him fans in this very LIBERAL state)  

Yeah, it was totally uncalled for, those remarks. I apply the same barometer to those who attack Barron Trump. There is a line you do not cross even with people you despise, and insulting their kids is one of them. 

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Avoid Vegas

1 hour ago, George Peterson said:

While he's still playing at an MVP level?  While the whole Patriots team is built around him, he's still making everyone around him better, and there's no challenges to his job at the moment?

Daring statement.

Notice I didn't say which Superbowl...

On January 29, 2018 at 10:49 AM, GoPats said:

Brady is definitely thinking about his post-football life here, but I don't think it's about making money. Between him and Gisele they're worth something like $500 million. I think in addition to his football legacy, he wants to be one of the first athletes to revolutionize his approach to training.

I'm 45 but I still get out to the mountains frequently, and enjoy climbing, hiking, skiing, etc. In recent years I've changed a lot about what I do on the side to try to stay fit and healthy for my hobbies. There is something to this whole pliability thing though, I'm certain of that. I started modifying my routines back in 2013 when I tore my hamstring while running, and since then, I've been much better off and have not only had fewer joint and muscle problems but also less soreness overall. 

Brady follows his regimen with a nearly cult-like devotion. It's a little weird, yeah. haha  But the results seem pretty good. 

Hey there GP, 

I admire that you still rock climb, hike, & ski at 45. If I remember correctly, you also encourage your kids to participate in similar activities as well. I just think it's cool that I know a dude that can ascend cliffs. It's a fascinating hobby that requires intense focus & attention to detail. Plus, I imagine doing that is a good way to clear your head & keep things in perspective. 

Yeah, Rod Woodson was on FS1 the other day talking about training & how older guys need to realize they're not 20 anymore & adjust their workout accordingly by listening to your body & focus on flexibility, looseness, & not how much weight a guy can squat when you hit your mid 30's or older. Woodson is the man! I love that guy. 

You are right about Brady's cult right devotion to fitness. I don't know if I could maintain that level of dedication. I still that trainer of Brady's is a bit odd. Besides TB12, does he have an other elite athletes he guides or mentors? Again, I'm not condemning Brady. He can hire whoever he wants. 

On January 29, 2018 at 1:51 PM, JimJaime said:

It was a dumb thing to say regarding daughter & any father would be outraged if their child were unfairly slammed like that. Does the radio guy deserve a suspension? Yes. A complete dismissal? No, unless there is a pattern of this radio personality saying malicious comments out of the blue about other famous celebrities & their family members.  

15 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Hey there GP, 

I admire that you still rock climb, hike, & ski at 45. If I remember correctly, you also encourage your kids to participate in similar activities as well. I just think it's cool that I know a dude that can ascend cliffs. It's a fascinating hobby that requires intense focus & attention to detail. Plus, I imagine doing that is a good way to clear your head & keep things in perspective. 

Yeah, Rod Woodson was on FS1 the other day talking about training & how older guys need to realize they're not 20 anymore & adjust their workout accordingly by listening to your body & focus on flexibility, looseness, & not how much weight a guy can squat when you hit your mid 30's or older. Woodson is the man! I love that guy. 

You are right about Brady's cult right devotion to fitness. I don't know if I could maintain that level of dedication. I still that trainer of Brady's is a bit odd. Besides TB12, does he have an other elite athletes he guides or mentors? Again, I'm not condemning Brady. He can hire whoever he wants. 

Hey SW! 

Thank you and yes... I've been working to get my kids involved. My daughter (8) is a machine, she's already climbed Mt. Washington with me (highest peak in the northeast US). My son is 5, and he's done a few hikes but in my experience the boy does not listen as well as his sister, haha! So it's a little tougher with him but he'll come around. 

I know Guerero has worked with other athletes... he met Brady through Willie McGinest. He admittedly has a pretty sketchy background though, with some of the products he's pushed as well as some of his claims about his own background. 

Personally I think whatever works for a person is what works for that person... meaning, there's no canned programs involving nutrition, exercise, and overall body care that works for EVERY human being. We all have different metabolisms and different body types. I think conceptually there are some good points in what Brady does (namely the pliability and stability training that I mentioned... those things combine to give you a good, strong "base"). But when it comes to an actual plan or program, I think that needs to be individualized to get the most benefit out of it. 

2 hours ago, GoPats said:

Hey SW! 

Thank you and yes... I've been working to get my kids involved. My daughter (8) is a machine, she's already climbed Mt. Washington with me (highest peak in the northeast US). My son is 5, and he's done a few hikes but in my experience the boy does not listen as well as his sister, haha! So it's a little tougher with him but he'll come around. 

I know Guerero has worked with other athletes... he met Brady through Willie McGinest. He admittedly has a pretty sketchy background though, with some of the products he's pushed as well as some of his claims about his own background. 

Personally I think whatever works for a person is what works for that person... meaning, there's no canned programs involving nutrition, exercise, and overall body care that works for EVERY human being. We all have different metabolisms and different body types. I think conceptually there are some good points in what Brady does (namely the pliability and stability training that I mentioned... those things combine to give you a good, strong "base"). But when it comes to an actual plan or program, I think that needs to be individualized to get the most benefit out of it. 

"The boy does listen to as well as his sister [does]." :lol: Now that is funny! So, if somebody tells you to kick rocks, you just say, "I don't kick rocks I climb them." Your daughter should play use the mantra: Anything you can do; I can do better. Just kidding! 

Alright, I like Willie he's level headed so, if he recommended Guerrero; he must not be a con artist or something. I wouldn't use him if money was no object. But, whatever works. The only thing I will say about Brady that has always impressed me is that he knows how to fall & take a sack. A lot of QBs like Big Ben & Aaron Rodgers fight too hard to escape sacks & stay upright pulling & twisting muscles you shouldn't just to keep a down alive. Sometimes, you have no choice on 4th down I know. 

You'd be amazed at the number of people who don't know how to safely fall. I've perfected it. It doesn't mean I can never get injured naturally. It just means when you start to go down don't fight it or try & catch yourself. That's when you can really mess your body up.

Nice talking with you GP.

Cool to hear that your "machine" terminator daughter is a chip of the old block. :D

Drew Brees is only a year younger and he still looks very good as well. QB is probably the only position (aside from kickers and long snappers) where a player really has a chance for longevity if they can keep fit and avoid catastrophic contact injuries. I'm convinced that experience and knowledge at that position is as important if not more than physical skills (to a certain degree). I.e. if Brady's speed and arm strength decline a little bit (as they probably already have), but he can still stand over center and immediately diagnose a defense and check into a play that has a good chance at success, that still makes for a pretty valuable player. Obviously there are limits on how much deterioration of the physical skills is still passable. If he's literally unable to hit a receiver in stride on a crossing route or he can't get it more than 20 yards down field with zip on it then that obviously isn't sustainable. I liken it to older pitchers in baseball...the ones who actually know how to pitch and don't simply rely on blowing guys away with 98 mph heat can survive in the game a long time even though the 98 turns into 92-93 as they age.

On 1/30/2018 at 7:28 PM, southwest1 said:

It was a dumb thing to say regarding daughter & any father would be outraged if their child were unfairly slammed like that. Does the radio guy deserve a suspension? Yes. A complete dismissal? No, unless there is a pattern of this radio personality saying malicious comments out of the blue about other famous celebrities & their family members.  

Brady has also said he doesn't want him fired. But I still say he will be, this wasnt his first gaff but it could cost them Brady as an interview and worse he could go to the SportsHub their biggest competitor.

4 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Brady has also said he doesn't want him fired. But I still say he will be, this wasnt his first gaff but it could cost them Brady as an interview and worse he could go to the SportsHub their biggest competitor.

Yeah, I heard that Brady was real nice about the whole situation & he thought the guy shouldn't be fired which says a lot about Tom's character.

For me, if I was that employee's boss, I would tell the guy to apologize to Brady & his family on the air mentioning the daughter by name. I'd also wanna ask the guy 1 on 1 in private if what he did on the air was appropriate. Like if he was the boss & a subordinate under his leadership did the act same thing what would his response be? Does this guy have any kids, cousins, or nephews & if so, would he like it if a radio personality targeted his family for no reason? I doubt it.