Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bortles compares himself to...Lebron James!

RockThatBlue

51 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Not a joke.

He wasn't comparing himself as a player to LeBron James at all. He was referring to the hate would continue regardless of his play. Yes it was a sarcastic comment but if you were wearing his shoes you might be the same way.

1 hour ago, DaveA1102 said:

OK, I am not one to stick up for Blake usually, but come on..........

He didn't mean he is comparing himself to Lebron, he was making the point that, no matter how well he plays, he will never convince all of the haters.

#fakenews

Thank you. You are exactly correct.

29 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Lebron wouldnt have lasted in the old days of the NBA, he's a product of refs and stupid fouls :peek:

Today's entire NBA would be called for travelling, but they changed the call.  NBA sucks today.  But The Bron is playing by the current rules as much as Jordan played by the rules in his day.

45 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Dennis Rodman said it best , in the 90s Lebron would have been an average player nothing more.

In the case of Bortles he just sucks.

I would refrain from using any words Rodman has said to advocate my own position. He has always been known to be a bit crazy...

And James is no Jordan but please.... An average player? Laughable. If anything many who do not like him, do so for personal reasons it seems. The man is extremely gifted and coaches would've fought to get him in their jerseys. In any decade.

23 minutes ago, life long said:

I would refrain from using any words Rodman has said to advocate my own position. He has always been known to be a bit crazy...

And James is no Jordan but please.... An average player? Laughable. If anything many who do not like him, do so for personal reasons it seems. The man is extremely gifted and coaches would've fought to get him in their jerseys. In any decade.

meh i dont know, the talent level in the NBA as a whole is just no where near the 80s and 90s.

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

Lebron wouldnt have lasted in the old days of the NBA, he's a product of refs and stupid fouls :peek:

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

Dennis Rodman said it best , in the 90s Lebron would have been an average player nothing more.

In the case of Bortles he just sucks.

One of the league's most intelligent, strongest, fastest, most physically imposing players would not have lasted in the 90s?  LeBron has one of the best all-around games in NBA history.  To suggest he wouldn't last in the old NBA or would be nothing more than an average player is a claim second-to-none in its ignorance.

As for Bortles, he isn't saying he's LeBron.  If anything, he's saying he's far below.  I think what he's trying to say is if someone as talented and accomplished as LeBron James will get hated on, then Bortles is surely to get hated on.

6 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

One of the league's most intelligent, strongest, fastest, most physically imposing players would not have lasted in the 90s?  LeBron has one of the best all-around games in NBA history.  To suggest he wouldn't last in the old NBA or would be nothing more than an average player is a claim second-to-none in its ignorance.

As for Bortles, he isn't saying he's LeBron.  If anything, he's saying he's far below.  I think what he's trying to say is if someone as talented and accomplished as LeBron James will get hated on, then Bortles is surely to get hated on.

The dude is a pansy to put it lightly. He had to be carried off the court for a cramp...

16 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I never said Lebron wouldnt last in the 90s, its just my opinion as well as many other that he would be an average player. In the 80s and 90s every team had 3 or 4 players as good as Lebron, he is no where close to having one the best all around games in NBA history, todays game yes, history not even close.

15 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I never said Lebron wouldnt last in the 90s, its just my opinion as well as many other that he would be an average player. In the 80s and 90s every team had 3 or 4 players as good as Lebron, he is no where close to having one the best all around games in NBA history, todays game yes, history not even close.

i would argue that the more physical players of the 80s and 90s wouldnt do well in today's nba, shooting endless 3s and chasing around teams like the warriors 

20 hours ago, csmopar said:

The dude is a pansy to put it lightly. He had to be carried off the court for a cramp...

I don't like all of his antics.  I think he flops too much.  But you can't deny the talent and success he's had.

20 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

LeBron absolutely has one of the best all-around games in NBA history.  4 time MVP, 11 time first team All-NBA, 5 time first team All-Defense.  He can pass, rebound, score, shoot, defend.  The major knock on him during his career has been his free throw shooting

20 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

... You serious?

22 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

I agree. 

On 1/11/2018 at 1:59 PM, csmopar said:

Bill Laimbeer would disagree with you on this. He has gone on record in the past saying Lebron with his size and speed could have thrived in the old days.

Although I do think the 80's was the best era/decade in Basketball, I still have LeBron in my Top 10 players of all-time. LeBron is simply a very gifted athlete at 6'8 250 pounds. His all-around game and accomplishments speak for themselves. Is he the 2nd best player of all-time like many on ESPN boast about, NO. I think that is where people like myself and many get pee'd off hearing the LeBron stuff. He isn't better than Jordan, Magic, or Bird IMO. Which all 3 were 80's/90's players. I could even argue that Kobe was better and Shaq was much more dominating at his position. LeBron = Top 10 ever, but this 2nd of all-time stuff only behind Jordan, no way. Regarding Bortles, he was being sarcastic and just basically was saying no matter what I do, how well I play, People are still going to say I suck.

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Although I do think the 80's was the best era/decade in Basketball, I still have LeBron in my Top 10 players of all-time. LeBron is simply a very gifted athlete at 6'8 250 pounds. His all-around game and accomplishments speak for themselves. Is he the 2nd best player of all-time like many on ESPN boast about, NO. I think that is where people like myself and many get pee'd off hearing the LeBron stuff. He isn't better than Jordan, Magic, or Bird IMO. Which all 3 were 80's/90's players. I could even argue that Kobe was better and Shaq was much more dominating at his position. LeBron = Top 10 ever, but this 2nd of all-time stuff only behind Jordan, no way. Regarding Bortles, he was being sarcastic and just basically was saying no matter what I do, how well I play, People are still going to say I suck.

Doesn't really matter to me where Lebron is ranked but top 10 is more than fine with me. Regardless of how it ends with Lebron, he's an NBA legend.

I saw something not long ago with some poll or study where Lebron is the second most famous athlete IN THE WORLD. #1 is some soccer player, I don't know soccer well though. There were some soccer players in the top 10.

Brady was like 21 on the list since really worldwide they don't go nuts on the NFL even though they try to market in other countries. But Brady is more well known than some NFL stars since he has all the rings and he is married to a woman who is famous in other countries.

I feel like I partly grew up with Kobe and than later with Lebron. These guys are globally known too and not just in America.

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Doesn't really matter to me where Lebron is ranked but top 10 is more than fine with me. Regardless of how it ends with Lebron, he's an NBA legend.

I saw something not long ago with some poll or study where Lebron is the second most famous athlete IN THE WORLD. #1 is some soccer player, I don't know soccer well though. There were some soccer players in the top 10.

Brady was like 21 on the list since really worldwide they don't go nuts on the NFL even though they try to market in other countries. But Brady is more well known than some NFL stars since he has all the rings and he is married to a woman who is famous in other countries.

I feel like I partly grew up with Kobe and than later with Lebron. These guys are globally known too and not just in America.

I would've actually loved to have seen how LeBron would've did in the 80's and 90's. We will never know unfortunately. The game back then, players were allowed to be much more physical as in hard fouls without Flagrant Fouls being called. Hand Checking was allowed too. Some of those Pistons/Bulls series from 1988-1990 were brutally physical, so were Pacers/Knicks in the 90's but players back then were allowed to get away with more. I am not buying the athlete's are better today compared to the 80's and 90's either. They are compared to the 60's but not 80's and 90's. By the time the 80's rolled around all of the Centers were basically 7'0 tall, also you had athlete's like Jordan, Wilkins, Drexler, Worthy, KMalone, etc. all come out in the mid 80's. It's all subjective and opinion where LeBron ranks. I guess if someone put him #1 that is their opinion. I do think he belongs in the Top 10 to his credit but not sure where?

-Bortles was just basically saying haters going to hate no matter what.

On 1/11/2018 at 5:43 PM, life long said:

I agree he wouldn't have been just an average player.  

That said he like Jordan gets a huge amount of benefit of the doubt when it comes to calls.  And that's putting it lightly.  

Traveling that wouldn't pass in a 5th grade basketball game Lebron does all night long.