Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Mystery is over.... Andrew Luck Out for Season

ColtsBlitz

At least Luck did speak/making a statement saying that he will be better a QB in the future and he is looking forward to the future. So I highly doubt his career is in jeopardy otherwise he wouldn't be saying that. I don't see Andrew lying, he seems to have no doubt he will be 100% again. This is a very smart move. This gives him the whole year to get back to 100%.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Ballard sounds optimistic, says nobody has said anything about career ending. Not sure how that can't be considered at this point however. He still isn't healed and the doctors reportedly couldn't agree on what exactly was wrong. Have to wonder if he will ever come back or ever play at a high level at this point. Schefter on ESPN saying there was chatter all over the NFL all summer long that something wasn't going right with Luck's recovery. He mentioned "setbacks".  Irsay never mentioned any of that but he had tickets to sell.

There are some conspiracy theorists who believe Luck isn't that far off (maybe another month or two?), but Ballard knows it's a lost season and doesn't want to risk putting Luck back out there.  Not saying that's the case, but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that this is career threatening.

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

There are some conspiracy theorists who believe Luck isn't that far off (maybe another month or two?), but Ballard knows it's a lost season and doesn't want to risk putting Luck back out there.  Not saying that's the case, but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that this is career threatening.

If you can, can you Post Andrew's statement. I just seen it on ESPN. What Andrew says tells me this isn't career ending, he just needs longer to recover that most thought. People can call Irsay a liar but I highly doubt Andrew is going to lie.

19 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Those who believed Irsay, Ballard and Pagano ....

Leave Ballard and Pagano out of this one, they never put a date or timeline on anything. They thought he'd play this year, they were just wrong. It's as simple as that. The notion that it's some massive conspiracy is laughable.

17 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Tossing the ball means nothing unless you're playing backyard football with your kids.  We never saw him put any force into his throws and we never saw him throw several routes.  I don't believe this organization one bit.  They said he had not had ANY setbacks and weren't even calling the arm soreness a setback.  It's been reported that he has in fact had multiple setbacks.  With him seeking opinions from other doctors tells me that something is not normal about the surgery and his recovery.  I'm hopeful that he'll be back as strong as ever.  We won't know for sure until the draft.  

Your details aren't right. Lot's of people saw him throw (and throw hard) and against a Defense. The media guys in town saw it. There's videos of it (at least him throwing).

6 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

There's probably a lot more truth to that than what people want to believe, but at the same time it also feeds into the other conspiracy theory that they're lying to us.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you can, can you Post Andrew's statement. I just seen it on ESPN. What Andrew says tells me this isn't career ending, he just needs longer to recover that most thought. People can call Irsay a liar but I highly doubt Andrew is going to lie.

What else was he supposed to say?

9 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I'm not jumping to that conclusion, just saying it is a concern to me at least with where things stand right now. I personally don't know how anyone can make a determination one way or the other  right now.  This was not thought to be season ending either last offseason, but here we are. Of course it is in the Colts best interest to tell fans there no chance his career is over.

1 minute ago, indy1888 said:

I'm not jumping to that conclusion, just saying it is a concern to me at least with where things stand right now. I personally don't know how anyone can make a determination one way or the other  right now.  This was not thought to be season ending either last offseason, but here we are. Of course it is in the Colts best interest to tell fans there no chance his career is over.

Andrew said it is isn't career threatening. Why would he lie?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would say nothing if he thought his career in jeopardy. When has Andrew ever lied. It sounds like to me he is confident he will be 100% again.

He was also confident that he'd play all 16 games and he was also confident that he would play this season.  I'm not saying he lied but being confident about something doesn't mean it will happen.  I don't believe this will be career ending for him but it could definitely career altering.  

1 minute ago, deedub75 said:

He was also confident that he'd play all 16 games and he was also confident that he would play this season.  I'm not saying he lied but being confident about something doesn't mean it will happen.  I don't believe this will be career ending for him but it could definitely career altering.  

I have to agree. No one can fully predict their fate. Just because he says he will play again, doesn't mean it will happen. 

I guess the 2018 draft will be very telling this year on where things stand.

Nobody really knows but I doubt he would make a statement like that if he really thought his career is in jeopardy. JMO

3 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Andrew said he would "definitely" play this season.  Andrew is not always right.

His chances of being 100% next season are much higher though, that gives him a whole of time to get healthy. Colts are just being cautious IMO because they know this season is over anyway after losing last week.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nobody really knows but I doubt he would make a statement like that if he really thought his career is in jeopardy. JMO

His career was in jeopardy when he injured the shoulder and again when he had surgery.  Doctors tell you before you have surgery that there is a possibility, no matter how minuscule, that things could go wrong.  He should have a positive attitude in front of the media but behind closed doors I'm sure he didn't imagine it would take this long and I'm sure he's frustrated.  

His career was in jeopardy when he injured the shoulder and again when he had surgery.  Doctors tell you before you have surgery that there is a possibility, no matter how minuscule, that things could go wrong.  He should have a positive attitude in front of the media but behind closed doors I'm sure he didn't imagine it would take this long and I'm sure he's frustrated.  

A lot of times the surgery he had does take up to a year for it heal and he's a QB in the NFL so I think it's more of the Colts being cautious and not risking anything. The season is over anyway.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A lot of times the surgery he had does take up to a year for it heal and he's a QB in the NFL so I think it's more of the Colts being cautious and not risking anything. The season is over anyway.

Can we fire Grigson some more?  LOL!

4 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

I would agree with season in jeopardy which it was now, Career I doubt it.

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Colts-To-Place-Andrew-Luck-On-Injured-Reserve/91f39778-f534-4ca4-8604-aac9767db261

“I wish I was better and 100 percent this season, but that’s not the case," Luck said. "I know I’ll be better from this. I know I’ll be a better quarterback, teammate, person and player from this, and I’m excited for the future."

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We will know a lot more about his future come draft time. 

Could be interesting. Reports are that Luck has been told to stop throwing for several months. Colts will have to hope the rest magically cures him and he comes out slinging it just fine or else they are going to be forced to look at all options at the position.

3 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Could be interesting. Reports are that Luck has been told to stop throwing for several months. Colts will have to hope the rest magically cures him and he comes out slinging it just fine or else they are going to be forced to look at all options at the position.

This makes the most sense IMO.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep. If we Draft a QB we will know, if we don't draft one then things must be looking good for Andrew.

USC fan here.....This draft may not be as QB rich as previously advertised .....Many...many....many reports in and around USC Sam Darnold not coming out for the draft......Andrew is probably our best shot at a top QB...Mike Francesca still believes he has Super Bowls in him.....BUT HE CAN NOT DO IT ALONE(Hope you are reading this Mr. Ballard) .....BE HEALTHY ANDREW .....GO COLTS !!!!!!!!