Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ian Rapoport: Colts coaching search down to McDaniels or Vrabel

stitches

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Does that mean he's going to the Colts or away from the Colts? 1070 the fan saying the tweet means the latter

Confusing for sure but I think Kevin Bowen on 1070 misunderstood as the tweet is oddly worded. The tweet suggests that the Colts are the favorite because of the Ballard/Agent relationship and the fact that Tennessee is too late in the game. I did not hear what Lombardi said on the radio though.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain reports the Titans will interview Texans DC Mike Vrabel for their head coaching vacancy.

Vrabel has also interviewed with the Lions and Colts, and he is thought to be a finalist for the Colts job along with Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, with whom the Titans have also been linked. Vrabel's defense had a rough season in 2017, but that has not slowed down his march to a head coaching job. Even if it is not this cycle, he should land one in the next couple years.
Related: Texans

Just now, csmopar said:

Ok? So? Irsays been known to do it before

Right. I'm just saying there still is no head coach for the Colts.

Maybe it will be McDaniels?  

All along I had a feeling McDaniels would not sign here. Just a feeling. Of course I don't know? Nobody does.

Just hunches.

My hunch is, Tennessee did not fire Muklarkey unless they were pretty sure they would land Josh Mc.

But now Josh has more leverage. His agent is smiling, now he can extort much bigger contract either way.

I am very tired of this. I happen to think Josh McDaniels will be our new coach. I hope he has very excellent assistant coaches lined up. I worry about that because it's important. I expect there is a handshake deal but the Pats are likely headed to the SB.So there is this wait.

1 minute ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

John Gruden was a proven head coach who has won a super bowl.  McDaniels has a losing record.  Won’t command that kind of money.

He holds all the cards since multiple teams want him. He might not command a 10 year contract but he could get 6 with a boatload of money though. 

5 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

In one of my earlier posts I said how Irsay may have to open his wallet much wider if Mularkey is fired.

It may come down to the almighty dollar$

Jon Gruden was able to land 100 million from Oakland.

So many things wrong with this. 

Your whole argument is an invalid one. 

"No one wants to work with Irsay, they want to work with the Titans who have an ownership squabble, and just fired their coach after winning a playoff game and offering him a new contract!"

The math just doesn't add up there, chief. There are more reasons to not want the Titans job than there are to not want this one. 

As as far as Gruden goes, the deal is backloaded. Chances are much of that money is never paid because he will NOT be there the duration of the deal. 

15 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

and we can all reeellllaaxx

I find it funny how people normally like to take shots at La Canfora here because he hates the Colts and is never right and now that he’s saying what a majority want to here those things are forgotten.

not a shot at the poster by the way just a general commnt.  

Just now, John Waylon said:

So many things wrong with this. 

Your whole argument is an invalid one. 

"No one wants to work with Irsay, they want to work with the Titans who have an ownership squabble, and just fired their coach after winning a playoff game and offering him a new contract!"

The math just doesn't add up there, chief. There are more reasons to not want the Titans job than there are to not want this one. 

As as far as Gruden goes, the deal is backloaded. Chances are much of that money is never paid because he will NOT be there the duration of the deal. 

More reasons here than Tennessee is debatable.... Chief

4 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

That's good news. It means they're not 100% confident they'll get McDaniels.

or their interviewing other candidates since they can't talk to mcdaniels until next week. Here is something no one is mentioning though. Mcdaniels does not have to interview with the titans if he doesn't want to.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I find it funny how people normally like to take shots at La Canfora here because he hates the Colts and is never right and now that he’s saying what a majority want to here those things are forgotten.

not a shot at the poster by the way just a general commnt.  

ian rapport has said the same thing

1 hour ago, GusFring said:

Lane Kiffin please

Get out. 

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

you shouldn't be fine with it, nobody should. Vrabel doesn't have enough experience to field substantial coordinators for one IMO. It's not about the guy who ends up being the HC, it's about the scheme that surrounds him

That's my concern. He's definitely a respected guy in the league, but I'm not sure he would be able to bring in high quality coordinators.

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Everything Will Be Okay

:heart:

Just now, 1959Colts said:

More reasons here than Tennessee is debatable.... Chief

Right. Working with one of the most respected executives in the league who many predict to do great things, working for an owner who has shown an alarming amount of patience in the last few years, working with one of the best young QBs in the game today, for a team with an incredible cap situation isn't in any way more enticing than playing for a team that has struggled to bring in good players, has an ownership squabble, and just showed a disregard for the HC spot. 

Sure. 

Noted. 

8 minutes ago, Indeee said:

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain reports the Titans will interview Texans DC Mike Vrabel for their head coaching vacancy.

Vrabel has also interviewed with the Lions and Colts, and he is thought to be a finalist for the Colts job along with Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, with whom the Titans have also been linked. Vrabel's defense had a rough season in 2017, but that has not slowed down his march to a head coaching job. Even if it is not this cycle, he should land one in the next couple years.
Related: Texans

Let’s get him now and grow together

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

just saying. there were other outlets reporting the same thing

You missed my point.  People aren’t swearing by those.  They are swearing by a guy who many here have said hates the Colts and is never right when he says something they don’t want to hear but now that he said something they like they are swearing by him.

If other people are,saying the samething wonderful but people aren’t swearing by those people.

also rapport is not reporting that the Titans have little to no shot at McDaniels he’s saying the exact opposite.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rapsheet/status/952924945063075841?ref_src=twcamp^share|twsrc^ios|twgr^other

and at most is saying the Colts are still in it, he’s not saying it’s pretty much a done deal like La Confora

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/952961289982218240

Many in this forum don't even like the idea of McDaniels being our next HC. I'm not in love with the idea myself. I would prefer Pat Shurmur who Ballard never interviewed. Now that McDaniels may have another suitor folks are freaking out. Hard to explain.If we do have a deal with McDaniels I worry will the best assistants be committed to others.

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Right. Working with one of the most respected executives in the league who many predict to do great things, working for an owner who has shown an alarming amount of patience in the last few years, working with one of the best young QBs in the game today, for a team with an incredible cap situation isn't in any way more enticing than playing for a team that has struggled to bring in good players, has an ownership squabble, and just showed a disregard for the HC spot. 

Sure. 

Noted. 

I read where McDaliels has stronger ties to Titans managment

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You missed my point.  People aren’t swearing by those.  They are swearing by a guy who many here have said hates the Colts and is never right when he says something they don’t want to hear but now that he said something they like they are swearing by him.

If other people are,saying the samething wonderful but people aren’t swearing by those people.

I think the posters are just in a panic mode after this news so they'll take solace from anything to calm them down even from a news outlet they don't trust.

The one thing that I think myself and everyone else feels a bit apprehensive about is the fact that the one man that was responsible for so much heart ache (Belichick) would be responsible (through his disciple) ushering in our happiness if McDaniels succeeds....such conflict of emotions lol....like straight out of a playwright.

I think I mentioned this earlier but there was a report that McDaniels coveted coaching Luck because he believes that he’s more physically gifted than Brady and as smart as Brady. 

It was mentioned yesterday, I believe. That's good to hear.

Here's how I see it. Titans interviewing Vrabel means 2 things.

1) They are trying to squeeze out how much colts like Vrabel, possibly putting Colts in a grab him now state (which is less likely to me )

or 2) they know Josh is going to Colts. reason I believe 2) is correct is because if there was a wink nod or even possibility to get Josh, Titans would only be interviewing minority candidtes to fulfill the rule before hiring Josh

lol and clearly you choose what you read because he’s got ties to the colts too.  Chris and him have a previous relationship probably due to sharing the same agent. 

Sharing an agent doesn’t infer a relationship though.