Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4 Indy, No More Sb Blues

DILLIGAFER

I've always wondered why the Combine is held in Indy. Anyone know why?

Yeah, I've wondered about that too. Probably because of what people are guessing - indoor, middle of the country, great facility within walking distance of many hotels...

Recently I was on a business trip staying in a hotel outside of Dallas. There were a bunch of athletes training at the Michael Johnson Performance Center.

One man mountain got on the elevator with me and his name was Robert Griffin from Baylor. Only he wasn't RG3, he's a 6' 6" OT. I suggested RG330 for his nickname. He didn't pancake me, so I guess I didn't offend him.

I've always wondered why the Combine is held in Indy. Anyone know why?

From what I understand it is because they do not want to hop-skip and jump from city to city every year. They tried us once and as usual, we nailed it. It's not an event that relies on a huge influx of traveling fans. It's more of a business vocation.

I wish I could find a decent pork tenderloin. You know the kind you get at the state fair and festivals. Seems everyone has gone to the thick kind and I like the thin. :topic: :)

er-simpson.jpg

Agreed. I like my tenderloin the same way I like my fish, thin and crispy. Back to topic....lol

I wish I could find a decent pork tenderloin. You know the kind you get at the state fair and festivals. Seems everyone has gone to the thick kind and I like the thin. :topic: :)

OT

On the east side of Indy. In New Palestine, right on US 52, there is a resturant called B&Cs Hideout (Bonnie and Clydes)...They have these Tenderloins your heart desires, and THEY ARE AMAZING....Go 465, get off on Brookville, 4 Miles, Its on your left......Me and my wife go nearly once a week. We have a rotation of who gets the tenderloin (cant order the same thing!Im OCD like that).....SOOOOOOOO good, man, Im getting hungry just thinking about it. Next time I go, which very well may be here in a few minutes, I'll take a photo and send it to you thru PM.

Location, location, location. Central area, indoor stadium and the fact that we're so awesome! East coast and west coast teams don't have to travel that far.

Very true Indianapolis is within a days drive to 85-90 percent of the US population. Also the great location of down town with hotels, the stadium, convention center, restaurants and multiple hospitals teams can use for evaluating players all in walking distance. It is treated like it should be here in indy as a business not a vacation for young college kids. I have been downtown during the combine we really give these guys the freedom to walk around and do whatever they want. You can easily see players, coaches and execs just hanging out with now worry of being bugged by fans. It pretty funny really you can walk around hotels at this time and hear players get interviewed. I have walked by many times hearing couches interview people on a couch or at Starbucks. The big name guys get a room to go to, but you see a lot of positional coaches just take a seat where they can find it.

Isnt Indy the strip club capitol of the midwest....>?

Not true. Only one strip club is downtown near all this so thats pretty easy to watch. ps im pretty sure its common for people from indy to drive to

Louisville and Cincy to go to strip clubs if that tells you any thing.

Mug n Bun.....One of the best places ever in Indianapolis...Oh so good. Every once in a while from my drive from campus back home I get some...amazing breaded tenderloin sandwich.

Very true Indianapolis is within a days drive to 85-90 percent of the US population. Also the great location of down town with hotels, the stadium, convention center, restaurants and multiple hospitals teams can use for evaluating players all in walking distance. It is treated like it should be here in indy as a business not a vacation for young college kids. I have been downtown during the combine we really give these guys the freedom to walk around and do whatever they want. You can easily see players, coaches and execs just hanging out with now worry of being bugged by fans. It pretty funny really you can walk around hotels at this time and hear players get interviewed. I have walked by many times hearing couches interview people on a couch or at Starbucks. The big name guys get a room to go to, but you see a lot of positional coaches just take a seat where they can find it.

Not true. Only one strip club is downtown near all this so thats pretty easy to watch. ps im pretty sure its common for people from indy to drive to

Louisville and Cincy to go to strip clubs if that tells you any thing.

You may be new in town..

There are at least 30 strip clubs in the metro Indy area..

They have a web site with Top-20 rankings...

(or so I'm told)

(and I'm sure they're all college girls paying their tuition)

No NFL exec would EVER go there, of course

You may be new in town..

There are at least 30 strip clubs in the metro Indy area..

They have a web site with Top-20 rankings...

(or so I'm told)

(and I'm sure they're all college girls paying their tuition)

No NFL exec would EVER go there, of course

I have live in Indy for 25 years. Im guessing you dont live in Indy.

Metro Indy area is defined as Marion, Boone, Hamilton, Madison, Hendricks, Hancock, Morgan, Johnson, and Shelby counties. Thats around 3,600 total sq miles.

Downtown Indy only has 1 stirp Club that is Red Garder near Lucas. You can say maybe 2 others are inside the loop(465) near downtown but still 10 min out, and in bad areas of indy. Then you have a few near the loop (465) takes about 15-20 min to get to 465 from downtown depending on where you are going. No way would i consider these to be any issue for the kids coming here to try out since they are miles away from downtown.

I have live in Indy for 25 years. Im guessing you dont live in Indy.

Metro Indy area is defined as Marion, Boone, Hamilton, Madison, Hendricks, Hancock, Morgan, Johnson, and Shelby counties. Thats around 3,600 total sq miles.

Downtown Indy only has 1 stirp Club that is Red Garder near Lucas. You can say maybe 2 others are inside the loop(465) near downtown but still 10 min out, and in bad areas of indy. Then you have a few near the loop (465) takes about 15-20 min to get to 465 from downtown depending on where you are going. No way would i consider these to be any issue for the kids coming here to try out since they are miles away from downtown.

I don't live in downtown indy, but a quick google search straightend out this argument. I found at least 8 strip clubs within the 465 loop and 2 others within a mile of the 465 loop. Those are just the one's with websites. Im sure there are at least a dozen more that don't have websites. Therefore, it's pretty clear there are many more than just one in the downtown area.

I don't live in downtown indy, but a quick google search straightend out this argument. I found at least 8 strip clubs within the 465 loop and 2 others within a mile of the 465 loop. Those are just the one's with websites. Im sure there are at least a dozen more that don't have websites. Therefore, it's pretty clear there are many more than just one in the downtown area.

As a man who enjoys the finer things, I can shed some light on this. Lol.

First you got the Garter. Heart of downtown. Nice place. A bit over priced. And it's the oddest thing. No poles.

Then you got "the row" over in Lawerence. The row includes PTs, Babes, Harrim House. You go to Babes to get drunk. PTs to over spend, and you DONT go to Harrim.

Then you got my favorite Brads Brass Flamingo. That's over off southeastern. Good overall everything. Prices. Ladies. Drinks.

Then there's Dancers over by the airport. Never been there. Heard good things. They have the'events. Foxy boxIng, amateur night etc.

Then you have the hole in the walls. The kings of clubs. The sunset strip. Never been to any of these and not sure I want to. No ads. Generally in the rougher neighborhoods. They probably show up on Google Maps, but not really places you'd want to attend.

While I visit these places I general become inebriated, smoke, and then say the lords name in vein just to complete my degenerate trifecta.

I don't live in downtown indy, but a quick google search straightend out this argument. I found at least 8 strip clubs within the 465 loop and 2 others within a mile of the 465 loop. Those are just the one's with websites. Im sure there are at least a dozen more that don't have websites. Therefore, it's pretty clear there are many more than just one in the downtown area

The issue here is the definition of downtown Indy. I also know that about half of those 8 you see on google maps i would be more than glad to see you go to the other 7 just better have big friends. the neighborhoods between downtown indy and 465 can be a little rough. Downtown Indy is not every thing inside the loop.

Not trying to argue with people who are not from Indy but if you ask any one from Indy how many strip clubs are downtown they will say 1.

As a man who enjoys the finer things, I can shed some light on this. Lol.

First you got the Garter. Heart of downtown. Nice place. A bit over priced. And it's the oddest thing. No poles.

Then you got "the row" over in Lawerence. The row includes PTs, Babes, Harrim House. You go to Babes to get drunk. PTs to over spend, and you DONT go to Harrim.

Then you got my favorite Brads Brass Flamingo. That's over off southeastern. Good overall everything. Prices. Ladies. Drinks.

Then there's Dancers over by the airport. Never been there. Heard good things. They have the'events. Foxy boxIng, amateur night etc.

Then you have the hole in the walls. The kings of clubs. The sunset strip. Never been to any of these and not sure I want to. No ads. Generally in the rougher neighborhoods. They probably show up on Google Maps, but not really places you'd want to attend.

While I visit these places I general become inebriated, smoke, and then say the lords name in vein just to complete my degenerate trifecta.

Thanks IndyTrav for backing my point my argument is that only one strip club is in downtown indy. I even think this is a zoning thing they wont let more than on in that area as defined as "downtown indy" You pretty much named all the ones you could go to in indy that you wouldn't get shot at. Maybe a few more off 38th, but i am not going that way.

I"m 90% sure the reason the combine is held in INdy is because it was the Colts idea to start it back when. In recent years, they have developed regional combines in several cities. Current schedule has 7/8 regional combines stretching from LA to NY(this weekend) including places like Tampa, Baltimore, and Cleveland.