Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts are a Circus

BlueShoe

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I'm with you on Pagano and the coaching staff.  They should have been gone last year.  As far as Ballard goes...he isn't close to being in the hot seat yet.  He knew this season would be a mess.  Since when does Irsay come out before the season starts and conditions the fan base about accepting a few losing seasons for more Lombardi's down the road?  That's Ballard's philosophy that he is emoting.  Heck...this could all be by design for all we know.  Ballard has only had 1 off-season to address our many issues and most reasonable Colts fans knew it would take more than one year to cure our ills.  Ballard should hopefully be able to get things turned around once he is allowed to hire his own head coach and gets a couple of good drafts and off-season signings under his belt.

My point remains. Ballard will be the last man standing in about 10 weeks (or less). 

Next year is completely on him. He will have good draft picks and his pick of the litter for a new coach. 

Fans wont be blaming losses on Pagano in 2018. Ballard will be on the receiving end of the tough questions soon enough. 

Ballard is not completely innocent in all of this. This 2-14 record is going on his resume too. It’s really hard to lose 14 games in the National Football League.

Without Andrew Luck, I don’t see another winnable game on our schedule. We were lucky to play Cleveland and San Fran this year or we might have completely lost out. 

13 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

My point remains. Ballard will be the last man standing in about 10 weeks (or less). 

Next year is completely on him. He will have good draft picks and his pick of the litter for a new coach. 

Fans wont be blaming losses on Pagano in 2018. Ballard will be on the receiving end of the tough questions soon enough. 

Ballard is not completely innocent in all of this. This 2-14 record is going on his resume too. It’s really hard to lose 14 games in the National Football League.

Without Andrew Luck, I don’t see another winnable game on our schedule. We were lucky to play Cleveland and San Fran this year or we might have completely lost out. 

Well I'm not sure Ballard will exactly have his pick of the litter of coaches.  Who would you like to see him bring in?  The usual names that I see being thrown around are Gruden, Toub or even Harbaugh.  Two of those guys are long shots and Toub has no head coaching experience.  Are there any other names that you know of that will be clamoring to take this job?  Most names out there are either retreads or others who are inexperienced as head coaches. Granted Pagano needs to go regardless...if simply for a change of culture and a new voice.

Yes...Ballard will eventually be the last man standing as you put it.  Not sure the media or fans will be clamoring for his head though if we don't make the playoffs again next season.  Not with a new head coach and a rebuilding roster. This team is an absolute mess...it's going to take about 2 years in my opinion before we are back to playing something resembling quality football.

Take a deep breath.  Everything is going to be fine.  Many people expected this season to be a wash, especially with Luck out for an extended period of time.  We have the right guy in Ballard, who is not in the hot seat by any stretch of the imagination.  The roster and coaching staff has a lot of holes, which couldn't all be fixed in one offseason.  You have to be patient.

10 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

So you are saying if the team doesn't improve the GM will come under fire?  That's pretty out there man....

34 minutes ago, Gramz said:

It's the Bengals...  I'm not skeered...  :P

Go COLTS....   Please prove the naysayers wrong today.   :td:

I'm not trying to set anyone off, but to whoever thinks we have a shot against the Bengals, you are wrong. Being a die hard fan of the Colts and Bengals, I watch way too much of both. Don't let the Bengals record fool you; their front seven is top three in the league IMO. Their secondary is in the top half too. We might be able to hold them on offense, but don't expect to score anything more than field goals or maybe a lucky deep ball. Burfict and co get better the closer their backs get to their end zone. Just saying don't count them out.

9 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Up until a few weeks ago, I was on the fence with this team as I tried to remain optimistic yet realistic, but I have been solid in my reaction to the final results. I am over it now. 

I attempted to give us the benefit of the doubt, but that has long been out the window. 

I am not sure if you're local or not (BUCS). If not then be thankful you did not just have to witness the Colts 365 show. It was enough to send any Colts fan over the edge. 

Be careful, Dont want to see you get hurt falling off the band wagon. 

20 minutes ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

I'm not trying to set anyone off, but to whoever thinks we have a shot against the Bengals, you are wrong. Being a die hard fan of the Colts and Bengals, I watch way too much of both. Don't let the Bengals record fool you; their front seven is top three in the league IMO. Their secondary is in the top half too. We might be able to hold them on offense, but don't expect to score anything more than field goals or maybe a lucky deep ball. Burfict and co get better the closer their backs get to their end zone. Just saying don't count them out.

Ahh,  not to worry.   You're not  "setting me off"  haha

I just feel the need to hold on to a sliver of hope, you know.      Gotta have hope,   and I too have watched the Bengals for years...  I actually live much closer to the Bengals stadium than the Colts.    Just not a fan of them.  They screw up a LOT, and have for years.   Just sayin'     This could go either way.     Go COLTS   

56 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Well I'm not sure Ballard will exactly have his pick of the litter of coaches.  Who would you like to see him bring in?  The usual names that I see being thrown around are Gruden, Toub or even Harbaugh.  Two of those guys are long shots and Toub has no head coaching experience.  Are there any other names that you know of that will be clamoring to take this job?  Most names out there are either retreads or others who are inexperienced as head coaches. Granted Pagano needs to go regardless...if simply for a change of culture and a new voice.

Yes...Ballard will eventually be the last man standing as you put it.  Not sure the media or fans will be clamoring for his head though if we don't make the playoffs again next season.  Not with a new head coach and a rebuilding roster. This team is an absolute mess...it's going to take about 2 years in my opinion before we are back to playing something resembling quality football.

It really doesn't matter who I want Ballard to hire. That's a decision that he needs to make, and he will have to live with. Unfortunately, he will probably only get one shot at this too. I could list a lot of coaches who I would be okay with, but I won't get fired if it doesn't work out. 

Bottom line is the team was 8-8 the year before Ballard took over, and barring an upset (or Luck coming back) it appears that Ballard will finish the season 2-14. That's a 6 game decrease, and we got 6 games worse than the year before. No excuses; just factual results. There are no moral victories in the NFL, and we all understand why it has to be that way. 

57 minutes ago, BOTT said:

So you are saying if the team doesn't improve the GM will come under fire?  That's pretty out there man....

Believe it or not, many don't understand that point. Most are giving Ballard a complete pass on this season. It's like he had nothing to do with going 2-14. 

Bizarre, right?

18 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Be careful, Dont want to see you get hurt falling off the band wagon. 

Oh please! I will be hanging onto this bandwagon until they put me in the ground, and even then they'll have run me over a few times to pry my hands off it. 

5 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Believe it or not, many don't understand that point. Most are giving Ballard a complete pass on this season. It's like he had nothing to do with going 2-14. 

Bizarre, right?

I give him a pass on this season. 

15 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

It really doesn't matter who I want Ballard to hire. That's a decision that he needs to make, and he will have to live with. Unfortunately, he will probably only get one shot at this too. I could list a lot of coaches who I would be okay with, but I won't get fired if it doesn't work out. 

Bottom line is the team was 8-8 the year before Ballard took over, and barring an upset (or Luck coming back) it appears that Ballard will finish the season 2-14. That's a 6 game decrease, and we got 6 games worse than the year before. No excuses; just factual results. There are no moral victories in the NFL, and we all understand why it has to be that way. 

You're entitled to how you feel but all I'll say to you is buckle up because this ride will be rocky for the next couple of years. Ballard isn't going anywhere anytime soon because Irsay will give him time to work his plan and turn this roster and coaching staff over...as well he should.  If we're Lucky, 12 returns healthy next year and makes the journey a bit smoother.

11 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Bizarre, right?

lmao trying to blame Ballard he has the worst coaching staff in the league by far 

10 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Chris Ballard,;YOU ARE NEXT ON THE HOT SEAT! You better get this fixed real soon.

Have you EVER heard of a GM getting fired after their 1st season?

I think Ballard would be the first ever.

And everyone but a handful of folks would be scratching their head.  It would be like going back in time to the "old Irsay" days.  No thank you.

:thmdown:

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

You're entitled to how you feel but all I'll say to you is buckle up because this ride will be rocky for the next couple of years. Ballard isn't going anywhere anytime soon because Irsay will give him time to work his plan and turn this roster and coaching staff over...as well he should.

Why fish-tale all over the road? Did I say Ballard was going anywhere anytime soon? NOPE! Never did!

I talk about holding a person accountable and this is the response I get. LOL

20 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Bizarre, right?

This is getting ridiculous. 

Lets try to put some perspective into the discussion. 

1. Our star QB is still hurt. Hasn't played a down this year and may not ever see the field until next season. 

2. The guy playing QB is still learning the playbook. It's highly unusual to have your starter this unfamiliar with the playbook and his team mates. 

3. Pagano and the team of assistants he's assembled are not up to the task. In other words, they stink as a group. Big problem the new GM inherited with no ability to change it this year. 

4. The old GM stunk at his job and put this talent challenged team together. 

5. The new GM inherited this mess and as far as I can tell drafted well and picked up some productive free agents. He's just beginning to put his stamp on the team. 

6. Yes, the Colts are in major rebuild mode. With a lot of cap space and a likely very high draft position next year. Which means they can improve quickly with the right decisions. The new GM needs to be given time to right the ship. I think he will. 

7. So...... take a deep breath and accept the situation for what it is. A fixable mess that will require patience. Not fun, but not hopeless either. 

4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Have you EVER heard of a GM getting fired after their 1st season?

I think Ballard would be the first ever.

And everyone but a handful of folks would be scratching their head.  It would be like going back in time to the "old Irsay" days.  No thank you.

:thmdown:

Did I say ANYWHERE that Ballard was going to get fired after 1 season?

NOPE! You made that UP! All on your own buddy. You made that up yourself. 

I did say that in 2018 (which means CB will be retained) that he will no longer have have Chuck Pagano to take the bullets for him though. 

The decisions that Ballard makes over the next 6 months will in fact define how long he has this job. So yeah, as soon as Pagano moves off the hot seat, Ballard gets to sit down to make sure it does not get too cold.

12 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Why fish-tale all over the road? Did I say Ballard was going anywhere anytime soon? NOPE! Never did!

I talk about holding a person accountable and this is the response I get. LOL

Ok...well let me put it like this. Ballard will not be held to the public scrutiny by media and fans after just his first season like you appear to want.  That is totally ridiculous because most reasonable people realize the shape this franchise is in minus it's franchise QB no less.  Give the man his time.  Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.  If after a couple seasons we have not made improvements then I think Ballard's seat  starts to get hot.  But to be pointing fingers at him at this stage makes this thread into a circus with you as the solo ring leader.

3 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Lets try to put some perspective into the discussion. 

1. Our star QB is still hurt. Hasn't played a down this year and may not ever see the field until next season. 

2. The guy playing QB is still learning the playbook. It's highly unusual to have your starter this unfamiliar with the playbook and his team mates. 

3. Pagano and the team of assistants he's assembled are not up to the task. In other words, they stink as a group. Big problem the new GM inherited with no ability to change it this year. 

5. The new GM inherited this mess and as far as I can tell drafted well and picked up some productive free agents. He's just beginning to put his stamp on the team. 

6. Yes, the Colts are in major rebuild mode. With a lot of cap space and a likely very high draft position next year. Which means they can improve quickly with the right decisions. The new GM needs to be given time to right the ship. I think he will. 

7. So...... take a deep breath and accept the situation for what it is. A fixable mess that will require patience. Not fun, but not hopeless either. 

It can't be stressed enough what grigson did to our team he wasted so many 1st and 2nd round picks that it really hurt our team bad and chucks coaching on top of that is the exact reason we are in this position 

1 minute ago, Hoose said:

Lets try to out some perspective into the discussion. 

1. The NFL does not care how many injuries. Success is only measured in wins and losses. 

2. The NFL does not care how young a team is. Success is only measured in wins and losses.

3. From 2012-2016 coach Ryan Grigson and Chuck Pagano were credited with 49 wins to 31 losses. 

4. From 2012-2016 coach Ryan Grigson and Chuck Pagano were credited with 49 wins to 31 losses. 

5. From 2012-2016 coach Ryan Grigson and Chuck Pagano were credited with 49 wins to 31 losses. 

6. Ballard will be held accountable just like every other NFL GM. He will have his time, but he must produce. 

7. You basically just described the Cleveland Browns for the past several years. You can put lipstick on a pig all you want, but it's still a pig.

3 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Did I say ANYWHERE that Ballard was going to get fired after 1 season?

NOPE! You made that UP! All on your own buddy. You made that up yourself. 

I did say that in 2018 (which means CB will be retained) that he will no longer have have Chuck Pagano to take the bullets for him though. 

The decisions that Ballard makes over the next 6 months will in fact define how long he has this job. So yeah, as soon as Pagano moves off the hot seat, Ballard gets to sit down to make sure it does not get too cold.

I think everyone knows that Ballard didn't have much to work with when he got here, and will give him at least until this time next year before prematurely declaring his seat "hot".  :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Ok...well let me put it like this. Ballard will not be held to the public scrutiny by media and fans after just his first season like you appear to want.  That is totally ridiculous because most reasonable people realize the shape this franchise is in minus it's franchise QB no less.  Give the man his time.  Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.  If after a couple seasons we have not made improvements then I think Ballard's seat  starts to get hot.  But to be pointing fingers at him at this stage makes this thread into a circus with you as the solo ring leader.

So this is about me, and what I want now? LOL

I thought it was about a GM doing his job in the National Football League. You're saying we should not pay any attention to what Chris Ballard is doing, and hold him accountable. To you, it makes more sense to hold me accountable for Chris Ballard's accountability? LOL

I never said he will not get his time. He needs to be held accountable for this mess though. Contrary to popular opinion, IT IS ON HIM! He is the man driving this dumpster fire in the Ohio River. 

10 hours ago, buccolts said:

After close consideration, you need a nap.

I'm local, but even if I wasn't, I was able to find the show pretty easily in a google search.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out what in that show set you off. If was just goofy, over the top, scripted, contradiction piece.

Certainly you knew the team was struggling prior to that show.

Yep, less an unforseen event, the Colts will struggle to win another game, perhaps, but we could all see the events of this season build to this. I don't feel like we're 1980's doomed.

Exactly, I viewed this just to see why it got him so riled up and was left scratching my head.  It was light hearted and not to be taken too seriously in my opinion. Here is a link the video for anyone who cares enough to check it out.

http://www.colts.com/cda-web/audio-video-module.htm?vv=pop-out&id=c648d518-90df-4dd7-aacd-e95f38f90d11&previewMode=true

3 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I think everyone knows that Ballard didn't have much to work with when he got here, and will give him at least until this time next year before prematurely declaring his seat "hot".  :dunno:

The team was 8-8 last year, correct?

What record will the Colts have this year?

Without Andrew Luck (or a lucky win) this team is going 2-14. 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

So this is about me, and what I want now? LOL

I thought it was about a GM doing his job in the National Football League. You're saying we should not pay any attention to what Chris Ballard is doing, and hold him accountable. To you, it makes more sense to hold me accountable for Chris Ballard's accountability? LOL

I never said he will not get his time. He needs to be held accountable for this mess though. Contrary to popular opinion, IT IS ON HIM! He is the man driving this dumpster fire in the Ohio River. 

Blue Shoe...you are focusing too hard on this season.  Gotta see the bigger picture bro.  This is a multi year project.  Most of us understood this going in.  Buckle up.

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

Take a deep breath.  Everything is going to be fine.  Many people expected this season to be a wash, especially with Luck out for an extended period of time.  We have the right guy in Ballard, who is not in the hot seat by any stretch of the imagination.  The roster and coaching staff has a lot of holes, which couldn't all be fixed in one offseason.  You have to be patient.

I have no problem being patient.

I am going to be truthful though, and people who believe this (2017) 2-14 record magically does not appear on Chris Ballard's resume are completely fooling themselves. He cannot escape it either. It's going on his permanent record. 

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Blue Shoe...you are focusing too hard on this season.  Gotta see the bigger picture bro.  This is a multi year project.  Most of us understood this going in.  Buckle up.

We all understood that this team could struggle. Every Colts fan knew that going into this season. That can also be said of any season. 

It doesn't give Ballard a free pass. He owns this too. This 2-14 stain will be a permanent mark against his record. I don't have any idea why so many others are so willing to blow it off as if it doesn't count. 

10 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

EVERYONE LISTEN - For a moment, let's take politics and belief systems out of the equation. Let's not be cynical. Let's just be real with each other. This really HURTS FOR COLTS FANS! IT STINKS! Acknowledge it, Accept it, and Embrace it, so we can all move on, together. There are no excuses! There is no use in arguing about how bad we stink! We just stink, period!

Saying & complaining that the Colts are becoming an embarrassment then creating this thread is slightly ironic. 

" Let's not be cynical."-  yet this thread is full of posts that are the definition of cynical...

10 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I have no problem being patient.

I am going to be truthful though, and people who believe this (2017) 2-14 record magically does not appear on Chris Ballard's resume are completely fooling themselves. He cannot escape it either. It's going on his permanent record. 

You're right.  2-14 (if it happens and it seems likely too) will go on his resume.  I think he will be ok with that if down the road he builds the Colts into a strong franchise.  We just have to wait and see how it all plays out.  When you rebuild...you have to tear down and look at the rubble.  We are at a rubble state...necessary before we can put a better team on the field down the road.  Like Irsay has publicly espoused...he is willing to sacrifice a few losing seasons for multiple Lombardi's. Whether or not that plan plays out remains to be seen.

2 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Saying & complaining that the Colts are becoming an embarrassment then creating this thread is slightly ironic. 

" Let's not be cynical."-  yet this thread is full of posts that are the definition of cynical...

I guess by your way of thinking then no one should ever post anything on this board then.